Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

2 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You gets. Bonus for matching sets  you also get a bonus after the change already answered that or can’t you read 

again the fact there’s a special bonus or not doesn’t change the fact you’re not losing functionality on legendary runes

and you won’t be able to replicate the builds after the change since as I already proved the Bonuses are different 

please go re read the previous answers I already answered all of your questions. 

again Legendary Runes only have one Function and that’s freely swapping between Superior Rune.

now answer these questions

are the item type known as  Superior Runes Being removed? 

will the Superior Runes after the patch still provide 6 total bonuses? 

you seem so confident so answer

Yea until you can answer those questions I'm convinced you are just trolling to troll. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey all, I have asked moderators to leave this thread open for the time being--I recognize that this is a topic of great interest to those of you participating and I want you to be able to have a place to discuss while we work on the blog post for the 18th--but please avoid the personal attacks. You can have opposing viewpoints and disagree on how you feel about game methods and content without engaging in that. 

(i.e. Don't make me turn this car around, y'all. 😉 )

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, I have asked moderators to leave this thread open for the time being

I hope this doesn't come to be a mistake 🙃

Looking forward to further information on the 18th. I just need to be able to make an informed decision on whether or not to go ahead and craft the legendary runes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, I have asked moderators to leave this thread open for the time being--I recognize that this is a topic of great interest to those of you participating and I want you to be able to have a place to discuss while we work on the blog post for the 18th--but please avoid the personal attacks. You can have opposing viewpoints and disagree on how you feel about game methods and content without engaging in that. 

But they're on my side of the car! It's not fair!

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm interested to see what they say on the 18th but also interesting to potentially learn more about how the system is going to be implemented and how they are going to rework some of the 6th bonuses. 

Its not a trivial amount of new combinations. From some rough math even if Anet cut the number of stat combos and 6th bonuses in half, and if half of those are "useless" ( stuff like healing relic with a power rune though there will be some builds that make use of something like that) we'd still have ~8x the number of runes we have now.  If they didn't cut things in half, but still half of the were useless you'd be somewhere in the 30x range. They can add 10's of "runes" into the game by adding a single new relic. 

Hopefully its good news Monday because as a system itself I find it far more interesting than what we have now and I can only imagine its much easier and more flexible for them to work with their end. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

😂 I love the parting comment. Yes, there are some strong feelings, but this thread long degraded into people bickering over nuance and misrepresenting what people's concerns are.  I realize you all are working on the formal blog post, in all that entails, but this thread will continue in its current trajectory until that gets posted sadly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I'm interested to see what they say on the 18th but also interesting to potentially learn more about how the system is going to be implemented and how they are going to rework some of the 6th bonuses. 

Its not a trivial amount of new combinations. From some rough math even if Anet cut the number of stat combos and 6th bonuses in half, and if half of those are "useless" ( stuff like healing relic with a power rune though there will be some builds that make use of something like that) we'd still have ~8x the number of runes we have now.  If they didn't cut things in half, but still half of the were useless you'd be somewhere in the 30x range. They can add 10's of "runes" into the game by adding a single new relic. 

Hopefully its good news Monday because as a system itself I find it far more interesting than what we have now and I can only imagine its much easier and more flexible for them to work with their end. 

Yes, I am also excited about the possible combinations we'll get with the addition of Relics. So many possibilities!

P.S. I assume owners of Legendary Runes will receive the equivalent of a Legendary Relic, but will have to unlock all the available bonuses in the game like everybody else. That will still leave us with a huge QoL advantage in the end compared to owners of Exotics, but also provide us with something to do for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Don't worry I'm avoiding the personal attacks until i read the 18th blog post

Edited by VictorLeal.4102
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

On 7/7/2023 at 11:17 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello everyone, we have been following this conversation and continuing to read your feedback since my last post, and I'm here to give you another quick update. Like other major elements of the expansion, we’re planning on providing more information on relics before launch. For relics specifically, we’re working to get that blog ready for publish on July 18—and because I know you’re wondering, that timeline is so we can write it, review it for accuracy, edit it, and translate it into all supported languages.

We know that the legendary rune compensation is of great interest to you, and we'll be sharing more of our plans about that in the blog post. While that's still coming, I want to clarify a bit about my note on compensation. This will not be an unrelated item; it’s going to be part of the relics system. We’ll have more details in that upcoming blog post.

Finally, I want to thank you all for continuing to have this conversation and share your feedback with us. It’s been helpful and we all appreciate it.

Thank you for the feedback!

Please prepare a legendary relic forthe launch. Feel free to lock it behind 7 legendary runes (or 6 or 5 depending which rune slot you delete).

Then it would be fair and people still have a reason to make a legendary rune. Because for the pure stats runes are definitely not worth it!

Proposal:

- 7 legendary runes: instant legendary relic

- 6-1 legendary runes: provide x-amount of selectable relics increasing with the amount of runes people have crafted.

When people craft "all" available runes after launch they unlock f.e. an collection/achievment to unlock the legendary relic too.

Thank you so much!!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

P.S. I assume owners of Legendary Runes will receive the equivalent of a Legendary Relic, but will have to unlock all the available bonuses in the game like everybody else. That will still leave us with a huge QoL advantage in the end compared to owners of Exotics, but also provide us with something to do for it.

Can you elaborate? I'm curious what you mean by this.

1 hour ago, ImProVision.5806 said:

I would guess the confused emojis are likely because the points you are talking about are wildly off topic.

Well those posts I was responding to disappeared, so this one can as well. /shrug

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ImProVision.5806 said:

OK here see my Feedback and see why im leaving the game.

I played the game properly, i done my to do list.

- Learned a Class properly done.

- PvP Gold rank done.

- Full Ascended gear done.

- Killed every Worldboss done.

- Getting the skins that i want, without paying money done.

Ok now i excpect a endgame content, which requires Ascended Gear....

There 2 Challanging PvE Endgame Content for players who willing to learn more about the game.

Raids and Fractals: let's say i bother another month im at fractal level 100 and i done all raids aswell, than the game is finish, so my intelligence tells me early i haven't to stay here it will not make me happy.

What would catch player as me to stay here, is after we get our ascended gear.... There is a ENDLESS endgame, Guildwars: guild vs guild. The gear i were grinding over the months pays off, now im going to kick assess with the gear i got.

To do so:

More close eye to PvP balances

More close eye  to endgame mass PvP Content

I know the game exist 10 years, it has it fans, people spend 10 years on map completion included using more alt and main classes. But for me thats not enough to stay her.

The key is, "endless endgame" , as we do "war" this week they win, next week we win, the game continues.

You may want to double check where you're posting. A lot of what you said would work better outside of a thread on runes and relics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So much of this discussion is people talking past each other because someone was wrong on the Internet.

The real question is one layer deeper, and the outcome of the legendary rune compensation will provide at least an indirect answer:

Does Arenanet have a policy regarding the degree to which Legendary gear should maintain its functionality in perpetuity?

This is a question many of us apparently never even thought to ask, myself included. I have always assumed that Legendary gear represents the absolute endgame, and that Arenanet have a commitment to 1) -never- introduce a tier of gear that is functionally better than a Legendary item in the same slot, and 2) -never- introduce an item that functionally obsoletes any gear in any slot.

Item 1 has been directly promised since before game launch. Item 2 is at least strongly implied by the company's consistent avoidance of vertical progression mechanics.

Additionally, it would seem that some have also assumed that the implied promise of a piece of Legendary gear also includes a sort of "forever item" function, a final answer to whatever QoL problems it solved when it was introduced. Call this item #3. And include me in the group that shares this belief.

A partial analogy to the current situation can be seen with weapons - every rework and balance patch alters the functionality of Legendary weapons. But this situation is unique in that we've never seen part of a weapon skill's function moved to a new item slot.

Relics pass #1 easily, and a compelling argument could be made that they pass #2, at least in a "letter of the law" sense. They do not pass #3, at least not to me. However #3 is the weakest of those supposed promises. #3 might not ever have actually been intended by Arenanet. It has never been tested until now.

It would be good to get some unambiguous statements of fact and intent here. But unfortunately, I think most of us are already aware that we're likely to be left reading between the lines, trying to figure out what the underlying rules at Arenanet HQ really are. So please take note, Arenanet: your actions will speak volumes about what your most dedicated players will expect from you going forward. Not just those with Legendary Runes, but any Legendary gear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steven.9165 said:

Thank you for the feedback!

Please prepare a legendary relic forthe launch. Feel free to lock it behind 7 legendary runes (or 6 or 5 depending which rune slot you delete).

Then it would be fair and people still have a reason to make a legendary rune. Because for the pure stats runes are definitely not worth it!

Proposal:

- 7 legendary runes: instant legendary relic

- 6-1 legendary runes: provide x-amount of selectable relics increasing with the amount of runes people have crafted.

When people craft "all" available runes after launch they unlock f.e. an collection/achievment to unlock the legendary relic too.

Thank you so much!!

6 runes as that is the threshold where it becomes an issue.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Will still get the relic? AFAIK it's a new slot separate from the rune slot.

Weird, according to someone with almost 2k posts we shouldn't need that new thing because it certainly doesn't replace that set bonus on runes or functionally change their behavior in any way.

You sure you are reading the announcement right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Echo.3725 said:

Weird, according to someone with almost 2k posts we shouldn't need that new thing because it certainly doesn't replace that set bonus on runes or functionally change their behavior in any way.

You sure you are reading the announcement right?

Aww how cute stalking post counts now lmao 🤣 I feel so blessed. You still haven’t answered the questions, is it because you can’t without actually speaking the facts?

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I assume the 18th the thread will blow up again because ANet won't give a free legendary item to people for having craft legendaries before an arbitrary date.

Already been answered but if they give it for 6-7 legendary runes then it will be given forever whenever someone craft said runes in the future.

So there wont be a magical cut off point

• Like 1
  • Confused 1