[NA] LF anyone for first time / blind run / new to Raids

SponTen.1267

I'm wondering if anyone who's never done Raids before would be up for giving them a shot, with low expectations and low requirements, kind of like what Preach has been doing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQHWwb6ddRE), and what many players did when Raids were first released (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnwxXciobVY). For example:

• No role requirements
  • "Blind" runs; we go in without having done them before, nor read guides on them
  • Only expectations would be things like having at least some cohesive gear, traits, and skills ie. Not full Nomad's on a Condition build, but a mix of Berserker's, Assassin's, and Cavalier's would be fine on a Power build
  • We expect to wipe and have to try many times, but go slowly and learn along the way
  • When we fail, we can discuss things like mechanics, adding in more heals or boons, note that we're struggling with dps because we're running around too much, etc

Is there anyone else up for this kind of thing? I've done one single Raid ever (W4), and it was fun, but we kinda flew through it with the experienced players just telling the rest of us what to do. I'd love to play them (preferably in order) with a group of people who've never done them before, and just kind of experience them as new content that we work out together. Can even discuss the story and setting and all that. And W1 is Emboldened this week.

I figured that, yeah, there will be lots of wiping, but you only get to experience content for the first time once, so might as well make a thing out of it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's 2 weeks late but I'd be interested if you're still looking for people.

Got a rough timeframe for when you plan to raid? I'm east coast.

I did a single raid boss with someone who had low/no expectations and enjoyed it and I've been thinking about doing it. I believe it was Construct or something like that.

I come from more of a pvp game background (Guild Wars 1, League of Legends and a bit of GW2 pvp) but would be interested in working on legendary armor which requires raids.

I like the idea of a new group learning content together with low/no pressure. I've been lurking in Raid Academy and one reason I haven't joined a raid on there yet is it seems people have expectations and I'd rather go in with none and learn together as opposed to being a weak link. And I appreciate people on there want results, want progress but I'm fine taking this slower whether blind or not and learning with a group.

Edited by Leger.3724

On 6/21/2023 at 10:40 PM, Leger.3724 said:

I know it's 2 weeks late but I'd be interested if you're still looking for people.

Hey! Yep, I'm not doing specific static group runs, so I'm always looking for people; it's more of a general "join whenever you can/want". I'm just seeing if pugging Raids with basically no organisation is even possible. So far, we've completed W1 and W2, both Emboldened. Here's the video of the 2 hour W1E run, if you're curious. I intend to try W3E this weekend.

Feel free to add and whisper me in game and I'll make a note to whisper you when I start. I live in Australia, so my times will typically be my mornings about 8-11am UTC+11 on Saturdays and Sundays. Sometimes I do Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights, 8-11pm. If you're east coast US, then I believe that will be your 6-9pm on Friday and Saturday, and 6-9am on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, respectively.

There's no 100% set time though, because the idea is just to jump in and give it a shot whenever you can, or create and lead the same type of group during times that better suit you. I'd love for this to be a normal thing everyone does, similar to Fractals.