Server Performance Is Terrible

On 6/18/2023 at 4:34 PM, Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203 said:

In combat mostly all you can do is spam weapon 1 and pray because the server can't handle the amount of simultaneous actions by all players to register use of skills.  The characters are constantly rubber banding all over the place.

Have you had your lower back attached to the wall for 10 years? WR arrives, it's time to get it back into the game. I recommend extreme caution when moving away from that wall.🤭

It's a PVP environment and it's full of guys with bad intentions.🤭

Edited by Mabi black.1824

Yes, unfortunately that's been my experience too. Ever since the beta started my WvW ping (and ONLY my WvW ping) has been markedly worse. On average it's about 100ms worse, but what's really unusual/aggravating is when you approach the enemy zerg and your ping suddenly shoots up to 1k - 2k. It's not a performance/client-side thing where FPS suddenly goes down and things start becoming jerky; it's like the servers just literally stop sending info to you or the pipeline becomes overloaded. It used to happen very very rarely in WvW, but now it's like almost every single time I try to join zerg vs zerg fights.

EDIT: I should add that this extreme ping has also made it extremely frustrating to try and get Daily Defender or Weekly Defense credit, since the only reliable way to get credit for those is to get enemy kills. Which is exceedingly hard to do when it takes you like 5+ seconds just to dismount, you can't target any enemies because your skills are flashing or non-responsive, and you can suddenly die at any time because the server thought you kept on running ahead into the enemy zerg when you stopped like 10s ago on your screen. I strongly urge ANet to return repair credit counting towards these defense events. Between the lag  and population imbalances, most times players simply do not even bother trying to show up to defend; it's more straightforward to simply wait until the zerg moves on and then backcap later, which I think we can all agree is against the spirit of WvW.

Edited by Zaxares.5419
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203 said:

In combat mostly all you can do is spam weapon 1 and pray because the server can't handle the amount of simultaneous actions by all players to register use of skills.  The characters are constantly rubber banding all over the place.

I see it happening mostly in smc when fighting another zerg or when its a 3 way. I usually just change maps.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 3:50 PM, jul.7602 said:

I've had some ping issues, and noticed some strange connectivity issues during the beta. Although I cannot say for sure that its due to the beta, or the fact that everyone is just running blobbier than usual.

It's definitely not the beta technically, because no operations are added in the machine code.  But the nature of it is somehow increasing the map fullness.

Edited by Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203