Bring back Solar

GetFoxxed.9478

Single dodge mirage? Leaked favoritism changes? Early Mechanist balancing? Banner changes? Patch December 2017's condition damage nerfs? That's off the top of my head.

At least Cmc has walked back stuff we hated before. Don't know if the trend will continue, but I'm going to afford him some good will until he actually does something to burn me for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

Single dodge mirage? Leaked favoritism changes? Early Mechanist balancing? Banner changes? Patch December 2017's condition damage nerfs? That's off the top of my head.

At least Cmc has walked back stuff we hated before. Don't know if the trend will continue, but I'm going to afford him some good will until he actually does something to burn me for it.

CMC was the one that put in one dodge mirage in the first place, and looks like he has his own set of favoritism too. 😏

They're equally terribad at this point, one of the worst stretches of game balance these past 2 years tbh. He used his "good will" up in feb 2020. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

And now mirage got nerfed in pve too, and the only compensation was second dodge in pvp, so in pve its just a straight nerf.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

And now banners won't provide quickness, like, AT ALL. Should I also mention arc divider?

If you have decided balance decisions and the balance process has gotten worse, I’m almost certainly not going to convince you otherwise. But, at the bare minimum, the process is objectively better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Nope. Solar single-handedly ruined the game with Firebrand, Mechanist, and staff Mirage.

Don't replace a bad thing with another bad thing. The Republican party can't seem to grasp that either, that maybe there are other options they could be raising up than two evil people.

(Not saying either Solar or CMC are evil...just...illustrative of two comparably bad choices)

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Nope. Solar single-handedly ruined the game with Firebrand, Mechanist, and staff Mirage.

Don't replace a bad thing with another bad thing. The Republican party can't seem to grasp that either, that maybe there are other options they could be raising up than two evil people.

How did he ruin the game with staff mirage? That thing was barely playable in T4 Fractals to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

20 hours ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

How did he ruin the game with staff mirage? That thing was barely playable in T4 Fractals to begin with.

Largely the fact that alac mirage has been oppressively simple ranged, autoattack alacrity uptime. And on top of that Solar specifically kept trying to make staff mirage "the preferred build" while pointedly trying to destroy axe mirage.

As an axe mirage main, obviously I think the man's priorities are whacko. One class is dynamic and rewards skill, the other just sits back like a Mechanist. And this was one of our design/balance leads.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Banner of Tactics still will in PvE according to their live stream and patch preview.

Let’s not forget it’s being replaced by quickness and alac being built into specializations instead of the base class, something players have actively been asking for explicitly. Again, I’m not going to talk about the merit of the implementation, but the overall strategy/direction is clearly 1) thought out 2) explained by the dev team in a stream instead of us having to guess their intentions 3) at least somewhat accounting for player suggestions 4) has been demonstrated to adjust broken things faster and be more reflexive to player feedback to patches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Let’s not forget it’s being replaced by quickness and alac being built into specializations instead of the base class, something players have actively been asking for explicitly. Again, I’m not going to talk about the merit of the implementation, but the overall strategy/direction is clearly 1) thought out 2) explained by the dev team in a stream instead of us having to guess their intentions 3) at least somewhat accounting for player suggestions 4) has been demonstrated to adjust broken things faster and be more reflexive to player feedback to patches.

Well, the quickness on banners but little else was the dev in question's initial failed attempt at a banner rework. This is CMC still a year later unraveling that person's utter ineptitude.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Toning it down.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

CMC was the one that put in one dodge mirage in the first place, and looks like he has his own set of favoritism too. 😏

They're equally terribad at this point, one of the worst stretches of game balance these past 2 years tbh. He used his "good will" up in feb 2020. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe, but if he was in charge instead of Solar, would he have walked it back? I don't know the answer to that, but he at least listens to feedback thus far. I'd rather work with someone like that even if he posits unpopular ideas every patch.

• Thanks 2

Both have their biases.

Solar made one of the most busted builds in PVE in autoattack mechanist, and people were happy to play it in PVP too because of how simple, straightforward and strong it was. 

CMC made one of the both busted builds in PVP in Catalyst, and people in PVE avoid it like the plague because it's convoluted with no class fantasy and requires some of the highest APM in the game to play (similar story with Untamed).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, the quickness on banners but little else was the dev in question's initial failed attempt at a banner rework. This is CMC still a year later unraveling that person's utter ineptitude.

Dang you editted before I could witness Deathroder Unchained

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Dang you editted before I could witness Deathroder Unchained

I don't want more forum points... This is a touchy subject for them.

That dev objectively failed though, there is no sugar coating that fact. They were extremely biased in a plainly obvious way as well which the discord leaks confirmed. I don't want that dev back, and neither should Anet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Largely the fact that alac mirage has been oppressively simple ranged, autoattack alacrity uptime. And on top of that Solar specifically kept trying to make staff mirage "the preferred build" while pointedly trying to destroy axe mirage.

As an axe mirage main, obviously I think the man's priorities are whacko. One class is dynamic and rewards skill, the other just sits back like a Mechanist. And this was our lead designer.

And now mirage got shafted altogether. Starting from dodge nerf, to worse condition uptime on staff.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

the thing ans issue about/with solar wasn‘t favorism in my mind but openly admitting to make changes just to see certain groups of players cry.

everyone of us has a favorite profession or at least some favorites and in my opinion it is no shame for a balance lead to have a favorite as well.

What they are lacking from my point of view at the moment is having dedicated profession representives that have a deeper understanding of that profession and also a better connection to the playerbase of those.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Felices Bladewing.3914 said:

the thing ans issue about/with solar wasn‘t favorism in my mind but openly admitting to make changes just to see certain groups of players cry.

Ironically, the most used reaction to the recent patch preview is, actually, the "cry" emoji.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Felices Bladewing.3914 said:

What they are lacking from my point of view at the moment is having dedicated profession representives that have a deeper understanding of that profession and also a better connection to the playerbase of those.

This. They need someone who understands and mains each class represented on the balance team, in all game modes.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1