Crashing to desktop in Echovald Wilds

I teleported to a waypoint I've had already in echovald, and I've crashed to desktop 3 times just trying to go anywhere?

on the third crash, it didn't even load the map- I can't even teleport away

Notably, I've been having major lag and GPU hogging issues with guild wars, even on lower qualities, including other crashes at complete random

What on earth has happened? I've never experienced this with guild wars previously

4 minutes ago, Nenagirl.9302 said:

I teleported to a waypoint I've had already in echovald, and I've crashed to desktop 3 times just trying to go anywhere?

on the third crash, it didn't even load the map- I can't even teleport away

Notably, I've been having major lag and GPU hogging issues with guild wars, even on lower qualities, including other crashes at complete random

What on earth has happened? I've never experienced this with guild wars previously

Between the DX11 changes and Windows security updates, this year has been rough.

What is the crash message?

Do the usual things: update graphics drivers, update windows and other drivers, disable third-party apps.

Edited by Chaba.5410

8 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Between the DX11 changes and Windows security updates, this year has been rough.

What is the crash message?

Do the usual things: update graphics drivers, update windows and other drivers, disable third-party apps.

No crash message, just booted straight to desktop. I haven't played for a bit and started hopping on recently so its been out of left field for me. Crash.dmp says a breakpoint was encountered. I tried repairing GW2, but the repair tool started not responding....

drivers are up to date, as well as windows 10. Had an issue with something else using the wrong graphics card recently, so usual suspects have already been checked. only things i've had open were discord spotify and firefox, and closing them previously hasn't affected any of my issues. I do use taco, but I run into these issues even if I haven't started running it.