[PvP/WvW] - Bladesworn Feedback

SleepyBat.9034

I've started playing Bladesworn in WvW a whole bunch recently and a few issues I have with this spec is that the damage output is often very inconsistent with many of your hardest-hitting skills being quite predictable and other skills not connecting or doing very little damage. Here is a short list I've compiled of improvements that I think are needed.

• [Sword] Savage Leap - Since you're reworking Flurry I think now is an excellent time to improve the hit rate of this skill.
  • [Gunsaber] Blooming Fire - Reduce the cast time and improve the consistency of this skill, I've basically stopped using it at this point because it's so bad.
  • [Gunsaber] Swift Cut - Consider removing the cast time to make it more fluid. I'll be honest this is a suggestion to improve the feel of the spec than it is to fix an issue.
  • [Pistol] Dragon's Roar - Increase the range to 300 or increase the speed to improve consistency.
  • [Dragon Trigger] - Increase the speed of flow to charges conversion.
Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 1

• SleepyBat.9034 changed the title to [PvP/WvW] - Bladesworn Feedback

Blooming fire has 3 major problems:

1)its damage is barely better than an auto attack (esp because it is spread out over 4 hits, meaning it is statistically very unlikely for them all to crit and do max dmg).

2) the cast time is longer than an auto attack.

3) the explosions often miss a moving target, resulting in only one hitting for like 500 dmg.

The combination of these things make it a straight DPS loss compared to the AA chain in most situations. I almost never use it (unless I misclick).

The simplest change would be to reduce cast time to 1/2s, boost dmg by 25%, and increase explosion radius to 240. Would be instantly an upgrade over AA chain and would be used off CD--as a dmg skill should be.

@Cal Cohen.2358 please consider these changes, either for the June 27th patch or an upcoming one.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

Best thing is, blooming fire still deals more dmg than eviscerate xDDDD

Pain

20 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Blooming fire has 3 major problems:

1)its damage is barely better than an auto attack (esp because it is spread out over 4 hits, meaning it is statistically very unlikely for them all to crit and do max dmg).

2) the cast time is longer than an auto attack.

3) the explosions often miss a moving target, resulting in only one hitting for like 500 dmg.

The combination of these things make it a straight DPS loss compared to the AA chain in most situations. I almost never use it (unless I misclick).

The simplest change would be to reduce cast time to 1/2s, boost dmg by 25%, and increase explosion radius to 240. Would be instantly an upgrade over AA chain and would be used off CD--as a dmg skill should be.

@Cal Cohen.2358 please consider these changes, either for the June 27th patch or an upcoming one.

I'm p sure CalmTheStorm's head is screwed on right regarding this, but I'm too blinded by damage sponge number 45 to form a proper opinion on it right now.

• Haha 1