Suggestion: update Strength adept traits

Torq.4926

Now that peak performance is no longer an auto-pick for most strength builds and we've lost the option of low cd mending, it seems like a good time to buff the other 2 adepts so there's more reason to take this trait line in competitive modes.

Brave stride should at least get a buff icon to track the effect, as it's often difficult to tell when the icd is up. Alternatively, in the current state of balance I don't think it would be too overpowered if the cooldown was decreased to 2 seconds in pvp/wvw.

I also suggest adding regeneration to restorative strength to solidify its role as a sustain option. Assuming you took might makes right, 8s regeneration + 5 might on heal puts the hp/s of mending back around its previous traited value without buffing the likes of defense spellbreaker and berserker. This could maybe get an icd to prevent regen stacking with combat stimulant, though bladesworn would probably use brave stride anyways.

With peak performance being the damage choice in pve, this should make all 3 adept traits useful and hopefully keep strength builds other than bladesworn viable in competitive.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

It's been a few months and these traits still need help. Defense spellbreaker's damage feels quite mediocre, especially in wvw now that breaching strike finally got fixed again. I'd like to at least be able to take strength for power matchups without having a dead trait slot.

• Confused 1

Strength line is worse than defense line for me when it comes to power matchups, because reflecting projectile hate and a couple seconds of resistance to negate weakness and blind is almost always better and more flexible than berserkers power, which leads to more damage overall. 

Not to mention not being forced into having an attack on my dodge that gives me just enough might to be useless to me but enough to corruption fodder for necros is also good.