Please make an alliance Info available at least 1h before alliance relink reset

Since a while World-Linking is available before reset, with the great advantage that the world are able too plan the reset a bit especially who leads on which map.

Problem: With Alliance this problem of reset-organization is even harder as there is no wvw-guild as strong as the main-server in a link. At worst all large guilds queue on the same map, and commanders are stuck somewhere in the queue, resulting in a quite disorganized team.

I think iit would be very helpful if the following could be made available in the last tab (where currently only your alliance assignment is shown) of the WvW-Dialog:

A list of all WvW-Guilds linked together, and for each guild:

• Name and shortcut
  • leader or specially marked contact (to be added to the guild)
  • relative strength within the alliance, i.e. if you link by www-playing hour, of the guilds this could show guilds-www-playing hours divided by total team-www-playing hours
  • An Alliance Message (to be added to the guild),e.g. to announce their ts/discord info and a schedule of public leads provided by the guild
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 2

• Dayra.7405 changed the title to Please make an alliance Info available at least 1h before alliance relink reset

An alliance will most likely have a separate chat (same as guild, wouldnt even surprise me if we get the same MoTD setup) and that alone would end this problem argument.

Guilds can talk to each other and organize themselves. The entire point of Anet even giving us the alliance feature on top of world restructuring is to organize, if they are quite disorganized it is not a problem solved by programming...

So it would be just as easy or hard as normal WvW resets. The only difference is that now people use team chat just before reset to ask for coms on which borders. Full link resets is complete chaos anyway.

Discord coordination whether it be full community, alliance or guild has always been a bonus feature that's "ruining their gamemode", technically speaking 😛

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

An alliance will most likely have a separate chat (same as guild, wouldnt even surprise me if we get the same MoTD setup) and that alone would end this problem argument.

I don't see how an Alliance chat helps to improve communication between the alliances and (allianceless) guilds and guildless player that are linked together into a team.

If I take the sofar infos: a team should be up to around 2500 ppl, and consit of up to 3 alliance each having at most 500 ppl, then the largest organized group in a team is an alliance, and each has less than 20% of total team strength, that's much less than a todays main-server, which has 50+% of the manpower in a team.

Guilds can talk to each other and organize themselves.

Of course, but to know that they will be in the same team, before a relink-reset they need the info I propose here.

So it would be just as easy or hard as normal WvW resets.

For normal relink-resets we have that relink info now in the forum some hours before reset. For for Alliance-Relinks we have 0 info ahead of reset.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dayra.7405 said:

I don't see how an Alliance chat helps to improve communication between the alliances and (allianceless) guilds and guildless player that are linked together into a team.

Alliance chat would be within the alliance so I have no idea how it would improve communication between that alliance, guilds outside the alliance and random players. 

For the global team communication you got team chat. 

How do you think guilds, other guilds and random players communicate today?

Of course, but to know that they will be in the same team, before a relink-reset they need the info I propose here.

Why do they need that info? How many do you think even looks at the forum before a relink and what would they even do with that information in terms of organisation?

For for Alliance-Relinks we have 0 info ahead of reset.

Which we dont actually know anything about. But if Anet says which alliances go where, then guilds will probably demand it too since it's the same cap so it's not any smaller part of the team. And if alliances and guilds get the heads up, why shouldnt guildless players? Otherwise it'd be unfair. 

I look forward to seeing the pre-shuffle post by Anet listing every single player in WvW and what team they end up on.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why do they need that info? How many do you think even looks at the forum before a relink and what would they even do with that information in terms of organisation?

Our server has a reset meeting 30min before reset and assigns public commander to maps, we also contact our minor link and ask them, if they want to make a public lead and if yes on which map.

Simply to avoid the chance that all choose the same map and only get stuck in queue.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1

Our server has a reset meeting 30min before reset and assigns public commander to maps, we also contact our minor link and ask them, if they want to make a public lead and if yes on which map.

Simply to avoid the chance that all choose the same map and only get stuck in queue.

And under world restructure, it would be very much the same. 

First week always being complete chaos like normal WvW relink reset, second week and onward people on the team would know which alliances/guilds is there so they can talk to them 30m before reset or inquire in team chat on who will go where. 

It aint harder than that. You're never going to avoid getting stuck in queue. 

Remember when we used to have 100+ man queues on all borders and no discord communities?

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

To avoid this chaos (or give people a chance to reduce it) is the reason of my proposal

Point is you cant even avoid the first reset chaos with 2 monolithic worlds and well established communities with an Anet heads up.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

25 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Point is you cant even avoid the first reset chaos with 2 monolithic worlds and well established communities with an Anet heads up.

You cannot? We most often do.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1