WvW Reward Update June 6th

Xenesis.6389

World vs. World

• Added the Mist-Hardened Lockbox. This reward is available from completing WvW dailies, the weekly WvW meta-achievement, and as a drop from tower, keep, and Stonemist Castle lords. Mist-Hardened Lockbox keys, which are required to open the lockboxes, are available from each individual WvW weekly achievement and can be purchased from a new vendor.
    • New Officer's Remnant weapons are available as rare drops from Mist-Hardened Lockboxes.
  • A new vendor named Dugan has been added to the bases in Eternal Battlegrounds, Alpine Borderlands, and Desert Borderlands and inside the Armistice Bastion lobby. Each week, Dugan will offer WXP Boosters, Mystic Clovers, Memories of Battle, Provisioner Tokens, siege blueprints, ascended feasts, and more in exchange for WvW currencies such as WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, Emblems of the Avenger, and Badges of Honor.
  • A new Mistwalker Infusion has been added to WvW. An account-bound version is available for purchase from Dugan after completing a new Mists Research achievement, which is located in the WvW section of the Achievement tab of the Hero panel. A tradeable Ball of Charged Mists Essence containing the infusion can rarely be found after defeating WvW keep lords and the Stonemist Castle lord, and inside Mist-Hardened Lockboxes.
  • Adjusted the method used to award kill credit to support players to make their kill rewards more on par with damage-focused players.
  • To reward players for partial progress in the WvW weekly achievements, the WvW weekly meta-achievement has been split into two tiers, awarding 4 gold for each tier completed. Each tier requires three completed achievements, for a total of six.
  • The Invulnerable Fortifications guild claiming tactic has been renamed to Siege Dampener. The Structural Integrity effect applied by this tactic now reduces incoming siege damage to walls and gates by 66% for 60 seconds, rather than making them completely invulnerable.
  • Reduced the cooldown of the Emergency Waypoint guild claiming tactic from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.

Interesting tactical changes, I don't really agree with the invul changes, and with ewp getting the same cooldown it probably would be better to use those now instead. Backup right away or delay for a backup to come 2-3 mins later, kinda obvious which to choose....

They could have just adjust the cooldown on ewp and let people decide which to use. 🤷‍♂️

Support players getting their kill credit adjusted, rejoice.

Guess the lock box is a wvw version of the black lion chest. 🤷‍♂️

Um huh, you can straight up buy a wvw level for 10skimirsh tickets and 1 emblem of the avenger

25 mob for 100tickets 75badges 1eoa

crafting bags for 10tickets 5badges 5testimonies

errr the mist hardened lockbox keys says you can only buy 5 per week.... yet I'm getting more..... price goes up per tier, but not much, and unlimited at past 25 badges. 🤷‍♂️

The Mist-Hardened Lockboxes not really much special to it. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unsealed_Mist-Hardened_Lockbox

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 3

Yep. It's gonna be EWP in every tower and keep now. There'll be no change for Maguuma players - they already do this.

Absolute terrible change on the Invuln Fortification tactic Anet. They're now as useless as the Auto Turrets.

Edited by Bristingr.5034
Grammar fix.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Since I'm at work, any word on the exchange rate for the new vendor?

And not a big deal long term, but curious if we get keys for the daily/weeklies done already.

I'll post a video up in a couple mins for people at work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guessing they don't like zergs being forced to sit and wait at an unbreakable wall/gate, I wonder what drove them to nerf invul.

And ofc, the drops are kill based, whooo who wuda thought.

(I really wish the balance team were even half as good as the Customer Support team)

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I really don't understand the point of charging skirmish tickets for the first tab of rewards at Dugan , nor for the guild siege or crafting materials. Those items are effectively triple gated since they are weekly and cost accountbound currencies.

Mist Hardened Lockboxes are from the daily WvW reward so those are actually well designed but supposedly they also come from keep lords (which encourages k-trains probably). You can trade in badges of honor, testimonies of heroics , or emblems of the avenger for the keys so the keys should have been reevaluated. There is a false equivalency of badges to emblems: emblems are generally harder to obtain.

Most importantly you can now use cap and kill emblems for WvW infusions. This is a great change among the changes implemented.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I really don't understand the point of charging skirmish tickets for the first tab of rewards at Dugan , nor for the guild siege or crafting materials. Those items are effectively triple gated since they are weekly and cost accountbound currencies.

Mist Hardened Lockboxes are from the daily WvW reward so those are actually well designed but supposedly they also come from keep lords (which encourages k-trains probably). You can trade in badges of honor, testimonies of heroics , or emblems of the avenger for the keys so the keys should have been reevaluated. There is a false equivalency of badges to emblems: emblems are generally harder to obtain.

Most importantly you can now use cap and kill emblems for WvW infusions. This is a great change among the changes implemented.

Yeah the key prices are poorly done, 25 badges does not equal 1 emblem of the avenger. You certainly would get more badges off 100 kills that is required for the emblem.

Also it seems to be bugged, says you can only 5 per week for the badge one, but it allowed me to buy 20 so far. The first tab seems to be working right I guess, you can only buy 5 of the instant wxp levels.

Someone said 5k tickets for the infusion lmao.

The guild siege prices are way out of whack lmao.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah the key prices are poorly done, 25 badges does not equal 1 emblem of the avenger. You certainly would get more badges off 100 kills that is required for the emblem.

Also it seems to be bugged, says you can only 5 per week for the badge one, but it allowed me to buy 20 so far. The first tab seems to be working right I guess, you can only buy 5 of the instant wxp levels.

Someone said 5k tickets for the infusion lmao.

The guild siege prices are way out of whack lmao.

Gotta love not having a playtest server. So we get to test all buggy releases live.

Happened last time too, where you posted about the bag drops and by the time i got home from work it had been put on a pause for the next day or 2 while they nerfed rewards.

Is that the only thing you can spend the emblem of the avenger on?

They could at least avoid some headache by previewing the cost ideas in advance. Would allow for more community buy-in to the ideas proposed as well. Instead of always having to change things after the fact.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

100 Blue Trebs for 1 Guild Treb? Nah.

No the 1 eoa, how often you think you can get 100 kills on a treb to be worth that price? Why is it the cata and ram you get 3 for that price but only 1 treb ac bali, I'd rather pay 39s than an emblem for a guild version, even then I'd still be using superior. 100 regular trebs already take up 23s of the cost, so really eoa are valued at 16s?!?!?

Edited by Xenesis.6389

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Gotta love not having a playtest server. So we get to test all buggy releases live.

Happened last time too, where you posted about the bag drops and by the time i got home from work it had been put on a pause for the next day or 2 while they nerfed rewards.

Is that the only thing you can spend the emblem of the avenger on?

Here's the vid

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Here's the vid

Thnx for that. I certainly won't bother spending on a lot of those but I can see the appeal for the old timers with tons of skirmish tickets with nothing to otherwise do with them. And I'm guessing the buying of the keys will be fixed by the time I get home from work.

The prices do seem to be a little all over the place.
Whats the weekly limit on mystic clovers?
And I'm curious on peoples opinions on which exchanges are worthwhile and which are garbage.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Thnx for that. I certainly won't bother spending on a lot of those but I can see the appeal for the old timers with tons of skirmish tickets with nothing to otherwise do with them. And I'm guessing the buying of the keys will be fixed by the time I get home from work.

The prices do seem to be a little all over the place.
Whats the weekly limit on mystic clovers?
And I'm curious on peoples opinions on which exchanges are worthwhile and which are garbage.

Mystic clovers says 5 per account per week.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Thnx. Now to figure out if that's actually worth the 100 skirmish tickets then. Probably not, until one finishes all legendary crafting.

Depends on how much you play. The cost is basically a little into gold skirmish chest, for 100 tickets. You can get 2 clovers off repeatable reward tracks, the non repeatable ones can have 7-14. Meanwhile the raid vender versions cost 30 magnetite shards which you can only earn 300 per week, compared to wvw 100 tickets which you earn 365 from the track and whatever bits from OSR. 50 tickets might have been a more reasonable amount, you can also only buy 5 clovers compared to 10 with the raid currency. Pricing/stock just doesn't seem reasonable for the more limited wvw currency.

Personally I'm gonna buy 5 instant wxp, t5/6 crafting bags, and whatever keys with badges. Maybe some ascended food but you're limited to 3 per week, everything else is kinda meh. But first.... need to save up to 5k tickets again for the infusion.... which has a ghostly type of aura on it....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Depends on how much you play. The cost is basically a little into gold skirmish chest, for 100 tickets. You can get 2 clovers off repeatable reward tracks, the non repeatable ones can have 7-14. Meanwhile the raid vender versions cost 30 magnetite shards which you can only earn 300 per week, compared to wvw 100 tickets which you earn 365 from the track and whatever bits from OSR. 50 tickets might have been a more reasonable amount, you can also only buy 5 clovers compared to 10 with the raid currency. Pricing/stock just doesn't seem reasonable for the more limited wvw currency.

Personally I'm gonna buy 5 instant wxp, t5/6 crafting bags, and whatever keys with badges. Maybe some ascended food but you're limited to 3 per week, everything else is kinda meh. But first.... need to save up to 5k tickets again for the infusion.... which has a ghostly type of aura on it....

Fair enough points. I've done all the non repeatable ones so all tracks are just 2 tickets per. Losing 100 tickets just seems like a lot when I'm trying to save up for several WvW legendary items. I think I'm working on my second Conflux atm. The instant XP is very appealing since my current plans require a large amount of spirit shards. The keys are probably well worth it, especially early on. And if they are still off limit by the time I get home I will probably stock up using badges. But I imagine that will be corrected.

5k tickets seems like a lot for an infusion, but I get the appeal for people with too many and nothing to do with them.
I'm hoping the contacts of the boxes are decent, but no clue if it'll be worth it or not.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Its probably a bone thrown to those with 50k skirmish tickets. Its a good thing to take that into account.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Now if only we could get a GoB <-> GoE conversion...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

40 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

And I'm guessing the buying of the keys will be fixed by the time I get home from work.

Not bugged. It's just Anet worded it poorly (what a shock!). It's limited to 5 per week per price tier. The price doubles after the first 5, and doubles again after the next 5, and so on and so forth.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Not bugged. It's just Anet worded it poorly (what a shock!). It's limited to 5 per week per price tier. The price doubles after the first 5, and doubles again after the next 5, and so on and so forth.

Someone said that in game too, but no, I bought 30 of the badge ones for the same exact pricing. Maybe the other ones do, but I'm not going to test those...  Either way something needs fixing there.

You were right, the wording in the warning needs to be edited, it's 5 per price tier, not 5 per week. And looks like once you hit 25 badge tier it's unlimited, why would they even put price tiers on there for such a miniscule amount of badges.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I just rewatched the video and I see now the price increases but not by much. Seems to go from 20 tickets to 25 (so up 5 each time?). Still....probably worth buying up several bundles for how cheap they are.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

I just rewatched the video and I see now the price increases but not by much. Seems to go from 20 tickets to 25 (so up 5 each time?). Still....probably worth buying up several bundles for how cheap they are.

Yeah I just rewatched it too, lol the price change was so low I didn't notice.

• Like 1