Epic status for CORE

xellink.7568

I think core players should get +50 to all stats just for playing full core. Just treat it as vanilla flavour and being rewarded for it.

Like how you get epic classes for DND if you stick to one class instead of pursing prestige classes and the like.

Edit: Free free to lower to whatever arbitrary number you want. 

Edited by xellink.7568
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Make the 5 core trait lines strong enough on their own that each of them individually is as good as an espec traitline.

That's not possible as elite specs will mix and match these core traits and become unexpectedly broken

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Elite specs are by their very nature subspecialties and focused on optimisation which narrows the playstyle of a general class. Core should continue to be core without allowing especs to power creep. A buff to core requires a nerf to eSpecs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Tell me one example of anything similar to this.

When they let power creep go unchecked after releasing hot. Where bleed through chill got busted on reaper, coupled with power and ferocity damage increasing as well.  It's kinda what anet has been trying to do with bladesworn as well in a movement based combat environment. At least in the terms of wvw. I mean if the expansions didn't add any new/ better combat features would wvwers even waste their money buying it? I suppose that may go hand in hand with pvp as well.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

When they let power creep go unchecked after releasing hot. Where bleed through chill got busted on reaper, coupled with power and ferocity damage increasing as well.  It's kinda what anet has been trying to do with bladesworn as well in a movement based combat environment. At least in the terms of wvw. I mean if the expansions didn't add any new/ better combat features would wvwers even waste their money buying it? I suppose that may go hand in hand with pvp as well.

Not a single one of those is even close to straight up adding 450 stats for not playing especs.

10 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Not a single one of those is even close to straight up adding 450 stats for not playing especs.

and even with 450 stats in celestial format, core will never hit any dps close to what especs can achieve.

What I proposed is fair. but feel free to lower it to 30 if you think thats a fairer number. 

• Confused 2

On 6/14/2023 at 4:14 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

I want you to to very slowly break down both this idea and mechanist and compare them.

The idea that my response represents is this:

On 6/14/2023 at 9:09 AM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I mean isn't that what anet does off the get go to sell their expansions? 🤔

Releasing overpowered e-specs that require purchase of the new expansion to access, driving sales so people can play the new OP thing. 

1 hour ago, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

The idea that my response represents is this:

Releasing overpowered e-specs that require purchase of the new expansion to access, driving sales so people can play the new OP thing. 

Yes, but people need incentive to look back at old content, like seasons of dragons etc, and in the build theory crafting industry, an incentive for free players and non-free players alike to explore

14 hours ago, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

And how is that the same as adding free power creep for playing a forced build direction?
Actually it's the opposite if that's really your reasoning, since it's a bonus for not playing the paid stuff. 

2 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

And how is that the same as adding free power creep for playing a forced build direction?
Actually it's the opposite if that's really your reasoning, since it's a bonus for not playing the paid stuff. 

Sir, I believe the initial quip was in regards to the "don't artificially force builds to be better" which, technically, that is exactly what elite specs are.

That being said, I recall when elite specs were first introduced, I suggested a similar mechanic but it was more focused on the GM traits. Not to make them "even" or comparative but just alternate viable styles. My suggestion was, putting a core spec into the 3rd "elite" slot would give upgraded versions of some of the traits. In hindsight, I'd probably aim to target the passives instead to make it simple. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

Sir, I believe the initial quip was in regards to the "don't artificially force builds to be better" which, technically, that is exactly what elite specs are.

That being said, I recall when elite specs were first introduced, I suggested a similar mechanic but it was more focused on the GM traits. Not to make them "even" or comparative but just alternate viable styles. My suggestion was, putting a core spec into the 3rd "elite" slot would give upgraded versions of some of the traits. In hindsight, I'd probably aim to target the passives instead to make it simple. 

This is ideal but anet doesn't have the track record to do it right. A global increase in stats that does not overpower the capability of especs is a less risky situation. 

Example of why stats are not even a solution:

If a class makes a condi/power/support build, but core only has 2 traitlines for any of those, then they take a traitline of a different role. In the mean time especs provide the 3rd traitline to finish the build. Stats don't change that.

I liked GW2 when they made the elites spec take a penalty instead of making the elites obviously an upgrade to the profession.  I think with each profession, I was able to create 7 unique builds. 4 builds were straight core, while 3 were of each elite. Having the elites take a penalty is much easier to manage than buffing an all core build. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:01 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

Example of why stats are not even a solution:

If a class makes a condi/power/support build, but core only has 2 traitlines for any of those, then they take a traitline of a different role. In the mean time especs provide the 3rd traitline to finish the build. Stats don't change that.

They make for some really strong sinister and grieving options. Really really strong without the need for expertise single condi focus. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

They make for some really strong sinister and grieving options. Really really strong without the need for expertise single condi focus. 

I don't understand the confused looks. Willbender does sinister with Balthazar runes. Additional stats on core will facilitate this. This is basic knowledge. 

• Confused 1