Abusive messages

Sometimes you queue up. You try your best. And the game decides to put you with the kinds of people that you swear are only there to drag you down. 

It sucks, but that's just the reality of any competetive team based game with random teamates. The writing is painted clearly on the door before we queue up. It's up to us whether we choose to listen. 

If someone can't handle the frustration that comes with playing these kinds of games. That's on them, not on the people they scream at during one of their fits. No amount of baby rage is going to stop these games from happening. They only make people less likely to work WITH you to make a comeback when they do. 

Learning how to take these losses with grace is a sign of emotional maturity. And I believe that's just as important as growing a "thicker skin".

Edit: Feel free to be toxic towards wintraders tho. They deserve it. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Not just a role-playing game, but an MMO role-playing game. Where you can interact with other players as if you would go to a nightclub or bar and...

You know what, I'm just going to stop talking...!

*drops wine glass*

H-

He learned the matchup?!

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Just remember that the game mods and forum mods are two VERY different creatures. You can get away with saying almost anything in-game and nothing will be done about it. However, in the forums, the mods will be all over you if you so much as dare to roll your eyes while you're typing.

as long as they follow the rules they set, otherwise its a free for all and i don't really care. 🙂

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, eXruina.4956 said:

as long as they follow the rules they set, otherwise its a free for all and i don't really care. 🙂

Just giving you fair warning. You'd be surprised at the very mild responses that will earn you permanent infraction points from the forum mods.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

so long the abuse is about my game skills im fine with it, PVP is player vs player.

I often even learned from those critics, best is getting stomped by someone in a 1v1 u thought is bad only to find out they are pro and u learned a new trick from them.

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I always write: "I really thank every word you waste on me", followed by "Luv ya (L)" and sometimes "Have the same good day as you wish to me!".

If they didnt stop it, i proceed with accepting everything they throw on me with a little pun in the end. If they write that im noob, i go with "Ye, you are right, im a noob, thanks for letting me know it 🙂", or if they say on map chat to report me with match manip or anything, i say "Yeye, report me with whatever he wants 🙂 ".

Eventually they got tired 😛 Plus you make fun of them 😄 

(i play always online, but during these encounters i go offline and delete all letters without reading, i only block after second letter, hehe)

I've found guild wars 2 PVP (PVE is way too nice to be mentioned) to be the least toxic of any other MMOs I've encountered. I don't even think it can be called 'toxic' when compared to those other games (lol). It's just unpleasant sometimes. Most of the players seem to be in the 20-40 age group which naturally means less toxicity. Just look at the forums, just occasional arguments and discussions; nothing resembling any fighting.

Granted there might be some tensions when it comes to wintrading and duo queue but the positives outweigh the negative aspects. Just name an MMO with a better PVP balance and nicer community.

When I started playing GW2 about 2 years ago I was only interested in PVE and swore never to touch PVP. As it happens, after a good few months, when I finally tried PVP it was pleasantly enjoyable. I even encountered some helpful high level players in public games who would throw out some tactics and strategies. Also, GW2 PVP isn't a noob-stomping P2W fiesta unlike in other MMOs where credit card swipers are running in their mega epic gears and lol pwing noobs (latest example being Diablo Immortal).

Crap talking during the game is whatever. If they whisper you after the game just block and report them. I would say don't reply to them but most of the time they're cowards and hide behind offline or blocking you anyway so they're doing the work for you.