Can't load any character

So I launch the game, it downloads and launches just fine to the character select page but when ever I try to load in a character it begins to load the zone they are in then just stops and I get a "The client has stopped responding" message and I have to close the program. I ran the repair mode that the tech page suggested but to no avail, I still get the not responding message. This has only been a problem since the last patch (what lies within, I think it was). Any help would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, Sevens the lucky.2913 said:

So I launch the game, it downloads and launches just fine to the character select page but when ever I try to load in a character it begins to load the zone they are in then just stops and I get a "The client has stopped responding" message and I have to close the program. I ran the repair mode that the tech page suggested but to no avail, I still get the not responding message. This has only been a problem since the last patch (what lies within, I think it was). Any help would be appreciated.

you need to fully patch the game before entering, not just to a "playable" status. either your disk or internet are slow and can't handle real-time streaming of game data.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

you need to fully patch the game before entering, not just to a "playable" status. either your disk or internet are slow and can't handle real-time streaming of game data.

Yeah, I fully patched. My computer is a brand new gaming system and as I said ran the game just fine until the last update.

I had this same problem crop-up last week.  Do you happen to have Windows 11 on your computer?  I put in a ticket and was informed Windows 11 is still not supported.  I found that rather than using the normal launcher (GW2. exe) from the desktop shortcut, if I use the setup .exe from the download file (GW2Setup. exe) everything loads and is playable.  I've had a couple of freeze-ups, but overall, it is fine

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Pavel.3501 said:

I had this same problem crop-up last week.  Do you happen to have Windows 11 on your computer?  I put in a ticket and was informed Windows 11 is still not supported.  I found that rather than using the normal launcher (GW2. exe) from the desktop shortcut, if I use the setup .exe from the download file (GW2Setup. exe) everything loads and is playable.  I've had a couple of freeze-ups, but overall, it is fine

I do run Windows 11 but as I said the game loaded and ran fine until about 2 weeks or so ago (right after the latest big patch). will try to run from the download file. Thanks