ANET just said "wHelp, se3ya L8tr" to Warror's

Xperiment.6923

Stop complaining for a bit, warrior got:

-Rfile buffs, rifle 4 is now instant cast (finally)

-Being able to move while using Flurry

-Alac on bladesworn

-Dagger 4 now boonstrips and dagger 5 now provides barrier

-CDR from traits are now baseline 

-Old GS berserk F1, now we wont need to stow for our PvE rotation

Yes, rifle 5 still trash, and there are clearly things that still needs to be improved, just don't be a doomer, it's a general balance patch, not a "warrior only" balance patch.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

-Alac on bladesworn

Yes, rifle 5 still trash, and there are clearly things that still needs to be improved, just don't be a doomer, it's a general balance patch, not a "warrior only" balance patch.

I agree. We got a bunch of new toys to play with. Might be a little based as a rifle enjoyer, but I'm pleased. 8^)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

-Alac on bladesworn

Rifle buff, sure, it did come at the expense of falling off crackshot trait. Dagger OH good... I dont care about Quickness Beserker, I dont care about Alac Bladesworn. Maybe I will down the road. What I want is Viable Build Variance. I'm in the Warrior Support Camp, I like Banners and Warhorns, not too much going on with them and ARMS traitline still busted along with our other hollow traitlines you take for 1 skill. I think after maining Warroir for 8 months its time to move on..maybe even different game or no game. I dont need to Whale for ANET anymore at the gem shop if I feel all I can do is hit a ceiling at mediocre on a character I built 10 years ago..  Devs clearly have an unhealthy fetish for everything that isn't warrior. With spin to win buttons cause I press 1 key auto pilot to target and generate a billion boons and conditions. Where is the balance to Mace MH/OH, Build viability for Sword/Sword. Will we see anything different then Axe Axe zerkers? Same Axe/pistol BS.

Edited by Xperiment.6923
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@HeliosMagi.9867 i must say to me thats juust by far the best change in the whole Warrior Changes list of this update. To be fair it will now flow worse in PvE rotation but we might need to see First ^^

I made a whole topic about how I feel about it, go read that. The TL;DR of it is it removes Arc Divider's main niche as a counter to hordes of adds and trash mobs.

Edited by HeliosMagi.9867

I get people being upset with a patch (regardless of if I agree with them or not) but this thread is stupid. It was clear Warrior wasn’t the focus of this patch, and we still got a moderate amount of change. Maybe it wasn’t where you wanted it, but that doesn’t really matter.

Yall need to have some reasonability and see they can’t make massive overhauls every patch for every class smh. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I made a whole topic about how I feel about it, go read that. The TL;DR of it is it removes Arc Divider's main niche as a counter to hordes of adds and trash mobs.

Warrior got a million skill to counger hordes of adds And trash mobs, and arc div still does that to a lesser extend, but now it is more burstier

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I get people being upset with a patch (regardless of if I agree with them or not) but this thread is stupid. It was clear Warrior wasn’t the focus of this patch, and we still got a moderate amount of change. Maybe it wasn’t where you wanted it, but that doesn’t really matter.

Yall need to have some reasonability and see they can’t make massive overhauls every patch for every class smh. 

Just like the massive overhaul to Arc Divider?...come on dude...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

Nothing for Banners, Nothing for all the busted weapons. I doubt rifle buffs do anything. Still no support MH. Clearly they hate the guy that made the class I dont know who they touched wrong? 

gw2 is just a boon fiesta now. Except for warrior, of course, who's not even invited unless he brings quickness and leaves it at the punch bowl...

Well, I'm off to play Valheim, which is NOT an mmo...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They won't add that Signets' passives keep working when the Signets are on cooldown.

The Rifle and offhand Dagger changes are negligible to me at best. Where's the much needed damage increase?

No changes to other weapons that aren't just replacements of cooldown reduction traits. Torch doesn't even get its traited cooldown reduction on the baseline.

Nothing I care for gets buffed. All that changes for me is that my occasional Berserker play will use Blood Reaction instead of Heat the Soul (which they ought to rename, as it no longer will warm any kind of souls).

Good thing I already know better than to expect or hope for anything of worth.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They won't add that Signets' passives keep working when the Signets are on cooldown.

The Rifle and offhand Dagger changes are negligible to me at best. Where's the much needed damage increase?

No changes to other weapons that aren't just replacements of cooldown reduction traits. Torch doesn't even get its traited cooldown reduction on the baseline.

Nothing I care for gets buffed. All that changes for me is that my occasional Berserker play will use Blood Reaction instead of Heat the Soul (which they ought to rename, as it no longer will warm any kind of souls).

Good thing I already know better than to expect or hope for anything of worth.

Rifle changes ARE a damage increase. You spend less time autoattacking. I'd have liked more usability improvements or more utility on the weapon but the proposed changes aren't negligible. 

Right now Volley goes on a 5s CD with a 12s Count Recharge - this stupid double CD gate made it hard to get value out of the Ammo recharging mechanic on Rifle 5 (you'd refresh the ammo, but the skill would still be on CD) and made it difficult to use Volley twice within 1 weapon swap cycle. With a 1s CD between casts you could probably not need a single auto and almost unload 3 Volleys in a row. This also means more Adrenaline generation from the improved rate of fire (a serious problem on Rifle before), and depending on what they do to the code of Crack Shot it might still be bugged to give Rifle skills 2x Adrenaline.

I'll wait till I get to play around with it before seriously criticizing it. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

They literally just moved the quickness on burst from tactic to berserker that's it lol

Not quite. The quickness on burst on Berserker is no longer tied to the mechanical failure that is Soldier's Focus. It's not much, but it is an improvement.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It will either have no CD and a short duration (my hope) or a longer duration and a 10s CD (boo).

Whichever way they choose, I doubt it'll be able to compete with the other Quickness providers.

I don't even get why they have to make yet another feature depend on Bursts.

Why can't it be a simple 1.5 seconds of Quickness whenever you critically strike an enemy? It's clean, it's simple and it works right from the very start of combat.

Edited by Fueki.4753