Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Stop linking everything to burst


felix.2386

Recommended Posts

Like seriously, its just bad, warrior need another f skill that does not require u to hit targets.

Stab on burst. Burst is main damage, you spam all the time, stab just get wasted. And it's not moment to moment gameplay, it's just spam gameplay, damage skills are spammed.

And you can only apply quickness and alac if you hit the enemy?

…if you want anything else other then dps build to be viable, you need to separate these things from main damage ability.

All of the good builds have support only for support, apart from their main damage skills.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

Like seriously, its just bad, warrior need another f skill that does not require u to hit targets.

Stab on burst. Burst is main damage, you spam all the time, stab just get wasted. And it's not moment to moment gameplay, it's just spam gameplay, damage skills are spammed.

And you can only apply quickness and alac if you hit the enemy?

…if you want anything else other then dps build to be viable, you need to separate these things from main damage ability.

All of the good builds have support only for support, apart from their main damage skills.

This is why I think they need to do a hard rework on Adrenaline as a mechanic and tether boon procs to each level of Adrenaline you gain until you expend a burst skill, and tailor Specializations like Tactics to be able to share those boons (and even make them provide additional ones depending on what traits you select) to allies.

Literally incentivizes both generating and spending Adrenaline so you can upkeep your boons properly as opposed to the coin toss it is to land burst hits these days since everything is running around with multiple ways of inflicting/applying Blinds, Blocks, Invulns, Evades on skills and Dodges.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

Like seriously, its just bad, warrior need another f skill that does not require u to hit targets.

Stab on burst. Burst is main damage, you spam all the time, stab just get wasted. And it's not moment to moment gameplay, it's just spam gameplay, damage skills are spammed.

And you can only apply quickness and alac if you hit the enemy?

…if you want anything else other then dps build to be viable, you need to separate these things from main damage ability.

All of the good builds have support only for support, apart from their main damage skills.

So, OP. I'll refer you to a post I made on this thread.

Warrior lives and dies by the burst mechanic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So, OP. I'll refer you to a post I made on this thread.

Warrior lives and dies by the burst mechanic.

Thief mains would likely contest the initial premise of that thread title, and they wouldn't exactly be wrong, however they may likely forget that Thief has literally the best mobility in the game, so much so that Willbender is the only thing that actually comes anywhere close to it and it still can't compare to it equally. On top of that they have a large amount of stealth embedded into their class and stealth is by far one of the strongest tools in the game both offensively and defensively; evident by how it has routinely shaped how Zergs engage/disengage in WvW and how many classes who can get access to it often will use it and benefit quite a bit from it (DH comes to mind). How they forget this fact I don't know, but it does seem to happen.

Warrior has neither of those things, our mobility isn't terrible but it isn't great either. Its middle of the road at this point now and for a melee class that relies so much on landing its burst skills to be able to do much of anything thats kind of a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the change to have quickness on berserker bursts. However it would probably result in greater build diversity for quickness builds since you could probably play quickness with condi or power.

I don't think Arc Divider needed to be sacrificed just to achieve their target however.

Edited by Infusion.7149
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instead of adding another F skill, I think Anet should consider utilizing our existing mechanics instead of leaving them unutilized.

I don’t mind a lot of things being tied to bursts. It’s good design imo, and we can disagree on that. But the logical and necessary “other side of the coin” is benefits from gaining adrenaline. This is completely absent from our class despite being literally half of our class’ mechanic. 

For quickness on berserker specifically, I like it on burst. For alacrity on Bladesworn I’m more skeptical.

Just my opinion though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Instead of adding another F skill, I think Anet should consider utilizing our existing mechanics instead of leaving them unutilized.

I don’t mind a lot of things being tied to bursts. It’s good design imo, and we can disagree on that. But the logical and necessary “other side of the coin” is benefits from gaining adrenaline. This is completely absent from our class despite being literally half of our class’ mechanic. 

For quickness on berserker specifically, I like it on burst. For alacrity on Bladesworn I’m more skeptical.

Just my opinion though. 

Precisely, and the current way the class mechanic works doesn't work well in GW2 today in competitive modes. It needs to be modernized because it hasn't stood the test of time whereas many other profession mechanics have.

If they insist on this direction of just boons, boons, boons and more boons then Warrior's class mechanic needs to be updated to reflect that. Any above average competent player has more tools than they need to negate Warrior even being able to utilize the effects of their class mechanic in relation to their traits. Other classes do not have this issue...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...