Warrior Balance Changes

DanAlcedo.3281

Warrior

With quickness being removed from banners, we wanted to introduce both a quickness and an alacrity build to warrior elite specializations and have done so for berserker and bladesworn, respectively. We'll be keeping an eye on how these builds perform relative to their counterparts and will make follow-up adjustments as needed. We've also tuned up rifle and off-hand dagger to make them more effective options.

Core

• Crack Shot: This trait no longer reduces the cooldown of rifle, longbow, and harpoon gun skills.
  • Fan of Fire: Reduced cooldown from 6 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Arcing Arrow: Reduced ammunition recharge time from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvE only.
  • Smoldering Arrow: Reduced ammunition recharge time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds in PvE only.
  • Pin Down: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE only.
  • Flurry: You can now move while channeling this skill. Reduced the overall number of hits and animation time. Increased bleeding duration per hit from 4 seconds to 6 seconds. Increased power coefficient per hit from 0.2222 to 0.33.
  • Fierce Shot: Increased power coefficient from 0.403 to 0.46 in PvP and WvW.
  • Volley: Reduced cooldown from 5 seconds to 1 second. Reduced ammunition recharge time from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvE only.
  • Explosive Shell: Reduced cooldown from 6 seconds to 1 second. Reduced ammunition recharge time from 15 seconds to 8 seconds. Increased power coefficient from 0.5 to 1.09 in PvP and WvW. Reduced cripple duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Brutal Shot: Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 1 second. This skill will now cause you to evade backward immediately and fire a shot at the end of the roll.
  • Berserker Stance: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP only.
  • Balanced Stance: Reduced cooldown from 50 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.
  • Soldier's Comfort: This trait now also grants protection.
  • Martial Cadence: This trait will now grant stability instead of quickness in PvE only.
  • Peak Performance: This trait no longer reduces the cooldown of physical skills.
  • Mending: Reduced cooldown from 20 seconds to 16 seconds in PvE only.
  • Bull's Charge: Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 24 seconds.
  • Kick: Reduced ammunition recharge to 20 seconds in all game modes.
  • Stomp: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 32 seconds in PvE and from 30 seconds to 24 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Throw Bolas: Reduced ammunition recharge from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.
  • Rampage: Reduced cooldown from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
  • Signet Mastery: This skill no longer reduces the cooldown of signet skills.
  • Signet of Fury: Reduced cooldown from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.
  • Signet of Might: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE only.
  • Signet of Stamina: Reduced cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Signet of Rage: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds in PvE only.
  • Vigorous Shouts: This trait no longer reduces the cooldown of shout skills.
  • "To the Limit!": Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 24 seconds.
  • "Fear Me!": Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 48 seconds.
  • "For Great Justice!": Reduced ammunition recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • "On My Mark!": Reduced ammunition recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • "Shake It Off!": Reduced ammunition recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE. Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 24 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Doubled Standards: This trait now grants resolution instead of quickness.

Berserker

• Flaming Flurry: Reduced the number of hits from 8 to 6. Reduced casting time. Increased power coefficient from 0.25 to 0.33. Increased burning duration from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Arc Divider: Reduced the number of strikes from 3 to 1. Reduced the casting time from 1.86 seconds to 0.8 seconds. Reduced total power coefficient from 5.1 to 2.5 in PvE and from 2.112 to 1.82 in PvP.
  • Blood Reaction: Increased the base precision-to-ferocity conversion to 10%. This trait now converts 10% of power to condition damage. These bonuses are still doubled in berserk mode.
  • Bloody Roar: Reduced the increased damage provided from 25 to 20% in PvE only.
  • Heat the Soul: This trait has been reworked. This trait will now grant boons to nearby allies when you strike an enemy with a burst skill.

Spellbreaker

• Winds of Disenchantment: Lowered the duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds in WvW only.
  • Break Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 4 in PvE only. Reduced the number of boons removed from 2 to 1 in WvW only.
  • Wastrel's Ruin: This skill now removes boons when striking an enemy.
  • Bladestorm: This skill now grants barrier when striking an enemy.

Bladesworn

• Daring Dragon: This trait has been reworked. Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level and consumes more flow per charge, but its damage per charge has been increased. Grant alacrity to nearby allies when you use Dragon Slash.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I feel pretty mid about the changes.

Basically, Condi Quickness Berserker exists now.

Thats pretty much it?  Lets see how much Boon Duration we need for 100 Uptime.

Dont care about Alac Bladesworn. Its bladesworn afterall.

Core Warrior is dead now for good without Quickness on Banners and Martial Cadence.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 4

At least CD reduction trait effects are now baked into skills by default...?

Also, on an unrelated note, only took them 6 years to finally appropriately address the crapshoot that was Mirage Cloak being usable while CC'd or immobilized thus allowed Mirages to dodge while affected by either of those things which was absurd. That was in the same boat as the Adrenal Health behavior with Full Counter needing to get addressed and it finally did.

• Like 1

What's up with the unecessary rework on Arc divider??????

who the kitten asked for that???

Bladestorm barrier sounds meh.

Wastrel's removing boons and still being a single target skill is mid.

CD reductions being made baseline is kinda decent for diversity I suppose.

Sure nerf Spellbreaker in WvW even more. Make it unplayable. 

My opinion on boonshare spam is to shove it.....you know.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Funny how they used the idea I had for stab share via Martial Cadence tho from like a year or more ago. Takes them a while to check stuff.

Stances not getting a CD redu in WvW is also weird like huh?

Flurry will still hit like a wet noodle even with 50% increase more or less in damage and movement added. I expect the animation to behave very clunky. 

So now you also get 2 condition related traits in the same berserker tier. Aha, this will definitely not lead to PvErs choosing the flat damage increase.

No arms rework, might as well say it doesnt exist.

So with all these CD redu traits having no CD redu, are we to expect some form of compensation? Maybe a bit stronger effects for skill types? And no, I don't mean Peak Performance, I mean, Signet Mastery etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Funny how they used the idea I had for stab share via Martial Cadence tho from like a year or more ago. Takes them a while to check stuff.

Stances not getting a CD redu in WvW is also weird like huh?

Flurry will still hit like a wet noodle even with 50% increase more or less in damage and movement added. I expect the animation to behave very clunky. 

So now you also get 2 condition related traits in the same berserker tier. Aha, this will definitely not lead to PvErs choosing the flat damage increase.

No arms rework, might as well say it doesnt exist.

So with all these CD redu traits having no CD redu, are we to expect some form of compensation? Maybe a bit stronger effects for skill types? And no, I don't mean Peak Performance, I mean, Signet Mastery etc.

You dont have 2 traits. Heat the soul used to be condi trait and it gets reworked. Power and condi are now combined.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

"berserker easy fix, just give 20% dmg to one trait and if they complain tell them they got the biggest damage increase from all professions" /s

Seems legit.

I find it funny that they used our idea to reapply quickness on burst usage. But instead of burst of aggression they put it in another trait.

Whats the point of burst of aggression now though.

• Like 3

I feel like everyone has come up with huge wishlists for Warrior for the past decade and they listened to none. Happy about some rifle buffs but where does that even synergize in a build? Woulda made it a support weapon that pairs with Banners.

Edited by Xperiment.6923
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Seems legit.

I find it funny that they used our idea to reapply quickness on burst usage. But instead of burst of aggression they put it in another trait.

Whats the point of burst of aggression now though.

What about resistance getting in Burst of aggression? 

and what about bloody roar?

are we seriously going to have a master trait offer 20% condi dmg increase in comp modes, while Gm tier, strike damage increase is still a 10%??????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Xperiment.6923 said:

I feel like everyone has come up with huge wishlists for Warrior for the past decade and they listened to none. Happy about some rifle buffs but where does that even synergize in a build? Woulda made it a support weapon that pairs with Banners.

Oh there are some big items in there that we've been asking for three years at least.

My overall take is that they need to rework Arms at this point and stop withholding with warrior support. Bladesworn is the wrong place for Alacrity, that should be put into Spellbreaker, on Slow Counter. Speaking of Spellbreaker, they need to stop nerfing it's boon hate in WvW. That's it's job. Let it do it's job. They should be increasing it's boon removal. Dagger5 for instance would be the better spot for removing boons on strike rather than on Dagger4.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

"Winds of Disenchantment: Lowered the duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds in WvW only.

Break Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 4 in PvE only. Reduced the number of boons removed from 2 to 1 in WvW only."

Baffled...... SB already is useless in zerg Vs zerg why even bother giving us boon removal at this point

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Napo.1230 said:

"Winds of Disenchantment: Lowered the duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds in WvW only.

Break Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 4 in PvE only. Reduced the number of boons removed from 2 to 1 in WvW only."

Baffled...... SB already is useless in zerg Vs zerg why even bother giving us boon removal at this point

uHM THATS THE PLAN MISTER, WE DONT LIKE HOW SPELLBREAKER REMOVES BOONS AS ITS MECHANIC, WE AIM FOR IT TO SHARE BOONS 

caps, noticed too late

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Arc Divider: Reduced the number of strikes from 3 to 1. Reduced the casting time from 1.86 seconds to 0.8 seconds. Reduced total power coefficient from 5.1 to 2.5 in PvE and from 2.112 to 1.82 in PvP.

Why are you ruining the part of Berserker that brings me the most fun? The whole reason I main Berserker in open world is mowing down hordes of mobs with Arc Divider, and you're making it worse at its main job.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Napo.1230 said:

SpellBreaker

does not cast spells either so i dont even know what its supposed to be doing now

All moderate changes in moderate volume. Not bad. I can speak on Berserker Arc Divider change since I play it rarely.

Winds of Disenchantment should go back to stripping and preventing new boons at 100% if they are going to keep cutting down its duration. Hell, just make it a massive aoe thats dodgeable, strips all boons from 10 targets, and prevents boon application for the next 4 seconds instead. I swear part of the reason Zergs don’t push into WOD is because it looks scary (bubbles bad.), and no needing it will change that. 

Edited by oscuro.9720

I don't know why people complain... Anet, has never changed his future patch after reading reviews.

Anet, makes his way and looks behind him at the end to see the inert bodies of players crushed by the changes.

That's when he'll fix the problem by changing something else that has nothing to do with the first change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Oh there are some big items in there that we've been asking for for three years at least.

My overall take is that they need to rework Arms at this point and stop withholding with warrior support. Bladesworn is the wrong place for Alacrity, that should be put into Spellbreaker, on Slow Counter. Speaking of Spellbreaker, they need to stop nerfing it's boon hate in WvW. That's it's job. Let it do it's job. They should be increasing it's boon removal. Dagger5 for instance would be the better spot for removing boons on strike rather than on Dagger4.

I think their idea on it is that they want to limit the amount of boon strip/boon corrupt because they don't want players to feel like a cooldown they used to get boons was then wasted because all the boons got stripped/corrupted.

Which, to me, is silly and they are just making the game more and more entirely centered around boons and that is precisely where Warrior is lacking the most just across the board in competitive modes. Where is our Stability? Protection? Regeneration? Resolution? Resistance? Many other classes have multiple sources of these things, Warrior gets one or two barely.

Also not liking the indirect nerf to Mending with Peak Performance no longer reducing CDs and them only applying the baked in CD reduction to PvE and not PvP or WvW. So thats another source of Warriors sustain getting neutered for literally no reason. Core (and Spellbreaker) uses Mending with Peak Performance because even if running Tactics or Defense they need the low CD cleanse and healing, so this will just further force Shake It Off into builds and our list of utilities gets smaller and smaller.

Also lovely how they take the root off of Flurry but not Hundred Blades. Why just Flurry? Why not do both? Are they testing the waters with it and will do Hundred Blades at a later time? Why do we have to wait probably 6 months for it if that is the case?

I wasn't expecting anything from this patch for Warrior, but what is there just seems a little silly to me outside of the baked in CD reduction changes give or take a few other things.

• Like 1