Dye channels for weapons please (even for gemstore-only weapons is ok)!

Many of the gemstore weapon skins are great-looking, especially the new exo theme ones, but their color theme may not suit everyone's taste. I believe by giving dye channels to weapons (even if just gemstore weapons), it will generate a huge plus to the revenue of selling these.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

It's been discussed to the point of exhaustion, and they have said no it is too much work at this point.  Would I love to see it, yes.  Will it happen, nope.  And fortunately there are so many choices that you're bound to find one that will work for your aesthetic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Please don't get me wrong. I am ok with not paying for the gemstore weapons whose color theme puts me off. What I suggest is simply a way for them to make more money from the weapon skins that they have work hard to design and create. Whether it is much coding, meshing, texturing, they can be assured that their work pays off (by a lot, compared to putting out a skin with a single color theme).

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, FrancisN.9276 said:

Please don't get me wrong. I am ok with not paying for the gemstore weapons whose color theme puts me off. What I suggest is simply a way for them to make more money from the weapon skins that they have work hard to design and create. Whether it is much coding, meshing, texturing, they can be assured that their work pays off (by a lot, compared to putting out a skin with a single color theme).

It’s not that simple. The decision to make weapons dyeable or not was one that needed taking during development. They chose not to. To do so now, would not only create massive extra coding they simply have no resources for, but given it’s legacy code, would introduce tons of bugs and - in their words - a “non trivial patch”

This isn’t a new request. It has been asked a huge number of times as another poster said above. The door has been shut firmly on it so far and that’s because of a barrier that so far seems insurmountable. The recoup costs from the gemstore appear to not be enough to outweigh the obstacles.

They could do what the did with backpacks and make future ones with a dye channel and not backdate. Whether that is doable I don’t know.

Id be happy to see it to as it’s such a popular qol request, but I don’t envision it ever happening based on their previous comments

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They could do what the did with backpacks and make future ones with a dye channel and not backdate. Whether that is doable I don’t know.

I think that is all that OP was really asking for.

It's been quite a long time since we've seen this first for backpacks so it's actually kind of weird this is still not a thing for new gemstore weapons, especially considering that backs can be hidden but weapons cannot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just as my title used to says but now it's merged into this post FORCEABLLY!.

I know not a single game that has dye for weapons....wait, there is one; BDO but no other game. GW2 have so many nice skins and weapons and just been able to dye a weapon could change the whole game's fashion! That one greatsword that looks really sick! but we have to dye our gear to match the weapon which someone could look underwhelming but if we could dye weapons tooo... imagine all those awasome set we could make to make our character look very cool!

Edited by August.5934
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

While I like this idea as I would dye all my weapons pink and baby blue (go team cute rat!), I do not think they will add this feature. Nor do I think it's a good idea to do so even if I want it. There are many different skins that look the same with different colors as well. What would happen to these skins if they add this? Like sab weapons and the different flamesaw greatswords. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Just as my title used to says but now it's merged into this post FORCEABLLY!.

I know not a single game that has dye for weapons....wait, there is one; BDO but no other game. GW2 have so many nice skins and weapons and just been able to dye a weapon could change the whole game's fashion! That one greatsword that looks really sick! but we have to dye our gear to match the weapon which someone could look underwhelming but if we could dye weapons tooo... imagine all those awasome set we could make to make our character look very cool!

Guild wars had has it

Edited by Randulf.7614
Had to has
  • Like 3