Abusive messages

Your team losing? People not matching your tactical excellence? Why not try calling them names and swearing at them.?

I can assure you every one on your team will think you're a really cool and grown up person and they'll definitely listen to your expert advice.

On a completely related note, does the report player function do anything? I'm pretty sure I see those totally cool people being very grown up fairly regularly. I find it very hard to play my best when I'm too busy swooning over them

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Your team losing? People not matching your tactical excellence? Why not try calling them names and swearing at them.?

I can assure you every one on your team will think you're a really cool and grown up person and they'll definitely listen to your expert advice.

On a completely related note, does the report player function do anything? I'm pretty sure I see those totally cool people being very grown up fairly regularly. I find it very hard to play my best when I'm too busy swooning over them

You know what works incredibly well? The block feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Does that stop you being matched up with them? I'm old enough and been playing online games long enough that I just see the abuse as normal. 

It will stop you from seeing what they say. You could put them on your friend's list and queue dodge them. The block list was supposed to do that I think and had some issue, don't remember that fully, but if you friend them you'll see if they are already in a match and you can queue without encountering them.

• Like 1

I'm personally fine with whatever they're saying. I guess i got thick skin. And blocking works. U can try reporting but I don't think reports do much.

What i have the most problems with is players just going afk instead. Anet really needs to look at reports & punish players a LOT harder
I think they should make a blog post explaining how players get punished IF they get punished at all.

• Like 1

you need ticker skin why you care so much what they say?  also they might have a reason  if you are a bad player,  this is pvp  competitive stuff not for you to learn builds and make friends. is a competitive environment

Edited by kima.3045
better wording
  • Confused 7

12 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

you need ticker skin why you care so much what they say?  also they might have a reason  if you are a bad player,  this is pvp  competitive stuff not for you to learn builds and make friends. is a competitive environment

have you participated in any real life sports? sportsmanship is an actual thing that exists, and many leagues will actually kick you out (or even ban you) for not being a good sport to others.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

have you participated in any real life sports? sportsmanship is an actual thing that exists, and many leagues will actually kick you out (or even ban you) for not being a good sport to others.

Yes but the moment those same people are allowed to hide behind an anonymous online name all that goes right out the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

Even competitive environments have standards for abusive speech, and even competitive environments have new players. This absolutely should be a place for you to learn builds and make friends; when did those two things become separated from competition? This isn't a war. 

Having a thick skin is necessary for most interactions, but that is not the solution to people being vitriolic because they know they can get away with it. The game needs to show them the door if they can't exercise half the self control the person they're verbally abusing is.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

grow up, you need ticker skin.  is call life

First of all, Guild Wars 2 is not part of "this is life"

Secondly, this is a Gaming Platform

Thirdly, Anet is a Business Game Company 

Fourthly, we are Customers using Anet Business Gaming Platform.

Just as any Businesses, they implement Code of Conduct to their Platform Rules to all members whose conducting Business with them including Employees, Business Partners and Customers.

Tools and Awareness must be provided to all services to provide feedback and awareness when Cofe of Conduct are violated, exploited and are abused

Question to be asked is

What Actions has Anet taken with the Community feedbacks and suggestion in combating Toxicity?

Where are the results of Anet continual stance against Toxic behaviors to their Platform?

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

Thicker skin and discipline are important. PvP isn't remotely competitive tho, it has no competitive integrity in any of the 3 gamemodes.
If we can eliminate corruption, we'll see a lot less of it by default. Abusive behavior comes from the ego, and all this game does is cater to and inflate the ego.

9 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Question to be asked is

What Actions has Anet taken with the Community feedbacks and suggestion in combating Toxicity?

Where are the results of Anet continual stance against Toxic behaviors to their Platform?

That's the right question to be asking.

The answer is nothing, unless you count the borderline abusive and most definitely inconsistent actions of moderation. You could be called all manner of slurs in game, and then end up as the only one banned when you come here and ask why that is remotely acceptable.
To question is to doubt, to doubt is an offense punishable by permanent ban. I wish I was being hyperbolic. 🤐 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Thicker skin and discipline are important. PvP isn't remotely competitive tho, it has no competitive integrity in any of the 3 gamemodes.
If we can eliminate corruption, we'll see a lot less of it by default. Abusive behavior comes from the ego, and all this game does is cater to and inflate the ego.

That's the right question to be asking.

The answer is nothing, unless you count the borderline abusive and most definitely inconsistent actions of moderation. You could be called all manner of slurs in game, and then end up as the only one banned when you come here and ask why that is remotely acceptable.
To question is to doubt, to doubt is an offense punishable by permanent ban. I wish I was being hyperbolic. 🤐 

Aye, Thick Skin and Discipline are needed, but sometimes a Fierce Blow followed by Vigorous Shouts is the right  Soldier's Comfort before a Resilient Roll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

is not real life first of all.

and you mean they force them to shake hands at the end of the match?  HAHA yea lets be bestys!   

Look at Michael phel  he doesn't go down to his lvl to shake hand with the losers, he splashes them, 3 times gold medal in the Olympics    for over 12 years and still hold the record.   no one in the world has gone to Olympics that many times, he even did drugs, and they forgive him.

yes  they live of the sport there for they need to do pretend to be nice, look at mm fighters   you think they are best friends? they are there for literally blood.   you cant expect to all grab hands and sing cumbaya

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Aye, Thick Skin and Discipline are needed, but sometimes a Fierce Blow followed by Vigorous Shouts is the right  Soldier's Comfort before a Resilient Roll.

I walked right into that one
Personally I prefer a [Final Thrust] before the [Vigorous Shouts] to provide maximum [Soldier's Comfort]

Very underrated skill 😏

• Haha 2

sadly, some players are not ready to go rated, don't know how to use the minimap, signals or drawings, others can't even read. others pretend to be better and go 1v4 to die over and over.... if you want to have respect and friends in a competitive environment, be competitive, be up to the standards of the challenge.  want to be respected by the flame tribe? be capable of stand on the flames.  want to be respected by the tribe of water,  hold your breath as long as them.

you cant be expected to be respected when players dont use the tools of the game, there for unrated is for them.

Edited by kima.3045
adding more
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

sadly, some players are not ready to go rated, don't know how to use the minimap, signals or drawings, others can't even read. others pretend to be better and go 1v4 to die over and over.... if you want to have respect and friends in a competitive environment, be competitive, be up to the standards of the challenge.  want to be respected by the flame tribe? be capable of stand on the flames.  want to be respected by the tribe of water,  hold your breath as long as them.

The haughty find only shame and destruction, not respect or honour. Like I said before the competition is completely dead in rated. Rising to the top in this game only nets one accusations of cheating and/or boosting. Nobody is going to be impressed by destructive clout-chasing and nihilism. Their only reward is pride in their own accomplishments. Utterly meaningless and devoid of any purpose.

39 minutes ago, kima.3045 said:

you cant be expected to be respected when players dont use the tools of the game, there for unrated is for them.

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." -Philippians 2:3 🙏

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 3:03 PM, eXruina.4956 said:

i should try this with my forum stalker, poor sob clearly needs some lovin' 😏💋💕

Just remember that the game mods and forum mods are two VERY different creatures. You can get away with saying almost anything in-game and nothing will be done about it. However, in the forums, the mods will be all over you if you so much as dare to roll your eyes while you're typing.

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 1:54 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Can confirm this to be true, however

Be careful what you wish for. This is still a roleplaying game.

Not just a role-playing game, but an MMO role-playing game. Where you can interact with other players as if you would go to a nightclub or bar and...

You know what, I'm just going to stop talking...!

• Haha 2