Remake Guild Wars 1.

I miss this game when I look at GW2 present and future.

I miss the good combat of it and the strategy value it had both in PvE and PvP. I wont miss Blob fiestas.

I miss having 75 skills to choose from per profession, but only being able to use 7. I wont miss being restricted to weapon skills

I miss having 7 customizable (Both Weapons and runes) party henchman heroes that allow me to enjoy a game in a thousand different ways. I wont miss being alone all the time.

I miss actual professions full of identity and actual uniqueness. I wont miss perma alac/quick boon fiesta.(Remember the unique one stat you only got by being Main class?)

I miss being a random nobody that nobody has heard of or knows, not the commander of the Power Rangers famous for farming Dragons and Gods.

I miss actual Boss Story fights like Abaddon or Shiro that I still remember a decade later, I wont miss Zaithan/Pinhatas , I can't even remember the fight against SooWoon at the end of Story.

I miss Guild Wars, from a game called Guild Wars. I cant find them in Guild Wars 2 tough.

I miss simple and yet good looking armor sets, I wont miss Shining Wars.

I miss planning for a Hard Mode map or UW or FoW. I wont miss spamming 1 on my Mech and beat the game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

All fair points, but why do you miss it? The servers are still up and running

I actually played it for a bit last year but a lot of things like UI and graphics just have not aged well lol. I dunno about a remake but a single player remaster would be pretty cool.

• Confused 1

I wonder how many players still play GW1, and even if all of them were willing to pay money for a remake, would it come anywhere close for the cost of that work?  Sure, maybe you would draw in some new players with updated UI and graphics, but a lot of existing players might be of the "I've already bought this once, I'm not going to buy it again" mentality.

4 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

"I've already bought this once, I'm not going to buy it again" mentality.

If it serves as an example, WoW classic really dissaproved this theory , I personally would not mind buying it again.

Edited by keykey.9182

30 minutes ago, keykey.9182 said:

If it serves as an example, WoW classic really dissaproved this theory , I personally would not mind buying it again.

WoW classic is still a thing? Didn't they merge classic servers recently because many where dead emtpy?

• Confused 2