Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Can't load any character


Recommended Posts

So I launch the game, it downloads and launches just fine to the character select page but when ever I try to load in a character it begins to load the zone they are in then just stops and I get a "The client has stopped responding" message and I have to close the program. I ran the repair mode that the tech page suggested but to no avail, I still get the not responding message. This has only been a problem since the last patch (what lies within, I think it was). Any help would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sevens the lucky.2913 said:

So I launch the game, it downloads and launches just fine to the character select page but when ever I try to load in a character it begins to load the zone they are in then just stops and I get a "The client has stopped responding" message and I have to close the program. I ran the repair mode that the tech page suggested but to no avail, I still get the not responding message. This has only been a problem since the last patch (what lies within, I think it was). Any help would be appreciated.

you need to fully patch the game before entering, not just to a "playable" status. either your disk or internet are slow and can't handle real-time streaming of game data.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

you need to fully patch the game before entering, not just to a "playable" status. either your disk or internet are slow and can't handle real-time streaming of game data.

Yeah, I fully patched. My computer is a brand new gaming system and as I said ran the game just fine until the last update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this same problem crop-up last week.  Do you happen to have Windows 11 on your computer?  I put in a ticket and was informed Windows 11 is still not supported.  I found that rather than using the normal launcher (GW2. exe) from the desktop shortcut, if I use the setup .exe from the download file (GW2Setup. exe) everything loads and is playable.  I've had a couple of freeze-ups, but overall, it is fine

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Pavel.3501 said:

I had this same problem crop-up last week.  Do you happen to have Windows 11 on your computer?  I put in a ticket and was informed Windows 11 is still not supported.  I found that rather than using the normal launcher (GW2. exe) from the desktop shortcut, if I use the setup .exe from the download file (GW2Setup. exe) everything loads and is playable.  I've had a couple of freeze-ups, but overall, it is fine

I do run Windows 11 but as I said the game loaded and ran fine until about 2 weeks or so ago (right after the latest big patch). will try to run from the download file. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...