pew pew clown cloud > organised squads

Lol wtf, by pew pew poison cloud do u mean how every zerg fight in wvw now amounts to brainlessly spamming aoes making the whole concept of this games large battles nothing more than a ground is lava game, very fun playstyle. I'm suprised a lot more people haven't abandoned the zerg style play for smaller roaming fight so they can at least experience a semblance of skillful engaging combat, than again all about getting those sweet loots haha.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

WvW group fights always were about numbers. If you want skill to truly make a difference: Become solo roamer or small hunting party.

Most fun I had in WvW was shooting the cannons from the top of Stonemist onto a large blob-vs-blob fight. I never had so much lootbags. 0% skill, 100% fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

0% skill, 100% fun.

Fun is not allowed. You will be nerfed.

People obsess over "skill" too much and ignore any external factors that may suggest their result wasn't entirely the result of their "skill".

Bunch of randos clouded someone's boonball and got picked off? Well, obviously they weren't just skilled enough to fight honorably rather than anything that requires adaptation.

Usually the most insecure people keep going on about that and ignore the fun part entirely.

If someone chases me halfway across a map and dies to legendary defenders or other players, they were outplayed., "skilled" or not.

Also for some humor:

Tag: Stop moaing the other tag! They're moaing me back!

Me: K, I'll moa the people next to them.

Tag: K

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

WvW group fights always were about numbers. If you want skill to truly make a difference: Become solo roamer or small hunting party.

Most fun I had in WvW was shooting the cannons from the top of Stonemist onto a large blob-vs-blob fight. I never had so much lootbags. 0% skill, 100% fun.

I think group fights are about body language. A lot of the time an organized and comped squad is super focused on their driver and calls that they haven't moved their camera around to scope everything out enough like stealth signs or to pick up on map lag. Depending on the pug cloud or organized squad, if enough of them tune into the body language and know where and how the other sides legs are getting shaky, they might move too instinctively for the other to think as fast. 

That's hit or miss though and there's so much overlap between pug cloud players and organized squad players at this point that it's just a matter of who's tuned in at the moment and can influence the other side into getting snowballed across part of the map. 

On 6/24/2023 at 6:13 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol wtf, by pew pew poison cloud do u mean how every zerg fight in wvw now amounts to brainlessly spamming aoes making the whole concept of this games large battles nothing more than a ground is lava game, very fun playstyle. I'm suprised a lot more people haven't abandoned the zerg style play for smaller roaming fight so they can at least experience a semblance of skillful engaging combat, than again all about getting those sweet loots haha.

whole balance forces yet to have similarish numbers, since 3 years. bit late to start crying now. it was more fair earlier for smaller, coordinated groups. but yeah u can never expect to win against comped voice groups with a ppt group of similar size, obviously

and zergfights / bvbs are pretty much way more skillful than cloudfights... on large scale u coordinate movement, damage and sustain.

on roaming it's just a jungle. roaming and clouding gets just old rather quick, but some people enjoy it, and that#s their thing w/e.

if u care about loot / time paying off, Wvw never was your best pick

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Hear hear!

Don't care about the loot bags tho haha...if I wanted gold I wouldn't be in WvW, opening a full stack of unid gives me more dopamine than a measly few dozen bags.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:56 AM, rainerzufall.4618 said:

gg

Wow, gratz on trying to create a conversation without creating any points ,lol. I guess my reply is, the bananna is on the chair, the chair is on the wall by the stove. The stove is hot. Temperature is 450 and raising.

23 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Then you should try ACs behind/on walls.  The only skill is how to place them, so you don't get damage. 😎