Export setting file / GW2 ?

Hello.

Sorry, i'm may be blind but I can't find any config/setting file in documents (only add-on, screens etc) or User, Appdata etc folders. How can I export or save my config ?
Plus, an other question while you're here; can I just export all the gw2 folder instead of downloading and installing new client ?

Thanks mates !

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

55 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Hello.

Sorry, i'm may be blind but I can't find any config/setting file in documents (only add-on, screens etc) or User, Appdata etc folders. How can I export or save my config ?
Plus, an other question while you're here; can I just export all the gw2 folder instead of downloading and installing new client ?

Thanks mates !

You can make a copy from the already downloaded content that you have on your SSD or mechanical drive. As for where you settings are stored, read Healix response on this (Healix have worked on BlishHUD (add on for GW2), so he/she has the knowledge of how these things works):

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

>All of the general settings (UI options, camera, targeting, keybinds, etc) are stored by the server, so if you were to login on a new computer, you'd still have all of those settings.

Ah great, thanks. @ShadowCatz.8437

You are welcome!

EDIT:

I forgot to add that you will need to place that new folder with all GW2 files in which isn't Program Folder (x64) or Program Folder (as MS Windows might decide to randomly make those files write protected which can cause issues, this is to prevent maleware to act as legit apps and gain access to legit files by altering files. It is more complex, but the best practise is keep game files in its own directory or partition that MS Windows wont change read/write status on).

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437