Random Disconnects

Is there any way to stop the game from just randomly disconnecting, sending me back to the character select screen (usually) or even causing a black screen or shutting down entirely (rarely)? I will attach a crash log if that'll help.

• Sad 1

Thing is, those disconnects don't always happen during story-based content. Sometimes they just happen out of the blue. For example, I was attempting a wing 7 raid last night with my guild, and I kept getting disconnected over and over. You can't blame that on storyline-based issues. Nor can it be blamed on ArcDPS, which I did not have installed at the time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Also of note: the game's been repeatedly crashing when I'm trying to explore Southsun Cove. Apparently the game doesn't like that I can wipe out so many enemies so quickly (it spawned like 40 crazed enemies that then get completely wiped; apparently a single player "isn't supposed to be able to do this").

I shouldn't even have to send crash logs, as this shouldn't even be happening.

• Sad 1

I don't even know how to send crash logs. There is no "send attachment" option in posts. What I meant by my previous post is that this sort of thing shouldn't still be happening despite numerous players sending in support tickets, and the nearly universal statement that "ArenaNet has not responded" or "ArenaNet hasn't done anything to fix the problem".

It is quite apparent that ArenaNet doesn't care, despite the by now THOUSANDS of such reports. I can offer the following error code, if it'll help anything:

7:11:3:101:202

Edited by Midna.5178
  • Sad 1

No need to 'send attachment'; you merely copy the report and paste it in your post.

ArenaNet replies to every CS Ticket; if one does not get a reply, they should check their spam/junk folders and/or whitelist ArenaNet addresses.  In-game 'Bug Reports' will not garner a response, as indicated on the 'Bug Report' window.

From the Knowledge Base:  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015782307-Error-Code-7