Probably stupid beta question

Napo.1230

Never bothered with a guild as my server was enough but in Anets eyes to improve the game im put with strangers who have never played wvw and who will likely never come back.

i honestly don't understand the point of any of the betas, it's impossible to make things even when you put guildless raiders Vs organised guilds of platinum players.

anyway rant over...

Is it too late to join a guild and play with my old server? If not for this week maybe the next? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

The guilds on your server, the ones you see constantly, the ones that are active, the one who responded when you scout call, the players you interact with in WvW, those are your people, talk to them, ask if they have a "server guild" you can join. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I was placed with a bunch of noobs (who literally have no idea how to WvW) and small guilds (mostly weak ppt guilds, by the way) again. This time we're facing RAWR/KOIN, and of course, those glorified ppters decided to double team us because why fight a team with numbers when you can pretend to be good fighting the team with a perma-outnumbered buff (well, except when our only fighting guild is on, then no sight of them anywhere)?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The people playing WvW this week is the same people that played WvW last week - the only difference is that the team creation pool is all the players. If you cant see any player or guild you recognise on your side or the enemy side well then you didnt really know many people to begin with.

Its done after next week anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also: if you were actually invested into your "teammates from your server", you surely would have organized with them together to stick with them for the beta, right? right? You would also be part of the community-platforms like discord for example for exchange, where all the announcements ANet made about the betas so far got forwarded to the community. right? 

So, at this moment (since the betas still lack core-features like actual alliances), did you actually care enough about your so-called "friends" from your server, that you started organizing with them in order to play the beta together?

• if yes: congratulations. You can call yourself a, at least on a fundamental level, player that cares about its team and their allies, and did all the preparation to become a team for the beta
  • if no: well, you didn´t seem to care at all, because if you WOULD have cared, you would have reached out to the other players/community/guilds to organize a "dummy-alliance" with them

5 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Perhaps they believe that unrelenting frustration on the part of small groups or non-dedicated roamer solos will drive them to seek a large group to be part of.

why does it have to be "frustration"? small groups or solo roamers can always reach out to guilds, and i do see the possibility that guilds actually may organize a "roaming sub-section" within their guild. Those, at least so far, probably are rare, because it´s not necessary or doesn´t have any advantage. But you know: most of the guilds do not only play at their raiding times. 

Taking the guild i am in as an example: Yes, we raid 2 times a week. But we also spontaneously start roaming whenever we see fit and/or someone wants to. I can totally see us "founding" a sub-section within our guild to pick up players that are usually roaming, but don´t want to do raids on a ~20-25 player-scale. Ofc this is purely hypothetical, but not unrealistic at all. 

The only thing is, that so far, this is not necessary, so it probably doesn´t exist within most guilds (yet)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1