ANET Could you retract on Tool Kit nerfs for PvP/WvW?

AlPower.2476

You guys are again throwing random nerfs .

Literally tool kit is one of the best options for non-grenadiers Scrappers. But overall, they are a very good option for core engineers; especially condition, since double pistol doesn't have any other low cd defensive option (Elixir S was killed several years ago).. Any of the other "buffs" are not going to compensate Tool Kit users; a skill that wasn't even broken. 

You guys, are literally killing the entire tool kit again. Please, this time listen your playerbase. PvP has turned into wait for balance patches with hope and then disappointment after reading them.

Give the same  CD to PvP Tool Kit than PvE one; don't kill core engi morei. You all know that this nerf is so random and you're not fixing anything with it. You have tons of broken builds in game right now; don't destroy weak ones, please.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

As I said in the other thread, this patch is  essentially a MASSIVE buff to elite specs while spitting on core. 

The entire point of the traitlines is that you cant fit in everything at once, which makes the grandmaster cd reduction traits one of the strongest - if not the only - incentive to pick core because you can fit one more of them and technically make something that at least have an advantage over elites in some small way.

Unless there is some kind of secret buff not mentioned that is unique to core if you pick the old cd traits, I dont see why anyone would ever pick core again unless it's a fetish.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I double this. This skill is only used in one variant of tools Holo, which I'm not sure, if its considered meta at the moment. Apart from that, it is as essential defensive tool for almost all of my power Core Engineer build, because of Gear Shield. In the current meta, there is no other way to survive any decent enemy jumping on you, outside of slotting in Shield. But slot in shield on a power core build, and tell me how it went...
So this nerf feels uncalled for. It feels like they just glanced on the skills, and decided, that having an unblockable CC on 20 seconds is broken, ignoring the fact, that 1,25 sec cast time means, that using this mid combat is a suicidal decision. Or having a block on 16 is too broken, which I would agree with, on any other profession. But Core Engineer is painfully bottom tier, even with it.

• Thanks 7

On 6/11/2023 at 3:10 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Unless there is some kind of secret buff not mentioned that is unique to core if you pick the old cd traits, I dont see why anyone would ever pick core again unless it's a fetish.

There really wasn't any reason outside nostalgia to run core even before this proposed change. If they counted the F5 abilities for the core elites (med pack drop/toss elixir x/orbital strike) toward the Power Wrench trait, it might be worth checking out since the elite specs don't have access to them.

I'm just looking forward to seeing another trait whose name has nothing to do with its effect (Takedown Round).

For better or worse, engineer has grenade kit. and as long as grenade kit is what it is, the class will be considered in a "good place". 

I first didn't know that this was about. But when I noticed - with all the CD reduction stuff (pretty long list - otherwise boring changes except the mech trait change) that they also removed all the CD reduction from the traits ...  I was a bit shocked.

Works for PvE with them incorporatig the reduction into the normal base CD of the skill. (Making the trait less interesting on the other hand.) For some traits where the reduction only happens for PvE ... annoying though. I think they did something similar to shield.

I used to lieke to play core with rifle + toolkit (for the shield there) in PvP and shield as offhand in PvE. Reducing the CD on elite on dodge ... buffing that for PvP/WvW - does not seem too interesting.  Elite are not meant to be spammed anyways.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 4:10 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

As I said in the other thread, this patch is  essentially a MASSIVE buff to elite specs while spitting on core. 

The entire point of the traitlines is that you cant fit in everything at once, which makes the grandmaster cd reduction traits one of the strongest - if not the only - incentive to pick core because you can fit one more of them and technically make something that at least have an advantage over elites in some small way.

P2W?

• Haha 1