BOONRIP is a problem!!!! BoonBall needs BUFF!

Kayowin.9217

Pretty much yea. More boons, less boon strip/corruption. And don't forget buffs to willbender and harbinger with free cd reduction. Meanwhile skills like frost trap or guard! are getting nerfed, too op apparently ...

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

No, boons are the problem, only way they aren't the problem is if you need them to play well and survive. Boons should be a boost to playstyle a buff for a temporary time. This involves thinking and timing. Perma boon playstyle is not playing good it's just easy mode without worry to die. No challenge. They need to buff boon removal and take off the PVE training wheels and stop trying to make it like boss rush from lord to lord. 

Edited by Crazy.6029
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 12

It is clear from the patch notes that yet again no one from the balance team has been anywhere near the WvW forums or played a moment in the game mode. More nerfs to boon strips, more boon spam and no changes to celestial. Anet are on a war path to make this game as easy, spammy and unengaging as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, connor.2180 said:

It is clear from the patch notes that yet again no one from the balance team has been anywhere near the WvW forums or played a moment in the game mode.

Oh some of them actually play WvW - in the middle of a boon ball/blob usually.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Personally I'm gonna remove all boon strips from my builds. Guilds and groups want boon strips, well bring your own. You all want boon spam, you get what you kitten deserve with those changes. I'll still get a good laugh when you all die in one push anyways to bigger better boon spam guilds. 🤷‍♂️🍿

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shib.1369 said:

Embrace the boonball

Its certainly the Anet gameplay model isnt it.. you just cant ever find a way to convince them that maybe JUST MAYBE its problematic because of how much of a force multiplier it is.

Fine when you have 2 groups of boonballers, each jostling for hours and hours to get that single kill from a careless positioning mistake!

Less so when you have a boonballer group who are essentially unkillable vs a group of less aware / new players.

What do the devs think the new players take away from that sort of experience?

Edited by Sandzibar.5134
spellings
  • Thanks 11

Why do people play a game where the devs have no interest in creating counters to all skills and situations?

Monk boonballs existed in the first Guild Wars but there were easily countered with some mesmer and necro skills.. The only place I saw it become a problem was in Random Arenas where you mostly can not pick your teammates. I remember going against a monk boonball in randoms as a Conjure Frost Axe Warrior/Elementalist and had to quit because I could not damage them and they could not damage me. If I was on a necro or mesmer things might have went differently.

Either the current Arenanet Devs do not know how to create a balance PvP system with counters to all skills like the previous devs did in first Guild Wars or they do not care to make it balanced.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, misfired.8403 said:

Either the current Arenanet Devs do not know how to create a balance PvP system with counters to all skills like the previous devs did in first Guild Wars or they do not care to make it balanced.

I mean just look at stealth in this game since launch.  It's fairly obvious they don't give a thought to counter play, or how much it is fun it is for both sides to fight certain classes.

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Daggerstorm getting boon rip per hit would’ve made more sense imo. That’s what, 5 boons off 5 targets in a cone aoe that is clearly telegraphed and melee?

Any one else?

Ive been saying that same kitten bro ON GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
And just make Wastrel's hit 3 mfers.

Boom, Dagger OH actually decent.

• Like 1