New WvW Restructuring Beta June

19 hours ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

Why the f--K do you guys give 2 days notice of this?  There's gonna be a lot of people, just like last time, caught with their pants down.  I don't understand why you can't give at least a week.

And this test is in the sorting logic and the =1/-1. If you are indicating you need a ton of time it sounds more like you are trying to pretest the Alliance logic with a community guild setup, which if you had in place before might already still be in place. 

• Haha 1

They gave a heads up in the spring roadmap back in May 1st it was coming in summer. There are two that will most likely happen, the first being this two week WR, and then the next later on with functioning Alliances.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-spring-2023/

Then a whole extra week notice it was going to happen back on May 30. 

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/131346-june-9-%E2%80%93-june-23-world-restructuring-beta/

People have had enough time to spread the word and organize. Selection doesn't lock in until thursday night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

Why the f--K do you guys give 2 days notice of this?  There's gonna be a lot of people, just like last time, caught with their pants down.  I don't understand why you can't give at least a week.

They announced the June 9th start on May 30th. Well over a week's notice.

• Like 3

I mean even if they posted it yesterday when the thread was made, it'd still be 3 days notice and not 2? edit: Oh you have to do it by the 8th.

Also if you selected your guild last time, or most of the other last times then it is automatically set.) You only have to do it right once. (Though to be fair I think they screwed the first time.) So if one is complaining about missing it every time then not much we can do lol. Even my alt account which hasn't logged on this year will have no problems.

Now what is true is the in-game launcher could link to relevant news. But not sure if that would matter.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

11 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Now what is true is the in-game launcher could link to relevant news. But not sure if that would matter.

No anet needs to do direct phone calls to everyone in wvw to give proper notice cause going to a games site to keep up on the news of the game is too much to ask.

(We can complain about the december beta cause that was definitely sprung on with only a couple days notice but not this one)

Edited by Xenesis.6389

25 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They gave a heads up in the spring roadmap back in May 1st it was coming in summer. There are two that will most likely happen, the first being this two week WR, and then the next later on with functioning Alliances.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-spring-2023/

Then a whole extra week notice it was going to happen back on May 30. 

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/131346-june-9-%E2%80%93-june-23-world-restructuring-beta/

People have had enough time to spread the word and organize. Selection doesn't lock in until thursday night.

this and Ashen

Op, it is the Truth. Anet did give The Community plenty of time. You probably missed it.

Edited by Burnfall.9573

5 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

No anet needs to do direct phone calls to everyone in wvw

Then they'd just think it's a spam call and hang up.

I think the simpler solution is to just leave the checkbox functional always  It remembers your selection so I assume that can't be too hard.

And to be fair I barely pay attention to most of these things.  Usually a guildmate needs to tell me. But if I were in a guild/alliance that didn't bother keeping up on these things, I would imagine they wouldn't be doing much during beta weeks anyways.

Unless it's the type that only plays the game for it, but I mean, it's still one's own responsibility.

tl;dr Reading does suck.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I think the simpler solution is to just leave the checkbox functional always  It remembers your selection so I assume that can't be too hard.

Yeah well the entire system is still in beta. That's why we still have two selection screens and graphical glitch on selections. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah well the entire system is still in beta. That's why we still have two selection screens and graphical glitch on selections. 🤷‍♂️

I've always joked that in these tests that we're actually just testing the checkboxes; the rest is just there while the checkbox is still semi-functonal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

And this test is in the sorting logic and the =1/-1. If you are indicating you need a ton of time it sounds more like you are trying to pretest the Alliance logic with a community guild setup, which if you had in place before might already still be in place. 

What?  Where are you pulling that from?  

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

No anet needs to do direct phone calls to everyone in wvw to give proper notice cause going to a games site to keep up on the news of the game is too much to ask.

(We can complain about the december beta cause that was definitely sprung on with only a couple days notice but not this one)

How about just an In game mail.  Hell, we just got one regarding dragon bash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

this and Ashen

Op, it is the Truth. Anet did give The Community plenty of time. You probably missed it.

The first post doesn't mean squat.  Sometime in the summer isn't a date, and as per usual A-net fashion, it could be delayed indefinitely. The second post is concrete and I didn't see that as I don't frequent the forums.

I said in a previous reply that an in game mail would be the best solution. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

What?  Where are you pulling that from?  

Are people actually unchecking this box between betas for some reason? It doesn't have a function outside of it. I get your point for new people that are just starting WvW between the betas. I also agree it should have been on the splash page when logging in. In game mail there was one in the War Machine skin but would say its hit or miss people seeing it since if they are at max visual queue for mail they aren't going to see it anyway.

One of the other issues we had was trying to actually SET our WvW guild for the beta. Some members kept trying to set it and it wouldn't take. We discovered that they couldn't do it while they were actually in WvW. They had to go to PVE and set it and come back to to verify it stuck. So if people didn't figure that out they are screwed for this beta.

Well, just as predicted, a bunch of guildies are not playing with us.  Why?  Because many people don't play during the week, or maybe they just didn't log in since Monday.  Some of them had an old guild alliance picked, some didn't have anything.  Now, we're not gonna play together for 2 weeks.  kitten, didn't you guys learn anything from the last Beta?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

Well, just as predicted, a bunch of guildies are not playing with us.  Why?  Because many people don't play during the week, or maybe they just didn't log in since Monday.  Some of them had an old guild alliance picked, some didn't have anything.  Now, we're not gonna play together for 2 weeks.  kitten, didn't you guys learn anything from the last Beta?

So they don't play for an entire week but suddenly they want to play for the next 2 weeks. Oh and your in game mail probably wouldn't have saved this either since they weren't logging in to play anyways! 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

...didn't you guys learn anything from the last Beta?

Actually, there is one thing my guild learned from the last few betas. For the past few weeks, we've been reminding everyone to check in as often as possible just in case this beta was announced in between their regular playing times. That was especially important for our weekend warriors and our sporadic players. As far as I know, everyone got the word about this beta in time to set their WvW guild. Over the next couple of days I should hear if everyone got placed correctly or if some folks ended up on the wrong world.

3 hours ago, Spurnshadow.3678 said:

Why did they not have their own guild selected?  So again, this sounds like you were trying to test Alliance logic before Alliance code was in place. Why wasn't your guild the set point? I appreciate bug reporting, but this is leaning towards gaming the system versus beta testing that the system was about. You are also impacting trying to understand where guilds were not kept together to debug that issue, versus your guild was trying to do an Alliance while that code was not in place,. It's a good thing to try and debug Alliance code when in place, but as a software designer, I will have to use the user card here and say, why are trying to test a feature not yet in place versus the feature we are testing? Your results muddy the test and leave people chasing more what-ifs versus real bugs, thereby slowing the development process. When you add in more false positives, you slow IDing the real issues in the new system and create delays in testing and coding that was in the test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1