June 27th Revenant Balance Preview

Jaykay.9641

22 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

So what are you going to run then?

For power Vindicator, Invocation and Salvation, at any game mode, including WvW roaming and PvP.

For hybrid Vindicator, Corruption and Salvation, but only at PvE. Is the strongest solo build, albeit I enjoy power more.

Hybrid Renegade with Corruption and Salvation (PvE, solo and groups) but Invocation and Salvation (WvW roaming). At PvP the same traitlines but with power (zerk) stats.

So, very little variation: with condition/hybrid builds Corruption sometimes replaces Invocation in some game modes (PvE). At WvW/PvP is just power stats with both Invocation and Salvation. The same happens if I chose to run a power Vindi in PvE. Retribution and Devastation are as meme as hammer and the shield: I don't have a clue of what they are supose to do or serve to, and Anet neither...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/19/2023 at 6:46 PM, Buran.3796 said:

For power Vindicator, Invocation and Salvation, at any game mode, including WvW roaming and PvP.

For hybrid Vindicator, Corruption and Salvation, but only at PvE. Is the strongest solo build, albeit I enjoy power more.

Hybrid Renegade with Corruption and Salvation (PvE, solo and groups) but Invocation and Salvation (WvW roaming). At PvP the same traitlines but with power (zerk) stats.

So, very little variation: with condition/hybrid builds Corruption sometimes replaces Invocation in some game modes (PvE). At WvW/PvP is just power stats with both Invocation and Salvation. The same happens if I chose to run a power Vindi in PvE. Retribution and Devastation are as meme as hammer and the shield: I don't have a clue of what they are supose to do or serve to, and Anet neither...  

I run hybrid stats with a heavy emphasis on power and healing power with devastation, salvation, and either renegade or vindicator. I’ll have to look into maybe using invocation again.  I’d run corruption but I use double swords and their power based.  This is for WvW.

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682
  • Thanks 1

A smarter solution would have been to grant Quickness based on energy spent, whether upkeep or instant use.

Akin to the old D2 Frenzy Barb right? Using attack skills or Utility skills make you go faster pew pew lol.

So whether you're laying down a Jalis Road, pulsing Torment in Mallyx, or both upkeeping a Facet AND consuming it, you're generating Quickness.

A Revenant player's Quickness generation would then be somewhat player skill based, in that someone optimizing active skill use with upkeep skills could output a lot of Quickness, whereas someone autoattacking in Shiro with IO active would output only minor amounts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Okay, so earlier on this thread I addressed how bad and problematic the herald changes were looking, and I'm totally right. Please revert this, please? ... There is no reactivity at all and quickhealherald is borderline dead because you are forced in ventari or you need to massively overcap on concentration for no reason (and on top of that use the bubble for no reason which is weird af) ... This change makes no sense and doesn't help herald in any way imo ... You can basically only auto attack or if you overcap you deal about 5k damage more than a healer ...

Edited by Ekko.9854
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Was never a fan of spamming Facets to get quickness but Jesus on a roller beetle, the implementation of this quickness change is horrible, 110% horrible, beyond clunky. The 3 second interval just does not work with application of quickness in this instance.

Revenant as a class needs to have its design nailed down in a lot of cases given it has very few weapon sets and no swappable skills.

Thought these patches were supposed to improve class gameplay. Herald is now a 6 upkeep auto attack spamming quickness bot. Will not be pre-ordering any future content.

2-3 other ways this could have been done 100x better. Will not hold my breath for any changes, I'll check back in 3 months.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Not saying I agree, but I thought these changes were for the people who wanted to just toggle on all their buffs in Herald and chill while building free Quickness? You can do that and just auto attack but its boring, but im sure some people wanted it. 

• Sad 1

How is the 10% crit (only for herald) from new draconic echo supposed to help us dps more if we already have 95 to 100 crit chance even in Diviner gear?

Do I have to have the set of gear without precision for pure no quick dps spec (such a brilliant idea! but wait... which one? do we have a 92% in full dragon, right?) that I'll be asked to switch more often with all these new quickness providers?

If I'm correct, all the additional sources of crits have been consistently removed - for the purpose of not causing a mess. And now we got it.

Edited by Allegra.9380
  • Confused 1

2 SECONDS.

Is the base duration  of the Resistance boon provided by Aggressive Evasion in all game modes (PvE, WvW and PvP). As I guessed, falls in the short end of the chances (1-2 seconds). You could argue that a mele Vindicator with Shiro + Alliances can have access up to 7 movement skills and up to 3 stunbreaks (plus cleanses) to prevent the rooting, but in my book the change is a nerf. All those tools cost energy (a lot of it) and you won't be able to use more than 1-2 in a row.

The positive thing is that you get the boon each time you use a movement skill (so the proc can prevent incoming incoming effects from 8 non damaging conditions... for two seconds). But the bad thing is that in WvW builds that deploy their gameplay around things as immobilized, chilled or fear last for a lot more than that. So, while the previous Agressive Evassion wasn't a jack of all trades as is now, at least was a master vs immovbilized, which countered entirely. 

So for me the choice is clear: Salvation > Devastation for anything related to WvW/PvP (at PvP sigils do the work at 0 cost, also). And I doubt at PvE AA would be a choice for Devastation enjoyers. So, great job making a mediocre traitline even worse. Fortunately, there's better choices.

• Thanks 1

My take about power herald right now:

i believe, currently what is missing is condi sustain on shiro/herald builds. condi has always been a harder thing for power herald to deal with in PVP. over the years it has been managable cause of glint heal, and since glint heal nerf, it has been even harder to play herald even for people who spammed it for years in AT and ranked.

damage is currently fine, it's not too much and not too little, but the sustain is too bad in this current meta with condi full signet cata build & also other condi spam builds like specter, etc. and it's not cause of skill differences i've played herald as one trick for years now, so it's definetly not a skill issue. also genuine question, when are we actually gonna get a insta CC like other classes? revert staff 5 and give us a little bit better sustain, primarily condi sustain. i will happily trade less dps for a bit better condi sustain.

also, the reworked aggressive agility trait was a good rework, you can finally chase down cata FA without being blinded everytime u use deathstrike into them.

Edited by GlowingMoth.1063
  • Confused 1