Daily Routine

Hi community,

I am currently only able to play the game for 1 - 2 hours everyday and was wondering what routines do you advise to do in order to make the game not so much repeatble.

I usualy do daily fractals, sometimes Strikes but after one week or so it starts to get somewhat repetitive.

I was wondering if you came give some good metas with good participation, do not need to be the most profitble. Just looking for fun with some mix to the week that has enough people to move the metas forward.

So, routines with max 2 hours with medium to high participation, exculding Cantha region.

• Sad 1

I'm in a similar situation (and have been pretty much since the game came out) and my advice is not to have a routine.

Instead give yourself a list of options to choose from (either a mental list or actually write one if it helps) then pick what you want to do each day, or maybe make a weekly/monthly schedule if you prefer something more structured or don't like constantly having to make decisons. Either way remember to allow time for stuff that's not profitable, or doing a bit towards a long-term goal. There's no point playing if you spend all your time farming gold and never really get to enjoy the results.

I usually check the daily achievements, but only do them if they're very quick or something I'd enjoy, otherwise I skip them for the day. At the moment I'm doing the Dragon Bash dailies most days but yesterday I decided I'd rather do map completion on a character I haven't played in a while, so I did that instead. It's the same with meta events, I don't commit to doing any of them regularly but whenever I feel like it or need something specific from one I'll do that, or when someone in one of my guilds calls it out.

I can see why a routine would be good, but with limited time it's very easy to end up spending so much of it on regular activities that you don't get time for anything else, so I find variety works better.

• Like 8

I feel like it depends on what's your main goal? Legendaries? Achievements? Gold?

Since you have low play time availability, I'd make different gameplay options for each day. List out the events you like or want to do and split them between the days of the week like:
Day 1 - Daily Fractals
Day 2 - Dailies, Anomaly, Dungeons
Day 3- World bosses, meta trains
Etc.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm in a similar situation (and have been pretty much since the game came out) and my advice is not to have a routine.

Instead give yourself a list of options to choose from (either a mental list or actually write one if it helps) then pick what you want to do each day, or maybe make a weekly/monthly schedule if you prefer something more structured or don't like constantly having to make decisons. Either way remember to allow time for stuff that's not profitable, or doing a bit towards a long-term goal. There's no point playing if you spend all your time farming gold and never really get to enjoy the results.

I usually check the daily achievements, but only do them if they're very quick or something I'd enjoy, otherwise I skip them for the day. At the moment I'm doing the Dragon Bash dailies most days but yesterday I decided I'd rather do map completion on a character I haven't played in a while, so I did that instead. It's the same with meta events, I don't commit to doing any of them regularly but whenever I feel like it or need something specific from one I'll do that, or when someone in one of my guilds calls it out.

I can see why a routine would be good, but with limited time it's very easy to end up spending so much of it on regular activities that you don't get time for anything else, so I find variety works better.

I really like this suggestion.  I personally like to do my dailies, knock those out, then go do a variety of things.  Some weeks I do more WvW, some weeks I do metas.  This week it's the festival   Sometimes I get on a roll in one particular expansion, especially if working on an achieve.  

Mixing it up does keep it from feeling like a chore or getting burned out.  I would suggest following a meta train occasionally too...the daily ones for amalgamated gems lead you to some really fun and fast groups that are easy to drop in and out of, and not an hour's worth of pre events.  

• Like 1

My routine is the 3 dailies. And that's all my routine xD
Rest is whatever I want to do, def. no fractals or strikes.

Usually I do the harvest pve daily and the other 2 in wvw since they're often the easiest (like 2 camps and a dolly, or a sentry and a monument). And sometimes (most likely  *cough*) I stick to wvw then for the rest of my free time :s

Sometimes I try to do the Skritt Queen and afterwards Matriach (if timing is well not much time is wasted between those two events), in between I harvest a bit (incl. guild hall but no full homes, that bores me).

Or I do Tequatl (2 gold).

Sometimes I continue some achievement. Like yesterday. It's rare but yesterday I felt like it.
With support of the Wiki ofc and Tekkit.

When Dragon Stand meta is daily I sometimes look for a char of mine that doesn't have a 100% there and do that while doing the meta. At least all the hp.

Atm I try to do the festival dailies too and the yearly and the weekly for the weaponskins.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2

It's a game, do what's fun for you!

A routine inherently is repetition so chances are you will get bored with it. Sure, there are a lot of activities that are very profitable compared to the time investment such as farming daily home, fractals with a good group, matriarch in verdant brink, alt parked at hidden garden, farming guild hall(s) etc. but ultimately these profitable tasks take up a lot of time when combined so they can kind of suck the fun out of the game if you don't have some specific project you're accumulating gold/resources for.

Consider doing WvW on weekends, raids or strike (cms) on mondays, maybe find a guild to run guild missions with. Do T4 fractals(+CMs?) twice a week, that already nets you the weekly reward for that category. In general, adding more weekly content to your schedule rather than daily does a lot in making repeatable content less boring.

And besides that, just try to find some goals. Getting all griffon and beetle races on gold can be a lot of fun and greatly practices your control with these mounts. Other adventures may also prove to be fun challenges to burn time on. The Light in the Darkness title is a great excuse to add Silverwastes to your schedule once or twice a week. If you haven't unlocked the otter yet, running DRM dailies when they're up and the occasional public/private dragonstorm is a great way to stock up on defense seals which you can in turn trade for volcanic stormcaller weapons that salvage into memories of otter once you have the respective collection unlocked while also giving you pretty cool flame-based weapons and AP + an IBS mastery point.

In general, if you have anything still left to do in LS3/4/5, checking out the dailies for those might prove to be an opportunity to progress on meta achievements while cashing in on extra karma/exp rewards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Game now have too much options with metas, theres lots of timed meta-trains and no timed metas. 

In last resort, do the WvW, its never get boring unless u are unluck enough to be in a dead server.;

The chillest gold train is Teql->Ley Line Anomaly->SilverWastes.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

While its not mainly for the meta itself , you can try and do some Riba. It does have a meta boss that can also drop a valuable infusion but you can also farm before (to prepare the map) and after (chest farm). And its up with squads almost all day long.

Same goes with Drizzlewood coast but this one is a bit more tricky to find a big enough squad and a not so prepared for meta map, so that you will have a good profit.

Rather than these and than what already been suggested above I would say to mix things up with some squad fishing, ley line anomaly, maybe "leech" metas like Octovine (after the meta is succesfully done and after you find an open tarir squad on lfg) to win time and try many but smaller stuff (home farming, daily crafting, dragonstorm, pact commander supply).

I too agree that having a routine may not let you enjoy your gaming time at least not as much as you would if you just played whatever you felt like each time.

You could also try to use other classes/roles during fractals (like healer if you are used to play dps) and/or do them with friend-guildies. This also could make it feel like a fun time and not a task. Or do it with pugs which can be a wild adventure 😄

Edited by Mppa.3250
  • Like 1

Always have a side project, like a legendary item, or some achievement with too many steps to binge. Sign up to different events with different communities on different dates, like raids, strike cms, wvw...

Minimize your routine, and mix repetitive stuff across a week.

Have Fun o/

• Like 2

I just pace myself by spending 1 day in each expansion, so one day doing core content, one day in HoT, one day in PoF, and one day doing EoD content. If an event like Dragon Bash comes up, I just do 1 lap around with the beetle, and one day doing the pinata adventure and then go play the game. Sometimes I work on getting mastery points, sometimes just doing a map meta (even if I don't stick around to the end) and other days I go explorinh parts of the map I missed.

I'll even peek into LfG to see if anyone doing something like Tower of Nightmares or something that could use an extra body and just join in. What I don't do, is go "I need to do dailies" or "I need to grind an event" or "I need to earn gold to buy X Y or Z." Enjoy the journey, because the destination is not always the best reward.