blatant drophack in spvp

Riskless.4275

You probably need to update your graphics drivers.

On my old laptop, I was having an issue where whenever I was near my buddy, whether he was against me on the other team or on my team, my PC would start getting choppy and I'd eventually drop.

We couldn't figure out why it was happening until we tested some stuff out. Come to find out, it was due to a new super shiny backpiece that was released that he was wearing. My old laptop's graphics card/drivers for some reason could not properly process the graphics, and that is what was dropping me. When he would take off that backpiece, the processor lag and drops would stop.

I highly doubt someone DDOSed you 4x in one game. A drophack is possible, there is a difference between a DDOS and a drophack. But I really urge you to update your drivers and try to optimize your PC best you can with what you have provided. This often solves these kinds of issues.

ive been playing like three weeks straight and didn't dc a single time and just checked and have 0 updates for my driver as well

and sure drophack, whatever it is

they were all plat mmr games so i imagine if it's gonna happen it's at that mmr

Edited by Maytry.8523
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Riskless.4275 changed the title to blatant drophack in spvp
5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Nah there's def a falling hack right now. They teleport all over impossible to kill. The character looks like it's stuck in falling animation but meanwhile it f's u up 

Thats serverdesynch, and not what OP is talking about. I know what your talking about! it looks like a hack 100%! but its actually gw2 being gw2. People have accused me of using this numerous times, but on my screen everything looked normal. For some reason it just happens sometimes, i dont know how to replicate it.

OP is talking about a supposed "hack" that crashes the other persons gw2, whenever the cheaters wants that to happen.

Little does he know that you dont need hacks for this. That dude probably found a bug and is abusing it, or OP´s  computer struggling. (do you run gw2 on a good pc? is it a laptop by any chance?)

We once found a bug, that would instantly close everyones guildwars that would see the target get hit.

All you had to do was land "jadewinds, with a specific Renegade build, right after you got stealthed by a thiefs "blinding powder". the game is janky and new bugs are found everyday. Some people abuse those bugs.

i dont wanna know how many bugs fly under the radar right now.

But what i find interesting is, that OP said the game always crashed when the bell spawned....  i am almost 100% certain its linked to his Hardware or Software. It can be just about anything.... Some charackter has custom voiceline when certain events happen. Maybe this scrappers charackter tried using a voiceline because of the bell spawn, but OP for some reason has a borked file and his game cant play the voiceline... so it crashes....   maybe its some armor that he is wearing.....  maybe its a dye thats bugged......  its hard to find out.

But a "cheat or hack" is rather unlikely. OP, you need to ask yourself... WHY DID ONLY I CRASH? If it would be a cheater... why didnt he make anyone else crash? Why only you? im pretty sure the problem is on your end.

Edited by Sahne.6950

Server issue or currupt file. Speed, evasion and port hacks are pretty common in gw2, I find it hard to believe someone would go as far as downloading and implementing a hack that would selectively dc a player of their choice on the enemy team. I could be 100% wrong but that seems like a level of hackerage u wouldn't see in gaming, especially in a game like gw2 with  no real incentive.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

18 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I find it hard to believe someone would go as far as downloading and implementing a hack that would selectively dc a player of their choice on the enemy team. I could be 100% wrong but that seems like a level of hackerage u wouldn't see in gaming, especially in a game like gw2 with  no real incentive.

At the start of the year there was a bug that allowed Thieves to somehow DC opponents using Stealth at the start of matches. It was abused a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised, if hackers also were interested in DC'ing enemies.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3