The balance changes for necro are badly designed.

ZeftheWicked.3076

Few things about this patch rub me the wrong way, really hard:

1. Baseline nerfs for opt-in gains.

Barriers and ressing get nerfed baseline, because current Scourge with alacrity would be crazy.
Ok, but that alacrity is a grandmaster opt-in. What of the scourges who don't choose it?
They still eat the nerfs for no pay off.

2. Grandmaster trait balance completly destroyed.

Sand Savant was the support/Quality of Life pick.
Demonic Lore the dps choice.
Feed from corruption for competitive boon hate.

After 27th june we have two support grandmasters, one of which is clearly superior (new Desert Empowerment).
With that Sand Savant becomes obsolete and a dead trait with next to no purpose.

3. Hating on scourge's core identity.

Nerfing something that is broken is one thing, but butchering it's identity while doing it is another.
Making transfusion pull downed allies only on initial pulse is an absolutely fair and deserved nerf.
That mechanic was broken and abused in competitive for too long.

But why butcher the % ress values across the board for PvE no less?
Scourge "heals" with barrier and ressing. That's what it is and it's awesome, because at least one healer provides something different from the rest.
Why gut it instead of embracing it?

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I agree. Anet really making a mess of things.

Just the fact that boon stripping provides no damage output whereas Boon Corruption can provide the necro with damage-over-time. The fact that they've made these changes AND have nerfed a Necro's source of damage is bizarre.

• Like 10

Just now, misterman.1530 said:

I agree. Anet really making a mess of things.

Just the fact that boon stripping provides no damage output whereas Boon Corruption can provide the necro with damage-over-time. The fact that they've made these changes AND have nerfed a Necro's source of damage is bizarre.

"Necro identity is a lot of boonrip" - CMC.

I rest my case...
Last time i checked necro identity was a lot of boon corrupt, and for a good reason.
When a 4 legged drooling, mindless beast who has stab pounces on you in pvp, you have no time to rip a boon and only after that apply a cc.
Not with necro's slow as molasses cast times. That's when boon corrupt came into play at least giving you a chance for a quick stab -> fear conversion.

Oh and by drooling mindless beast I obviously refer to charr warriors...

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

"Necro identity is a lot of boonrip" - CMC.

I rest my case...
Last time i checked necro identity was a lot of boon corrupt, and for a good reason.
When a 4 legged drooling, mindless beast who has stab pounces on you in pvp, you have no time to rip a boon and only after that apply a cc.
Not with necro's slow as molasses cast times. That's when boon corrupt came into play at least giving you a chance for a quick stab -> fear conversion.

Oh and by drooling mindless beast I obviously refer to charr warriors...

CMC doesnt balance around PvP. He even said the reason for the change was to prevent pirate ship in WvW zerg fights. And, it doesnt affect PvE.

Either he doesnt care about how it impacts PvP. Or he is once again being biased towards his favorite class, ele. Since boon corruption is one of the biggest counters to ele. Given this patch has another round of ele buffs I'd put my money on the latter.

This company is a joke now. Its time to stop giving them money.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2