Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So being able to switch bettwen 99 rune set now that will be reduced since some share stats like deadeye, scholar and ogre as an  example.

to lets say 80ish is not a devalue of runes?

+ the only reason you switch bettwen ogre, scholar and deadeye is the uniqe tier 6 bonus.

And that is going away moved to another slot but its totaly not a reduction in the rune in anyway.

Just because you’re losing duplicate stats doesn’t mean you’re losing value. And you even said you don’t switch so what value is there again? 

man’s the 6th Rune bonus is not the only part of runes, Runes a complete package consisting of 6 bonuses not just one bonus.

again the topic is on the Legendary Rune losing their Function and being invalidated and nothing else again stay on topic. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Just because you’re losing duplicate stats doesn’t mean you’re losing value. And you even said you don’t switch so what value is there again? 

man’s the 6th Rune bonus is not the only part of runes, Runes a complete package consisting of 6 bonuses not just one bonus.

again the topic is on the Legendary Rune losing their Function and being invalidated and nothing else again stay on topic. 

Well maybe because I cant did you miss me not having legendary runes?

Oh but they are not duplicates atm are they?

But after Anet take something away that totaly not take away from their functionality in anyway, that somehow make some of them obsolete could you explain that?

If a rune can be 99 diffrent runes before the patch and after the patch the number of runes are less then there is a loss in value since the rune is not 99 possible runes anymore that is  what you would call a fact and not oppinion right?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well maybe because I cant did you miss me not having legendary runes?

Oh but they are not dulcates atm are they?

But after Anet take something away that totaly not take away from their functionality in anyway, that somehow make some of them obsolete could you explain that?

If a rune can be 99 diffrent runes before the patch and after the patch the number of runes are less then there is a loss in value since the rune is not 99 possible runes anymore that is  what you would call a fact and not oppinion right?

There would be unless they give each turn that may be a duplicate a different 6th bonus. 

and again Legendary Runes never claimed to give access to any specific number of Runes only that you would be able to have access to all currently available Runes. 
and they may remove runes because they may be redundant after the change. and Anet Never said they would never remove specific Runes or anything by that matter. Removing individual runes doesn’t Remove the Function of Legendary Runes. 

In fact they clearly state that they can and will make any changes to the game they deem fit, without compensation to the players. 

so again please, stay on topic

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

12 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Can you elaborate? I'm curious what you mean by this.

Pretty much what I wrote: The Relic will be slotted somewhere, and it will likely be per build, not per character. So, a good compensation would be a "legendary" (?) Relic where you can add all bonus variants one by one and then have access to the ones you want to use per equipment tab. Giving us all bonus variants from the start would not sit well with me, because it's fun to unlock stuff, especially since everybody else will have to work for it.

• Confused 5

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Pretty much what I wrote: The Relic will be slotted somewhere, and it will likely be per build, not per character. So, a good compensation would be a "legendary" (?) Relic where you can add all bonus variants one by one and then have access to the ones you want to use per equipment tab. Giving us all bonus variants from the start would not sit well with me, because it's fun to unlock stuff, especially since everybody else will have to work for it.

Except we got legendary runes in part to not have to go unlock all the new stuff every time it gets released. We knew that when we made the runes in the first place, same with legendary armor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Kinda weird there is no dev statement on this yet? Its literally the only question I have about the new expansion, and the expansion is dropping in a month or so...

How will legendary runes be handled w.r.t. the new relics?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Kinda weird there is no dev statement on this yet? Its literally the only question I have about the new expansion, and the expansion is dropping in a month or so...

How will legendary runes be handled w.r.t. the new relics?

Rubi has commented several times. It will be in the blog post on the 18th, which they are getting edited and then translated to the various languages the release such posts under. There will be compensation, and it will be directly related rather than a fluff booster, but other than that we have to wait until the 18th. 

• Like 3

Obviously the 6th bonus of the current runes is so irrelevant and so equivalent to the stats the first five runes give, that not only Anet can make them into a new system, make that system into a major feature of the expansion and have people repeatedly saying Anet should not compensate players even though Anet already said they would for over 41 pages, because someone might get a leg up on that completely irrelevant new system based on something stripped from a previous system that completely isn't the main focus of that system...

As if none of us ever played RPGs before and know the current rune system is what is known as a "set bonus".

Gone goes the set bonus and welcome stat gems.

Edited by Swoo.5079
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Rubi has commented several times. It will be in the blog post on the 18th, which they are getting edited and then translated to the various languages the release such posts under. There will be compensation, and it will be directly related rather than a fluff booster, but other than that we have to wait until the 18th. 

I assume an extra relic choice chest will be the compensation.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

False:

And that's only one of the facts you avoided despite now claiming you didn't avoid anything.

Again Legendary Runes only have one singular function and it’s only swapping between any available Superior Rune freely, otherwise why would people go for them? you can’t just claim false without backing it up but it’s what I expect to see from some people. You make this too easy and I get it some people just want to whine and get free things when it’s undeserved

btw just wanting legendary items doesn’t mean that’s the function of the item. Some people should learn what function means

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Again Legendary Runes only have one singular function and it’s only swapping between any available Superior Rune freely, otherwise why would people go for them? you can’t just claim false without backing it up but it’s what I expect to see from some people. You make this too easy and I get it some people just want to whine and get free things when it’s undeserved

Again, people crafted legendary runes to round up their full legendary builds. Disjointing part of that legendary gear functionality to offload it into non-legendary items you have to keep getting and juggling works directly against the goal legendary runes were acquired for. Your claim that the point of legendary runes is to be legendary from naming is false, the point of the runes is their functionality and their functionality is -again- to round up their full legendary builds.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Again, people crafted legendary runes to round up their full legendary builds. Disjointing part of that legendary gear functionality to offload it into non-legendary items you have to keep getting and juggling works directly against the goal legendary runes were acquired for.

A player just wanting legendary items isn’t a function of the legendary item… again go learn what function means… and the only function legendary runes have is swapping between all available Superior Runes freely nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

A player just wanting legendary items isn’t a function of the legendary item…

Exactly, it matters what that particular legendary functionality is. And it is what was repeatedly described above and you happily keep ignoring.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Exactly, it matters what that particular legendary functionality is. And it is what was repeatedly described above and you happily keep ignoring.

You never described the function of the Legendary Runes… again learn what function means it may help you understand things.

Legendary Runes have a singular function and that is swapping between all currently available Superior Runes in the game. The function of the Legendary Runes doesn’t care what the bonuses or name of those Superior Runes are and doesn’t care about any balance changes to those runes, only that as long as there are Superior Runes in the game they can freely swap between them all freely. That’s it that is the only function…

it’s no simpler than that, your lack of understanding of the word function or the functionality of Legendary Runes doesn’t make you right no matter how upset you are about the change or how much you repeat it 

it’s like the only functions of Legendary Armor/Weapons/Trinkets is to freely Stat Swap between all currently available stats in the game free of charge and swap out the upgrades slotted without using extractors. If they removed some of the stat combos doesn’t mean they removed the function of those items…

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

You never described the function of the Legendary Runes…

I did, people crafted runes to round up their full legenadry builds between the characters and gear tabs they're using and that's the exact functionality they were crafted for. Cutting a rather substantial % of the effects from them to add them to "new" nonlegendary items very clearly cuts their functionality for which they were acquiried.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I did, people crafted runes to round up their full legenadry builds between the characters and gear tabs they're using and that's the exact functionality they were crafted for.

Again that’s not a function of the Legendary Runes… a players want isn’t a functionality. Again learn what the simple word functionality means, it would clear up a lot of your confusion

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Again that’s not a function of the Legendary Runes… a players want isn’t a functionality. Again learn what the simple word functionality means, it would clear up a lot of your confusion

That is a specific function players acquired those legendary items, so yes, it is their function and yes, that is why people got them. Keep covering your ears and repeating "nonono" if that's somehow helping you, but the reason people got them in the first place remains clear. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That is a specific function players acquired those legendary items, so yes, it is their function and yes, that is why people got them. Keep covering your ears and repeating "nononon" if that's somehow helping you, but the reason people got them in the first place remains clear. 🤷‍♂️

No that isn’t a function their want for a “rounded out build” isn’t a function of Legendary Runes. You clearly don’t know what the word function means and it shows. So do yourself a favor and learn what function means, it will help you understand the discussion in the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You never described the function of the Legendary Runes… again learn what function means it may help you understand things.

Legendary Runes have a singular function and that is swapping between all currently available Superior Runes in the game. The function of the Legendary Runes doesn’t care what the bonuses or name of those Superior Runes are and doesn’t care about any balance changes to those runes, only that as long as there are Superior Runes in the game they can freely swap between them all freely. That’s it that is the only function…

it’s no simpler than that, your lack of understanding of the word function or the functionality of Legendary Runes doesn’t make you right no matter how upset you are about the change or how much you repeat it 

it’s like the only functions of Legendary Armor/Weapons/Trinkets is to freely Stat Swap between all currently available stats in the game free of charge and swap out the upgrades slotted without using extractors. If they removed some of the stat combos doesn’t mean they removed the function of those items…

Did you forget about the free reskin on legendary armor/weapons?

Would it be ok if they took away all but the main stat on legendary armor and have you regear that in a new item called under armor.

Since armor dont have minor stats anymore its just a balance change and nothing was lost right.

Do that show you how silly your argument is?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

I get it some people just want to whine and get free things when it’s undeserved

This again? really?

16 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Some people should learn what function means

7 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

again learn what function means it may help you understand things.

3 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You clearly don’t know what the word function means and it shows. So do yourself a favor and learn what function means, it will help you understand the discussion in the thread. 

Seems like you are stuck on repeat again.

In any case, you seem to be really hung up on the word function. Function and  Functionality have slightly different definitions

func·tion·al·i·ty
noun
noun: functionality
  1. 1.
    the quality of being suited to serve a purpose well; practicality.
    • the purpose that something is designed or expected to fulfill.

Legendary runes were designed and expected to fulfill the current set bonuses. As those are being removed, it is perfectly reasonable for players to be upset that the items expectations are being altered. That's the matter of "functionality".
Oh, and on the sole function thing. This is minor, but legendary runes also have the function of being able to be slotted in and out freely, in additional to "hav[ing]e the power to take on the properties of any other superior rune." So there is at least 1 secondary function, even by your own narrow definition of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

This again? really?

Seems like you are stuck on repeat again.

In any case, you seem to be really hung up on the word function. Function and  Functionality have slightly different definitions

Legendary runes were designed and expected to fulfill the current set bonuses. As those are being removed, it is perfectly reasonable for players to be upset that the items expectations are being altered. That's the matter of "functionality".
Oh, and on the sole function thing. This is minor, but legendary runes also have the function of being able to be slotted in and out freely, in additional to "hav[ing]e the power to take on the properties of any other superior rune." So there is at least 1 secondary function, even by your own narrow definition of it.

I thought you weren’t discussing things anymore? Hmm also please go answer my questions I asked of you that you keep trying to ignore if you want to continue the discussion. 

and again the function of the Legendary Runes is freely swapping to any Superior Rune in game, it doesn’t matter what the Superior Runes are… sooo again if they change the properties of the Superior Runes it doesn’t change a thing of the Function of the Legendary Runes, since they can still freely swap to all available runes…
Fun fact they’ve changed many runes individually already and guess what it didn’t change the function of the legendary runes

your argument here is flawed and just proves my point even more..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No that isn’t a function their want for a “rounded out build” isn’t a function of Legendary Runes. You clearly don’t know what the word function means and it shows. So do yourself a favor and learn what function means, it will help you understand the discussion in the thread. 

the quality of being useful, practical, and right for the purpose for which something was made
🤔

We done here? Great.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Except we got legendary runes in part to not have to go unlock all the new stuff every time it gets released.

Yes, I have read this sentence like - what? - a thousand times already in this thread? Like I said earlier, this discussion is going in boring circles.

I, for one, am excited about the change. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4