No more warclaw recharge time in WvW pls

Lucy.3728

Hello,

Is there a reason why the warclaw has a recharge time after sitting down?

Every day this annoys me.
I cross a river, and in the 4 pixels of deep water I get kicked off the warclaw to then have to wait until I can get back on.
Or I see a bag lying around (for whatever reason it wasn't automatically picked up -> autoloot) and pick it up and have to wait again until I can mount.
Or I want to activate some skills so that I have them active immediately when I dismount (herald) and then I also have to wait.

Once quickly dismount and mount again, like in PvE, is not possible.

Why?
I can't think of any reason why the behavior in WvW is different.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

If you were out of mount dodges and someone throws the lance at you, you could dismount, regular dodge, then remount immediately.

Also could be used to bait an enemy to dismount and the moment they do, you mount up and lance them so they are unmounted but in combat so they can't remount while you are and can do whatever you want.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

If you were out of mount dodges and someone throws the lance at you, you could dismount, regular dodge, then remount immediately.

Interesting, but that's a very specific situation you describe. I usually don't look at my followers.

How come in such a special situation this works? I tried the dodging without being followed and that didn't get my timer resetted.

Edited by Lucy.3728

Yeah still not a fan of the cooldown. The in combat can't mount does enough of a job in my opinion. Take repairing, you dismount grab supplies and then can't remount to get to the repair. If you are put in combat that's all good you can't mount. This change was also applied I want to say when mounts in home territory had a faster pace. People complained that a ganker could mount and get away, but again we now have while in combat rules. So this is one I would come back to and say we should re-evaluate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

Also could be used to bait an enemy to dismount and the moment they do, you mount up and lance them so they are unmounted but in combat so they can't remount while you are and can do whatever you want.

Not in game, so will need to test later, but the lance landing I want to say puts both people into combat. Will have to test if am I mis-thinking this. The lance being dodged leaves both people mounted and not in combat.

24 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:
24 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No CD on mounting? 

Time for the Roamers go bring more 🧀🧀🧀

So mind expanding on the point? If you aren't in combat and hit the wrong key, why should you be penalized and your group slowed till a cooldown is trigerred?

Side note: who doesn't find cheese yummy outsoide of lactose intolerante people?

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit quoting issue & spelling
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Cant you use movement skills while the warclaw is on CD?

Yes and what's your point?

How does that explain why there is this recharge time in the first place? Why is there a difference to pve? It must have a reason.

7 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

To avoid certain exploits. Like example, someone shooting the warlcaw dismount missile on you, you see it and dismount so it hits you un mounted, and thus doesn't put you in combat, and instantly mount up again before the player can engage you.

But hitting the dismounted player doesn't dismount the player on the Warclaw. So should it instead put the player that dismounted into combat when hit and then could we remove the CD? The issue here is having a CD while not in combat. Why should a player doing a weapon swap while not in combat have a CD? Why a player hitting a wrong key while not in combat have a CD? Why a player jumping off to grab supply while not in combat have a CD? 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

Hello,

Is there a reason why the warclaw has a recharge time after sitting down?

Every day this annoys me.
I cross a river, and in the 4 pixels of deep water I get kicked off the warclaw to then have to wait until I can get back on.
Or I see a bag lying around (for whatever reason it wasn't automatically picked up -> autoloot) and pick it up and have to wait again until I can mount.
Or I want to activate some skills so that I have them active immediately when I dismount (herald) and then I also have to wait.

Once quickly dismount and mount again, like in PvE, is not possible.

Why?
I can't think of any reason why the behavior in WvW is different.

If when everyone logged in and warclaw simply wasn't there anymore in game, I wouldn't question it...but I dream.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

To avoid certain exploits. Like example, someone shooting the warlcaw dismount missile on you, you see it and dismount so it hits you un mounted, and thus doesn't put you in combat, and instantly mount up again before the player can engage you.

well that wouldn't work because the dismount skill does damage and puts you both into combat 

i'm all for op's idea if we make the dismount skill unavoidable. i.e. i press warclaw 4 on you and you are off your mount and in combat