Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Incoming Arcane Shield nerf?


TheJmandude.1548

Recommended Posts

I was a little concerned when I re-read the patch notes and noticed Arcane Shield wasn't stated to have its cooldown reduced along with the cooldown reduction removal of Elemental Surge. Are the arcane abilities whose cooldowns were reduced simply highlights of the change or are we going to have to deal with a 45 second cooldown?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty sure its intended that its not getting cd nerf or they were just to lazy that they can't be bothered to change it. For some reason they really wanted to get rid of the cd reduction traits, but it seems like one of the devs is manually picking a couple of skills they want to cd decrease (like whats happening to ele) while others get the full package (Guardian). Im not even sure what they want to achieve on ele. It seems like a couple skills got completely overlooked. Also ele has a 20% base cd reduction per attunement traitline so if they truly want to remove the cd reductions all weapon skills will need an overhaul which would mean 100+ skills... No way theyre going to do that lol. 

However it is definitely a shame that theyre so inconsistent with the application of the 20% cd reduction. Its just the same with the feb patch on cantrips. They reduced the cd on just a few of the cantrips and left others untouched. Meanwhile there's still a completely useless tornado sitting at 150 sec cd in PvE that has been completely useless in PvE since release and for over 9+ years on WvW ever since they nerfed the power increase while in tornado. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Also ele has a 20% base cd reduction per attunement traitline so if they truly want to remove the cd reductions all weapon skills will need an overhaul which would mean 100+ skills... No way theyre going to do that lol. 

Thats one thing i am really afraid off , if they remove the cd reduction there is no way , they gonna give all weapon skill -20% cd .

Hard to balance class when you have average player able to do nothing with it and a very weak % of players able to wreck the arcdps with it.

Arcane ofc need an overhaul , as conjured weapons need , as some traits need too , who the hell uses Conjurer or Pyromancer's Puissance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Arcane ofc need an overhaul , as conjured weapons need , as some traits need too , who the hell uses Conjurer or Pyromancer's Puissance.

Conjures need to be ammo based; I've been saying this for years. The only two Arcanes that see use are Blast and Shield while the rest are left to gather dust. They're at least buffing Brilliance and Power but I don't know if it will be enough especially when the former is competing with Glyph of Elemental Harmony, Ether Renewal and Signet of Restoration.

I agree there are a lot of traits still stuck in 2012, however Pyromancer's Puissance is an invaluable tool for support Tempest giving Might.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Arcane ofc need an overhaul , as conjured weapons need , as some traits need too , who the hell uses Conjurer or Pyromancer's Puissance.

Ummmm, a LOT of people use Pyromancer’s Puissance. It’s actually really good for support Tempest when you take Fire for condi cleanse. It keeps up might without even having to think. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of stun brakes on ele got an nerf with the cdr trait being removed. They realty should think about making it an "block until time up" and not just 3 hits and for the dmg at the end should only stack up to 3 times for max effect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TheDetective.8172 said:

Ummmm, a LOT of people use Pyromancer’s Puissance. It’s actually really good for support Tempest when you take Fire for condi cleanse. It keeps up might without even having to think. 

So tempest heal is already scuffed and you take fire instead of arcane just for the condi cleanse applied on auras  ... don't get me wrong , you play like you want , but having a whole traitline just to put 10 stack of might when you overload fire who already give a lot of might (on a tiny aoe sure) , + this is a super weird trait who remove yourself 10 stacks of might and make a damage proportional + burn depending on the stacks you removed , so this trait is supposed to do what ? just give 10 stacks of might ? it is not a damage trait , cause removing yourself 10 stacks is a huge deeps loss (+the aoe damage is laughable) , it's justa  grandmaster traitline who gives 10 stacks of might for allies , really underwhelming for a master traitline.

"A LOT" , not a lot of ppl play tempest starting with and i don't see neither a catalyst neither a weaver use this trait in any kind.

I am pointing out i talk more about endgame content , open world is kinda different as you can make almost everything work there.

I see more this trait becoming a condi dps trait like +x% burn damage and a bonus like +x condi damage when you have an aura , bonus 2x if you have fire aura.

Conjurer becoming : heal allies when you remove a condi from them on pair with transmog aura and Blinding ashes (i know it's used in pvp) where your Fire fields heal allies inside + a bonus like x% of your might convert into healing.

My 5c ofc.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

So tempest heal is already scuffed and you take fire instead of arcane just for the condi cleanse applied on auras  ... don't get me wrong , you play like you want , but having a whole traitline just to put 10 stack of might when you overload fire who already give a lot of might (on a tiny aoe sure) , + this is a super weird trait who remove yourself 10 stacks of might and make a damage proportional + burn depending on the stacks you removed , so this trait is supposed to do what ? just give 10 stacks of might ? it is not a damage trait , cause removing yourself 10 stacks is a huge deeps loss (+the aoe damage is laughable) , it's justa  grandmaster traitline who gives 10 stacks of might for allies , really underwhelming for a master traitline.

"A LOT" , not a lot of ppl play tempest starting with and i don't see neither a catalyst neither a weaver use this trait in any kind.

I am pointing out i talk more about endgame content , open world is kinda different as you can make almost everything work there.

bro has never played pvp or wvw in his life

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

bro has never played pvp or wvw in his life

True thats why i pointed out i talk more about pve endgame content , but nothing wrong i edited just 2 minutes ago , you just where on spot for the answer.

And i am not your bro , bro .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

I see more this trait becoming a condi dps trait like +x% burn damage and a bonus like +x condi damage when you have an aura , bonus 2x if you have fire aura.

The whole point of making it a support trait is because fire is already overloaded with dps traits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheDetective.8172 said:

The whole point of making it a support trait is because fire is already overloaded with dps traits. 

Agree , but there is no need to be two support traits on the same trait tier , it can be pyromancer puissance or blinding ashes , these two feel very underwhelming to me , in pve ofc.

And i don't see the use of pyromancer puissance as tempest when you can go fire overload -> heat sync and blam , 25 stacks of might for all your group , ofc fire overload could use a + size boon sharing , 180 is pretty tiny , i suppose it is to play staff support ?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2023 at 3:33 AM, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Also ele has a 20% base cd reduction per attunement traitline so if they truly want to remove the cd reductions all weapon skills will need an overhaul which would mean 100+ skills... No way theyre going to do that lol. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the patch notes that removes those cdr traits for weapon skills /s. Pretty much every dps build uses either fire/air, earth or water, so not doing baseline cdr will nerf them quite heavily, making some builds unplayable like dps catalyst.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2023 at 4:25 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I wish they'd update arcane traits in general.  Maybe add some higher value boons and make the evasive arcana effects more impactful.  Then take a look at arcane utilities and make them worth using. 

A lot of utilities are awful and need reworks to bring them in line with current powercreep, talking strictly about PvE:

Arcane - who the hell needs guaranteed crit? DPS builds which use them have 100% crit chance, arcane power only purpose is to precast it in fractals.

Glyphs - Glyph of Renewal still has nerfed cooldown (90s) compared to Signet of Mercy which was reverted some time ago

Conjures - Flame Axe literally never used since 2012, conjures needs kits mechanics because the cooldown is too high to cast 1-2 skills. FGS still with 180s cooldown just to cast 1-2 damage skills. Lightning hammer was used in the past (ancient past) but cannot longer compete with standard weapon skills.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...