PVP S.O.S.

Anvar.5673

There is a very active PvP player from the french forums (not me) who sent a real warning signal here.

As I still don't know if the developpers read the forums, a little sign would suffice to show that you will handle the situation before it get worse and worse.

More people each day ask themselves things like "If they can afk and get rewards without consequences, why not me ?" and it come from veterans players with many achievements points.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

All it takes is for ANet to actually give a kitten about PvP.

Given how long these issues have plagued the gamemode, and even more and how there has been ZERO work on any of it, much less ANY WORD from ANet on them tackling any of it or them even remotely caring, it's safe to say they don't even remotely care about PvP. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Another hot topic about the problem. It's really an emergency now.

In Guild Wars 1, the PvP played a great role between the end of support of the game and the launch of Guild Wars 2.

The Guilds vs. Guilds were legendaries, the Heroes Ascent was innovative and the Competitive Missions and Alliances Battles united every type of players.

I wasn't myself a PvP player, more a PvE one, but I liked to do some Guild Wars Factions' PvP between the release of new contents.

Without your great PvP, the Guild Wars license would never had a great aura in the video game industry, Guild Wars 2 would not have had the same success and you wouldn't be there anymore.

There are a lot of people around me who really want to play some PvP and have fun with it but it became a chore, hell on earth.

Don't let your internal number and some statistics to distort your jugement:

The vicious circle of low resources. People don't play -> reduce resources -> even fewer people play -> "not enough ppl play to dedicate resources to an already stale mode" -A player

That statement can be right but how you could stop at one idea if you never tried to do something to make things better ?

I am aware that you will not release ton of contents in a few days but the first stage would be to show to the community than you are aware about the afk/wintraders/toxic players problems and take some basic actions.

Maybe the PvP will lose some players the firsts days but it can't be worse than it is anymore. Send a first signal to the community, please and people will speak between them and good ones will come back.

I would love to see again that spark of genious you had when the Guild Wars 2's manifesto was still a thing.

As a game designer, with the PvP you have a great opportunity to reinvent something great from a blank sheet. Isn't it for that sense of creativity that you make video games ?

Don't listen the same angry people at each balancing patch, just release something new. Do not fear to release something. The majority will adapt, the hype train will come again and the matchmaking will be better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Dont quote me on that one, but i think they even said they are gonna shift attention to more populated gamemodes, being WvW and PvE.

Last Content for PvP released in... i think 2018.  Its time to stop coping and realize that pvp is dead and has been in maintenance mode for half a decade now.

Play it for what it is, but dont expect any big changes to happen.  Not trying to be a doomsayer here... but it is what it is.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Play it for what it is, but dont expect any big changes to happen.  Not trying to be a doomsayer here... but it is what it is.

No, no, don't worry. You're right to expose the facts and thanks for that.

I try myself to highlight great potentials to keep the game alive in the long run and I am convinced that the PvP is a big one but I have no illusions about that since a long time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Dont quote me on that one, but i think they even said they are gonna shift attention to more populated gamemodes, being WvW and PvE.

Last Content for PvP released in... i think 2018.  Its time to stop coping and realize that pvp is dead and has been in maintenance mode for half a decade now.

The way it is going they will have  to drop PVE and WvW too, the Alliance thing does not bring new content it just removes the server realms and makes them more megaservery, while the previous New content for PVE is kinda of a dud. The whole rebranded Living world into small expansions just smells of IBS(all puns intended), the whole thing with not mentioning elite specs just adds to the shitshow. 
Arenanet never learned that they need PVP and WvW because of content draughts  since they do 15 restructurings per year. The dumb part about the "focusing on popular modes" is that they killed off the modes and then branded them bad. I think Anet has been cutting the "toxic" modes because of pure autism of not understanding people, maybe cause the modes don't cause "positive vibes" or some other kitten.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

All it takes is for ANet to actually give a kitten about PvP.

Why should they? It is an unpopular mode. 90% of the "community"  looks with disdain at new or average player. What is there to gain here? Why prop up a game mode, when it's population is not interested in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Well it's a full circle why people should be interested in pvp if anet don't provide content? There is a lot of people who loved and played pvp, but there isn't enough content or reason to stay. It's a real waste pvp was a huge part (at least for me) of the game and deserve not that much of attention to gain in popularity.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Nicyu.5136 said:

Well it's a full circle why people should be interested in pvp if anet don't provide content?

That's the point and I don't think focusing 100 % of their ressources in some mini-expansions who will occupy the players 3 days (like Gyala) is the best move in the world. They could at least dedicate 10 % of their ressources for the two other main modes of Guild Wars 2: the WvW and the PvP.

I know a lot of veterans players who could give themselves some goals in PvP each day between content droughs. That's the PvP who saved the Guild Wars license before the release of Guild Wars 2.

And I want to add the fact that nobody in the community asked for a conquest mode at all.

We expected to get at least to see Guilds versus Guilds mode again. I am sure if a proper GvG mode was released, that the community would have adopted it beyond any balancing consideration.

I think they should always focus on fun before thinking about balancing. Players will always find a way. What's the goal of a game if it's not to have fun ? From overthinking and iterate too much, I fear sometimes game designers lost themselves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/23/2023 at 3:44 PM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Why should they? It is an unpopular mode. 90% of the "community"  looks with disdain at new or average player. What is there to gain here? Why prop up a game mode, when it's population is not interested in it.

To make it better and to recapture their interest 🙏

Even if players never come back; can't blame them, but it could still be made better for what remains. The fact that PvP is so unpopular, yet so often complained about, shows that there is at least some desire from the playerbase to see it improved.

And its not like PvP needs some dramatic redesign to be enjoyable again. Just a few years ago we all argued about balance, which is a sign that things are going okay, because to even care about balance one has to first care about the game.

P.S to OP I do not speak French but I understand that you seem to be in some distress and PvP seems to be the root cause. You have my undying support.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1