What to do with excessive amount of balls of dark energy?

So I recently have reached a point where I have used all my balls to craft the legendary armors I needed. But nowadays I found myself having collecting a bit too many of these.

Could we or could we not get some type of sink where we can make good use of balls of dark energy we don't need?

It would be a shame to throw it all away...

If you really don't have anything left to use them on. you can always use them to craft legendary weapons to then sell for profit, if you're into that sort of thing.

Although I'm having a hard time to beilve you could possibly have that many of them that you can't just keep them tucked away at your material storage, like how many could you possibly have??? If you are at the point that you imply your material storage should have space for at least a couple thousand of them, have you really have that many?

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

If you really don't have anything left to use them on. you can always use them to craft legendary weapons to then sell for profit, if you're into that sort of thing.

Although I'm having a hard time to beilve you could possibly have that many of them that you can't just keep them tucked away at your material storage, like how many could you possibly have??? If you are at the point that you imply your material storage should have space for at least a couple thousand of them, have you really have that many?

I got 344 and still got some ascended boxes to salvage, so yea its only going to get bigger from here since each legendary weapon only need 1 ball.

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I got 344 and still got some ascended boxes to salvage, so yea its only going to get bigger from here since each legendary weapon only need 1 ball.

I mean yeah, but these are build up over a long time, it's not like you get 100 ascended items that you can salvage daily, so actually topping up material storage with them will take years for the vast majority of people, so overflow of them would be rare to non existant.

Obsidian shards are a good comparison, yes they are used much more than the balls of dark energy, but they are actually a material that will overflow, you can't just sell it, and tossing it away is definently not the best idea.

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1

This post is just a brag.

What do I do with excess Gifts of Battle? I have 8 stacks of them and have already crafted every legendary in the game, not just once, but once for each of my 15 characters. Oh the humanity!

You could have answered this yourself but you just had to share.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

This post is just a brag.

What do I do with excess Gifts of Battle? I have 8 stacks of them and have already crafted every legendary in the game, not just once, but once for each of my 15 characters. Oh the humanity!

You could have answered this yourself but you just had to share.

Well there are other reward tracks then the gift of battle so why are you keeping that on on repeat?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I have 345 and I used some to plug a leak in the john.

Those're "Balls of Dark and Unpleasant Matter" now.

I wish all account bound crafting mats could be vendored or used as currency to buy some kind of junk to sell.

Maybe an NPC in the Black Citadel, welcome to Rustblade's Scrapper Yard, where our motto is "sure it ain't fair but that's the price, take it or leave it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I mean yeah, but these are build up over a long time, it's not like you get 100 ascended items that you can salvage daily, so actually topping up material storage with them will take years for the vast majority of people, so overflow of them would be rare to non existant.

Obsidian shards are a good comparison, yes they are used much more than the balls of dark energy, but they are actually a material that will overflow, you can't just sell it, and tossing it away is definently not the best idea.

Depends on the size of your material storage. You can still be keeping over 2000 around if you toss out a stack every time your material storage fills up with current maximum storage size.

Obsidian is also much easier to obtain these days.

57 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Depends on the size of your material storage. You can still be keeping over 2000 around if you toss out a stack every time your material storage fills up with current maximum storage size.

It is 2500 now fyi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Sure you can always keep a lot, that's true for every material, it's just that overall there're better uses for obsidian shards than literally deleting them, regardless of the time it would take to get around actually using them all. If you don't mind you can even just dedicate bank space for them as well, if you want to keep more around than your material storage is allowing you, atm I keep about 6,000 of them. 

48 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Sure you can always keep a lot, that's true for every material, it's just that overall there're better uses for obsidian shards than literally deleting them, regardless of the time it would take to get around actually using them all. If you don't mind you can even just dedicate bank space for them as well, if you want to keep more around than your material storage is allowing you, atm I keep about 6,000 of them. 

Obsidian is just as useless as dark energy if you are at the point where you are ending up with piles of dark energy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard