Special Ops achievement items don't grant needed skin when bought

When one buys the Special Ops Requisition items for the Special Ops Basic or Advanced achievements a vision crystal and exotic skin is needed. Buying the item doesn't unlock the skins of our "currency" armor (Ritualist's Ancient Ritualist/Ritualist's Ancient Tahkayun/Ritualist's Ancient Kraken). You can only unlock the skins by first soul binding or unlocking them by right-click unlock and then buy the Special Ops Requisitions. If you just buy the item without unlocking the skin first you probably have to craft the armor again which is not entirely cheap especially when you have to re craft multiple pieces. I was able to get a second set of items from the support but I still consider this a bug or at least an undesirable mechanic that should be fixed to reduce player frustration, which is already quite high since the item collection is quite expensive.
I found a second threat that had the opposite problem of having the "currency" skins unlocked prior and now needed to craft a new set to get their share of Special Ops Armor.

I hope this can be fixed and not to many people are as scared as me, to loose a skin by unlocking it first, and won't face the same problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The thing with the people that crafted the armor in the past + unlocked the skin and salvaged it: This seems intended. They had a longer time to enjoy/use those skins compared to new players or older players that only get them now. Also makes it easier to catch up since there is a lot of stuff in the game.

For using a newly crafted item as currency - where you still don't have the skin unlocked: This does not seem a bug. But yeah ... "undesirable mechanic" seems about right here.

Since for salvaging it automatically unlocks skins (you don't have to manually unlock them before salvaging) they might consider changing this for other sources where the source item permanently gets made unavailable as well. (Like ... everything where you can't sell it to another player anymore. That is what they wanted to avoid in the first place. Else people could just trade items in circles to unlock skins without having to craft more.)

Currently we already have auto unlocks on obtain - when it is a bound (accountbound or soulbound) item. Don't know if this would be easy or hard to change. But don't give up on the hopes here. They did a lot of small changes that increased the convenience. Luckly I myself (crafted the item the first time) already thought about manually unlocking the skins - directly after crafting so I would not forget when going to that vendodr.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1