Thief in WvWvW

MilkyTea.9042

1 minute ago, kash.9213 said:

You can keep being bad in zergs if you want. Play specter and keep your commander up, they'll appreciate it if you're not bad. Keep a DE quickness build on a template also. 

The only one being bad in Zergs is the one picking the literally only class not viable in Zergs. You know if you wanna keep your commander up that there are like 4+ better builds, right? Use Tempest, Firebrand, Druid, Scrapper, Ventari Rev, hell even Chronomancer if you just want the revive. Why would you EVER pick Spectre? 

Well have to see how DE quickness is gonna fare post-patch. That one is hard to say. But I dont really see it going above "occasionally viable".

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

The only one being bad in Zergs is the one picking the literally only class not viable in Zergs. You know if you wanna keep your commander up that there are like 4+ better builds, right? Use Tempest, Firebrand, Druid, Scrapper, Ventari Rev, hell even Chronomancer if you just want the revive. Why would you EVER pick Spectre? 

Well have to see how DE quickness is gonna fare post-patch. That one is hard to say. But I dont really see it going above "occasionally viable".

Those 4+ better builds need to stay up themselves then, so I don't have to keep finding myself keeping a commander up. 

On 6/22/2023 at 4:10 AM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If your playstyle can be summarized as being in stealth 90% of the time, hitting for ~10k from stealth almost each time and running away if you're about to lose you shouldn't be suprised.

Similar arguments can be used with most kittenin specs, who have far less counterplay than thieves.

Casual non-sense generation of Aegis.

Invulnerability as a get out of jail free card.

A disgustingly long lasting invuln while being allowed to do as you please.

Easy access to barrier for just face rolling on earth.

Face rolling keyboard = death for thief who gets hit with just half of the kitten memsmer throws.

Yall want to complain about thief bouncing out of stealth. Why don't you nail your foot to the earth first.

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, UNOwen.7132 said:

I mean thats the point. You can play whatever you want in WvW, even if its bad. You playing thief in Zergs doesnt make it not bad, it just means youre picking a bad class in Zergs.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:02 PM, kash.9213 said:

You can keep being bad in zergs if you want. Play specter and keep your commander up, they'll appreciate it if you're not bad. Keep a DE quickness build on a template also. 

Man's incapable of interacting with the point, but I think you made it pretty clear for posterity @UNOwen.7132.

People's personal preferences don't change the fact that thief is a bad bring in zergs and that its strong suit is roaming and punishing the people who should be in zerg for not being in zerg. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I don’t think thief is either overpowered or underpowered at the moment, sure there is more potential in roaming than in zerking, but what i don’t like personally is that it is actually „rewarding“ and also at the moment feels like the only valid way is spamming black power leaps or, if using sword, spamming Infiltrators Strike.

thats also why i felt the statement „thief is in a good spot“ as such a false one. Just because its in the middle of the pack doesn’t mean there isn't anything wrong about it. And certainly thief is in the need of some changes, not numberswise but design- and gameplay wise.

People will always complain about being killed while not being able to comprehend what exactly killed them and to some degree that’s understandable but also that is the exact essence of a thief and why it isn’t a rev or a warrior.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Man's incapable of interacting with the point, but I think you made it pretty clear for posterity @UNOwen.7132.

People's personal preferences don't change the fact that thief is a bad bring in zergs and that its strong suit is roaming and punishing the people who should be in zerg for not being in zerg. 

Specter, especially sc/p and bonus s/d switch, is basically built for zergs. The other builds can hang and mostly contribute. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3