PLEASE don't change Arc Divider!

HeliosMagi.9867

From the balance patch preview, Anet are planning to completely rework the Greatsword Primal Burst Arc Divider so that it only hits once at a reduced power and faster cast time. So essentially just a slightly stronger version of the base Arcing Slice. This a huge downgrade and removes the ability's main niche as a counter to waves of trash mobs. My favorite thing about Berserker is using Arc Divider to obliterate large groups of trash mobs and you're taking that away from me. It's bad enough this game has a stupid target cap in PvE, now you're taking away one of the few abilities that can get around it. KEEP ARC DIVIDER THE WAY IT IS!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The special thing about Arc Divider is that it feels so UNBELIEVABLY SATISFYING to have this angry character overextending their usual 1 boring spin to these 3 amazingly angry spins. It feels so FUN to get to use. If they change Arc Divider sure it might be a usability buff but it will no longer be as fun as we've had it for years!

Don't nerf the FUN! :<

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Stwomy.4720 said:

The special thing about Arc Divider is that it feels so UNBELIEVABLY SATISFYING to have this angry character overextending their usual 1 boring spin to these 3 amazingly angry spins. It feels so FUN to get to use. If they change Arc Divider sure it might be a usability buff but it will no longer be as fun as we've had it for years!

Don't nerf the FUN! :<

For me personally, as someone who plays primarily sPvP, the skill felt clunky and unrewarding to use. A single chunky hit will feel much faster and rewarding = more fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

For me personally, as someone who plays primarily sPvP, the skill felt clunky and unrewarding to use. A single chunky hit will feel much faster and rewarding = more fun

It would only feel fun if they remove the arbitrary 5-target cap in PvE. The whole benefit of Arc Divider is that the multiple hits provided a workaround to the AoE cap, if a mob died before Arc Divider finished that freed up a spot for a new enemy to be hit by the remaining hits. A single Arc Divider could tag and potentially kill up to 15 enemies. It's the whole reason I out so much effort into making a satisfying Open World Berserker build, and in Instanced PvE I still keep a GS on weapon swap for encounters with lots of trash mobs such as Siren's Reef. And unless we complain loud enough, that'll all disappear at the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Not unless it has the same range as current Arc Divider's 3rd hit and can hit 15 enemies.

U never hit this many target to begin with

There are no people dumb enough to not press dodge when they get hit by the first hit. Even a monkey can do it. It is the easiest to dodge skill in the entire game. 

and you are only hitting anything in wvw because people can't see kitten in wvw.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

U never hit this many target to begin with

There are no people dumb enough to not press dodge when they get hit by the first hit. Even a monkey can do it. It is the easiest to dodge skill in the entire game

And now they will do it and mitigate all the damage, whereas before the final stray hit could get them.

Or the 2 hits would clear blind and aegis and get some damage in, while now the single strike will simply be blocked or blinded entirely.

And playing Bloody Roar is a non-factor for any selfish berserker. EC vastly superior afterall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

And now they will do it and mitigate all the damage, whereas before the final stray hit could get them.

Or the 2 hits would clear blind and aegis and get some damage in, while now the single strike will simply be blocked or blinded entirely.

And playing Bloody Roar is a non-factor for any selfish berserker. EC vastly superior afterall.

if  you need urself to clear blind and aegis you aren't doing any damage to begin with.

Like what scenario We even talking about here

Arcing slice is literallly 10x better except the range factor.

There's a reason why arc divider is trash damage in Spvp, Because even a monkey can avoid it

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

if  you need urself to clear blind and aegis you aren't doing any damage to begin with.

There's a reason why arc divider is trash damage in Spvp, Because even a monkey can avoid it

I am talking wvw, where cleave is of utmost importance and multi-hit skills have been shown to benefit warrior always, compared to single hit skills. 

Sure arcing slice is decent but it's not less avoidable than arc divider. 1 dodge is full mitigation altogether. The only reason they enrf arc divider is cause they hate warrior, not cause the skill was too strong. If anything given the animation, the triple strike variant should have the biggest damage possible.

All things in warrior can be avoided, arc divider or not. It's not the same case as it was with rupturing smash needing it's rework as a bigger earthshaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

Since when was the conversation about competitive modes? I'm talking about how the ability feels in PvE. And in PvE Arc Divider way outshines Arcing Slice. For example when the final boss of the Volcanic Fractal when he summons a whole bunch of little adds I can clear them all out by myself thanks to Arc Divider. And in Siren's Reef you're constantly being pressure being pressured by armies of ghost pirates, Arc Divider greatly helps keep their numbers manageable. Slothasaur the huge radius on Arc Divider lets you hit the constantly spawning slublings that are the killers of so many pug groups. And it open world metas being able to tag and damage huge groups of mobs leads to more loot and better rewards. Something being bad in competitive modes doesn't mean it's bad in PvE, quite the opposite as I've pointed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I am talking wvw, where cleave is of utmost importance and multi-hit skills have been shown to benefit warrior always, compared to single hit skills. 

Sure arcing slice is decent but it's not less avoidable than arc divider. 1 dodge is full mitigation altogether. The only reason they enrf arc divider is cause they hate warrior, not cause the skill was too strong. If anything given the animation, the triple strike variant should have the biggest damage possible.

All things in warrior can be avoided, arc divider or not. It's not the same case as it was with rupturing smash needing it's rework as a bigger earthshaker.

If in wvw, u have a trillion resistance and people to clear aegis for u, to not matter about blind and aegis.

Arc slice is so much better because u actually has to anticipate for the cast, it's so much harder to dodge arc slice than arc divider

If you actually play power spellbreaker you would know arc slice is years above arc divider now in pvp

Arc slice can actually counterpressure and baits.

arc divider on the other hand, you will never land more then 33% of the damage unless you are fighting golems

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

If in wvw, u have a trillion resistance and people to clear aegis for u, to not matter about blind and aegis.

Arc slice is so much better because u actually has to anticipate for the cast, it's so much harder to dodge arc slice than arc divider

If you actually play power spellbreaker you would know arc slice is years above arc divider now in pvp

Cause full counter enables it to be so.

Core warr has a tougher time, arcing slice or not for example.

Also for wvw, we examine builds in vacuum since their performance is directly linked with their available tools.

Not to mention how nice arc divider looks on 3 spins, would be a shame to lose that.

This change will just make EC berserker a copy of strength spb, very fun indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Wait, WvW Berserkers are running Eternal Champion? The builds on Metabattle still run Bloody Roar.

The zerg builds prefer bloody roar yes, but any other form of roamer/duelist (which may also exist in pvp therefore) goes Eternal Champion for obvious reasons. Case on point, smallscale berserker becomes strength spb with this change, literally, while largescale berserker loses cleave.

@HeliosMagi.9867

Just here is my Point why i acutually love this Change:

1.You don't need all 3 hits to critical Hit anymore

This is a hughe Change when it comes to PvP/WvW. Before you Most of the time lost Like 30-50% of the skills dmg thx to blinds/Aegis/weakness/Dodge/invuln. Now its Just hit and get the full dmg reward.

2. Faster Cast time

This also is a hughe win for Berserker in PvP as Well. Before every half brained person would maybe eat the First hit but would instantly react and Block, blind etc. you so u lost a hughe amount of dmg cause only 1 Strike would acutually Hit the enemy. Now it be like If you hit you Strikes the skills full dmg without any benefit.

Maybe the only reason i can see why it would be Bad is Just PvE instanced zerker cause your Rotation will not "flow" as good as before.

Tho when it comes to open world well there will be no real down great besides that it doesnt look that epic (one fat swing against 3 fat Swings the 3 one Always win right?) The dmg on the other hand will still be near the same

• Thanks 1

Damage changes for Arc Divider:

from: 2.112 coefficient w/ 1.86 cast time for a coefficient/second of 1.135

to: 1.82 coefficient w/ .8 cast time for a coefficient/second if 2.275

Not the be all, end all, and I know nothing about berserker. Just giving more numbers. Be in awe at the pinnacle of my math ability; DIVISION!

23 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@HeliosMagi.9867

Just here is my Point why i acutually love this Change:

1.You don't need all 3 hits to critical Hit anymore

This is a hughe Change when it comes to PvP/WvW. Before you Most of the time lost Like 30-50% of the skills dmg thx to blinds/Aegis/weakness/Dodge/invuln. Now its Just hit and get the full dmg reward.

2. Faster Cast time

This also is a hughe win for Berserker in PvP as Well. Before every half brained person would maybe eat the First hit but would instantly react and Block, blind etc. you so u lost a hughe amount of dmg cause only 1 Strike would acutually Hit the enemy. Now it be like If you hit you Strikes the skills full dmg without any benefit.

Maybe the only reason i can see why it would be Bad is Just PvE instanced zerker cause your Rotation will not "flow" as good as before.

Tho when it comes to open world well there will be no real down great besides that it doesnt look that epic (one fat swing against 3 fat Swings the 3 one Always win right?) The dmg on the other hand will still be near the same

I would be fine if the change to Arc Divider was for competitive modes only, but in PvE it's a massive downgrade because it loses it's entire niche as a trash mob obliterator.

21 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Damage changes for Arc Divider:

from: 2.112 coefficient w/ 1.86 cast time for a coefficient/second of 1.135

to: 1.82 coefficient w/ .8 cast time for a coefficient/second if 2.275

Not the be all, end all, and I know nothing about berserker. Just giving more numbers. Be in awe at the pinnacle of my math ability; DIVISION!

That's only for single-target DPS, and that was never the reason to use Arc Divider (that's Decapitate's job.) The reason you use Arc Divider is for the huge radius and multi-hit to obliterate hordes of weak enemies. The whole flow of Power Berserker, or at least how I play it, is camp Axes and spam Decapitate for single targets, and when add phases happen you swap to Greatsword and AoE them down with Arc Divider.