Advanced Skimmer Course: inconsistent launch [Merged]

I do Lion's Arch's Advanced Skimmer Course (ASC) almost daily. Since one of your recent (<1 month?) patches, it has stopped working consistently. Here is how it used to go:

1. Talk to Sibaha to bring up the interactive menu.
  2. (Optional) Mount up on your own skimmer if you so wished.
  3. Select "I'd like to try the course again." to bring the ASC window.
  4. Click 'Play'.

Now mounting up (step 2) almost systematically causes issues. Usually it makes the ASC window disappear within a second. That ASC window often disappears as quickly even without mounting your own skimmer. The whole thing appears to be sensitive on exactly where you stand when your talk to Sibaha. It used not to be sensitive at all, except maybe you had to do so from a place where there was enough space to legitimately mount up.

• Like 1

As the title says, it seems to be still bugged.

I am left only with the last step of the achievement, but can't finish it because the window that opens for the adventure immediately closes and I can't start it.

Saw other posts that mention the bug was fixed, but it is definitely not working for me.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Advanced Skimmer Course: inconsistent launch [Merged]

Also need this for the last step of the achievement and very frustrated after all the hard work I put in to get all the previous steps completed.   Submitting report to support yielded no help or solution.  Hopefully someone is working on the fix.   Color me disappointed.  I'll try again in a couple weeks.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:20 AM, Ethan.6120 said:

To all of those above who are having the issue (violyns.7163, Aku Punksha.4895, Ethan.6120, Rache.3074 and Baba Yaga.8270), I can offer you the following tip:

Face north, with Sibaha at your right. You should be close enough to interact, but not so close that you cannot mount. Be swift between the moment you click "I'd like to try the course again." and "Play". Good luck.

It never was that clunky before, but it is still possible to run the course. I hope ArenaNet gets around fixing it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, Harfang.1507 said:

To all of those above who are having the issue (violyns.7163, Aku Punksha.4895, Ethan.6120, Rache.3074 and Baba Yaga.8270), I can offer you the following tip:

Face north, with Sibaha at your right. You should be close enough to interact, but not so close that you cannot mount. Be swift between the moment you click "I'd like to try the course again." and "Play". Good luck.

It never was that clunky before, but it is still possible to run the course. I hope ArenaNet gets around fixing it up.

Thank you for this. Standing in the water worked perfectly.