Am I the only one worried?

DylanLucas.6058

It's fun that they are making this adjustment, but the the game is already hard to balance as we speak, how will they balance the game with these options in the future expansion?

Here are the weapons that will become part of each profession’s core proficiencies in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure:

• Guardian: Axe (main hand), sword (off hand), longbow
  • Revenant: Shield (off hand), greatsword, short bow
  • Warrior: Dagger (main and off hand), pistol (off hand), torch (off hand)
  • Engineer: Mace (main hand), sword (main hand), hammer
  • Ranger: Dagger (main hand), hammer, staff
  • Thief: Scepter (main hand), rifle, staff
  • Elementalist: Sword (main hand), warhorn (off hand), hammer
  • Mesmer: Axe (main hand), dagger (main hand), shield (off hand)
  • Necromancer: Pistol (main hand), torch (off hand), greatsword

Edited by DylanLucas.6058
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That's not the biggest issue:
"To round off our combat systems updates, we’re granting each profession proficiency with an additional weapon. 

For now, here’s the lineup of who’s getting what:

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)"

Looks like PvP and WvW can just be closed at this point, no way they're gonna balance any of that.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

It's fun that they are making this adjustment, but the the game is already hard to balance as we speak, how will they balance the game with these options in the future expansion?

So basically, everybody is a warrior now...

...lmao...(shakes head)...sigh...

• Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

So Guardian is getting both main and off hand pistol, while Warrior (as the weapon master profession) got only an off hand melee pistol

Considering how many times main hand pistol was suggested for Warrior in the past, and the fact that Warriors lack any kind of mid-range options (also pretty lackluster ranged options overall), this must be a joke

Just insane

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

So Guardian is getting both main and off hand pistol, while Warrior (as the weapon master profession) got only an off hand melee pistol

Considering how many times main hand pistol was suggested for Warrior in the past, and the fact that Warriors lack any kind of mid-range options (also pretty lackluster ranged options overall), this must be a joke

Just insane

Never mind us warriors. Seems like they're just going to recycle the same weapons for perpetuity because gw2 is too lazy to come up with new ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

I mean, have they ever?  WvW is just a circus of broken things at this point.

There were 2 instances within 11 years of gw2 existence that balance was in very good spot.
Before they removed caps on condies, before PoF was released(worse than pre-hot, but still in fairly decent place).
Currently is meme, true.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

i wonder why people are worried about balance while we dont have any numbers on hand, we dont know how relevant traits will be changed also. this thursday will be beta to see weapon changes (in their development stage) why complain even before that date. 

maybe try for once use forum to send feedback instead of baseless complaining.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

• Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)"

So good news is warrior is finally getting a staff. But I gotta be honest, I have no idea what I'm gonna with most of these other weapons. (My main guard gets dual pistols but ele only gets one? What's that about?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

So the community asked for a crappy balance forever? Because they already having a very hard time balancing the game as it is....

Ironically, yes, the community asked for most of the crappy balance we got so far and each time they got what they asked for they usually acted like they never asked for it and what the devs delivered was the last straw breaking the camel back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

This cannot be be handled by two man balance team.  That's simply mission impossible.

And yeah, it does make me worry as well.
Depending on how much of profession's power budget is in their weapons the results can be quite extreme.

Some things are very promising (Staff for warriors sounds like a badly needed healer/support weapon), but others can be right down degenerate (imagine chornomancer shield on all mesmer e-specs. Now you know why they deleted the F5 block on virtuoso..)

The current patch changes make a lot more sense now that we see xpac system changes we never knew were coming.
And it's clear it's a rushed job without a proper forethought. Like many things getting nerfed baseline due to possibility but not certainty of players using a new feature that could be busted when used in a specific build (but not others).

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Someone commented on the forums here there's just 2 ppl on the balance team.
Though you're right i should fact check first.

That being said the clearly unfinished balance changes and some very questionable decisions do make one wonder just how many ppl are on the job and if some professions have no main on the balance team (*cough* necromancer *cough*)

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 4

If this was the past balance team, I'd be extremely concerned. We used to get random balance patches maybe twice in a year or so, and stuff would just be broken or busted until further notice. Even though I'm not a fan of the past balance changes, the fact they're most consistent gives me a bit more hopium than usual. As someone that basically only does WvW and some open world stuff, this is going to be hilarious. One of my biggest gripes of this game coming from GW1 is how little weapon diversity some classes had. Now there's a lot more to go around. Also been wanting a Warrior with staff for literally a decade, now I just want it to be Wukong themed for personal reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm not too worried and we'll get to test that very soon if I'm not mistaking. I just wonder how they're going to add some new mechanic to go with already existing spec like imagine ambush skill with a mesmer rifle or the dual wielding element on skill 3 for weaver with a hammer.

Now I am just a bit hesitant toward removing the elite spec weapon from its spec. It will kinda fix the issue (or rather bandaid) of some classes having low weapon accessibility like core Engineer but at the same time the next thing I want to see is a Deadeye with Daredevil mobility.

Anyway I still think this DLC will offer something interesting and fresh but knowing Anet they will take time to balance all of that and I can already tell some spec/weapon will end up getting killed in the process

• Like 1