I'm stuck with a dead alliance.

Grosbillou.8420

Hello guys.

Just a simple question :  Now that the "Alliance" thing is up, how can people swap if they are actually stuck in a dead alliance ? 

I mean, before that, it was simple : You swap server and it swaps you. You just had the 1 match penalty.. 

But now ? 

I joined an alliance to play a bit with some friends... But this alliance is a complete joke with 0 commanders, and we are facing Over seized blobs all day long so basically, we can't play at all...... Or barely... What do i need to do to change the alliance i'm playing with ? Still swap server or join a guild and set it as WvW guild ? And how many time did it takes ? The 1 match wait is stil la thing if i swap ? 

Thanks in advance for the answers 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

But "now" - if it was live and alliances actually existed - you'd ask the alliance leader if you can join with your guild, he'd assign a certain amount of slots to you (lets say you got 20 peeps in your guild wanting to tag along) and you'll join the alliance within 1-8 weeks depending on how far in the 2 month period you are. 

In this beta its only world restructure and sorting testing.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Grosbillou.8420 said:

Hello guys.

Just a simple question :  Now that the "Alliance" thing is up, how can people swap if they are actually stuck in a dead alliance ? 

I mean, before that, it was simple : You swap server and it swaps you. You just had the 1 match penalty.. 

But now ? 

I joined an alliance to play a bit with some friends... But this alliance is a complete joke with 0 commanders, and we are facing Over seized blobs all day long so basically, we can't play at all...... Or barely... What do i need to do to change the alliance i'm playing with ? Still swap server or join a guild and set it as WvW guild ? And how many time did it takes ? The 1 match wait is stil la thing if i swap ? 

Alliance or World Restructuring is a beta test which ends soon, so you either have to wait until your get back to "old" system with Worlds (Server) as before or get a commander tag yourself and get people to work together to do at least something while you still have some WXP buffs from beta test going on. During WR there is a permanent WvW buffs which helps to increase WXP rather fast as long you are doing stuff in WvW.

As for how it will work when it is in final stage we don't really know yet. Things might change at that time.

Here is one of the latest road maps for WvW: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fall-and-winter-roadmap-2022/

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

20 hours ago, Grosbillou.8420 said:

Hello guys.

But now ? 

This test ends at the next reset. And as stated this isn't a test of the Alliance portion of the WR project. Not switching sides was planned during the test. How transfers will work once the WR project drops has had a couple of answers so its hard to tell where that will land, hoping for more details during the Alliance test of the WR project later this summer.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is why following system would make more sense:

1. 1 server alone, where you can transfer but it can also be full
  2. Higher tier servers would obviously have more activity: Every server having same population for 1 second every 2 months isn't only way to have fair matchmaking

Why is this great? Because you can develop rivalries and get to know your servers (and enemy) voice apps, commanders and timezones. And you can choose your server.

Did we have system like this? Indeed we did have it for many years, and it is what made WvW succesful gamemode. If GW2 was released with World Destructuring or link servers, it would have died in couple of months. I wish they stopped implementing unfun systems just because they want to "seem innovative". Players should have a choice and something to build towards. Guilds should have a choice and something to build towards. This is why monoservers, population statuses and transfers were necessary. Choosing a guild might be enough influence for beginners, but building server of the dreams was the endgame.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

If GW2 was released with World Destructuring

it was (aka EotM)

20 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

it would have died in couple of months

it did

PS: EotM is even better than Alliances, cause one map is filled after the other 😅

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

It has plenty of people on all sides after 10 years, that is succesful. Have you seen average game?

and yet it's not healthy enough to let the developers decide to NOT invest tons of resources into the world restructuring and alliance system.

It's almost like some people here have NEVER held an actual job. You DON'T decide to invest hundreds or thousands of work hours into something this risky unless you absolutely have to.

Given the developers have made that call, and where even close enough to make this call YEARS ago but back then decided not too (while WvW population was far healthier). Let's assume basic common human reasoning: the numbers they have and the direction those numbers where heading was NOT healthy.

@topic creator: the alliance system is not active yet. We are currently in a 2 week beta to test the underlying world restructuring system first. If you missed the pre beta period for joining one of your guilds for this beta, you'll have to wait it out until this Friday.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1