One week until the "ratio'd" balance patch goes live - will we hear a response to our feedback before then?

LichOverlord.6329

13 minutes ago, ventress.4879 said:

This is exactly what happened when EoD Elites came out and was the primary complaint about Virtuoso. It probably still is in the open world.

They get called selfish DPS so I guess this patch is an attempt at fixing that a little, especially with something like Deadeye. 

But notably Virtuoso can still be selfish DPS. They are going after anything but the EoD specs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

But notably Virtuoso can still be selfish DPS. They are going after anything but the EoD specs.

Yeah pretty much. I mean Virtuoso has its place and core Mesmer tends to have alot of support elements like using the Inspiration traitline and blade generation to heal other players. 

Thief, Ranger and Warrior in particular were really bad before this up comming patch so hopefully they have some valued support builds atleast for more casual play. 

Edited by ventress.4879
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Helgaley.3619 said:

It's about 13:40 PST and I'm a little surprised we haven't had an update since the patch is supposed to drop on Tuesday... 

This has been typical. Not getting any indication of which changes go through until pretty much the day of release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batalix.2873 said:

This has been typical. Not getting any indication of which changes go through until pretty much the day of release.

Last year Grouch posted an update to the June 28 2022 patch the day before on the 27th:

I wonder what it will say this year... Guess we'll find out on the 26th! 

Edited by Helgaley.3619
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Helgaley.3619 said:

Last year Grouch posted an update to the June 28 2022 patch the day before on the 27th:

I wonder what it will say this year... Guess we'll find out on the 26th! 

Yep they did in the eleventh hour, which is what I expect, if anything, this time.

Thing is, they don't really have any incentive to post sooner. Either they are committed to it and it comes out as stated, or they have been scrambling to adapt to the criticisms and would better be spending effort on that than PR. So I don't think they are necessarily doing anything wrong.

But, butbutbut. If the patch releases as it was given to us a few weeks ago, then I think they deserve all the criticism for doubling down on bad decisions. In several cases, tripling, and quadrupling down, since most of the EoD specs are still quite badly designed over a year after release.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Yep they did in the eleventh hour, which is what I expect, if anything, this time.

Thing is, they don't really have any incentive to post sooner. Either they are committed to it and it comes out as stated, or they have been scrambling to adapt to the criticisms and would better be spending effort on that than PR. So I don't think they are necessarily doing anything wrong.

But, butbutbut. If the patch releases as it was given to us a few weeks ago, then I think they deserve all the criticism for doubling down on bad decisions. In several cases, tripling, and quadrupling down, since most of the EoD specs are still quite badly designed over a year after release.

I'm really just curious to see what they are going to say this year. It's the exact same negative response they received last year, and they've already used those lines about how they can do better with incorporating feedback and how they understand where we're coming from and what they're committed to moving forward, and yet here we are again.

It'll be the same general PR and marketing response on Monday, but I just don't get why it continues to be such an issue. I started playing MMOs in 2004 or so, and I've played WoW and every WoW "killer" that has released since then, but I have never seen a developer as consistently awful at class balance as Anet is. Like I understand that balance isn't easy, and they'll never please everyone no matter what they do, but this is the 2nd big summer balance patch in a row that has been met with a response so negative that the game director, for the 2nd year in a row, is probably going to have to make a "we're sorry, we understand, we promise we'll do better!" post. 

It's not like the feedback isn't there, and we know they have access to some kind of data on their end, so it really shouldn't be that difficult to release a balance patch that the majority of players can live with even if they don't love it. The game obviously isn't at risk of dying anytime soon, but as time goes on, more and more people are going to notice that their PR and marketing messages are not aligned with their actions. A few incidents here and there are harmless, but these ongoing patterns are just going to erode any faith the playerbase has in Anet to deliver a fun gameplay experience, and then played retention is probably going to start to fall, beginning with veterans of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/21/2023 at 3:00 AM, AresGuildwars.6372 said:

I did all the stages of grief and am now at acceptance to just quit and not care much further. Haven't logged it once since the preview and touched some grass. Turns out, other devs also have pretty games. Quite the easiest solution. They gonna make more money with a heavily fluctuating playerbase anyway so I shouldn't see myself as the target audience at all. *shrug*

Battlebit remastered is a amazing game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aylpse.6280 said:

I don't use the forums much, but I don't think I have ever seen anet take back or change proposed notes, feel free to inform me if I am wrong.

They did for the November 29. 2022 patch. Specifically, I remember they recalled the proposed range nerf for deadeye due to overwhelming backlash, and a few other changes. It was an extremely poor proposal in the first place.

They also repealed some of the new firebrand tome page costs for Justice, but that was a rework and done a few days after the patch dropped. So maybe that doesn't count for proposed change as much as feedback on an actual change. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aylpse.6280 said:

I don't use the forums much, but I don't think I have ever seen anet take back or change proposed notes, feel free to inform me if I am wrong.

They took back deadeye's skill ranged nerf and scrapper's Gyro change.

But not this time.

Because they haven't seen people scream in subreddit this time.

Edited by ericpeggy.8206
grammar mistake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

They did for the November 29. 2022 patch. Specifically, I remember they recalled the proposed range nerf for deadeye due to overwhelming backlash, and a few other changes. It was an extremely poor proposal in the first place.

They also repealed some of the new firebrand tome page costs for Justice, but that was a rework and done a few days after the patch dropped. So maybe that doesn't count for proposed change as much as feedback on an actual change. 

Also they reverted gyro engineer changes too that would have made them stationary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1