Is it just me, or does the new fractal boss have WAY too much health?

I hope Anet pays attention to how long this topic is going on for even after the initial bugfixes and adjustments to the encounter.

I think fractal players actually find it quite satisfying they can wipe the floor with bosses in <5mins by playing particular teamcomps and prebuffing, unlike raid/strike squads where consistency of mechanics is above all else. This is especially because fractals are a daily activity and not weekly capped so a healthy fractal population really relies on players not burning out from hour long runs every single day or every couple days for the crowd which does pre and post reset dailies in one go.

In other words please don't design fractals as if they were 5-player strikes, they are their own thing and should remain so. Short encounters with active mechanics that allow you to express combat prowess by maintaining dps uptime even as they happen is one of the best ways to go, with anything else possible but kept to a minimum instead of taking center stage. Dark Ai and especially Arkk before he was powercrept out of his own mind are the perfect examples, Kanaxai is a 5-player strike period and extremely out of place next to the other CMs, even regardless of its own merits.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I hope Anet pays attention to how long this topic is going on for even after the initial bugfixes and adjustments to the encounter.

I think fractal players actually find it quite satisfying they can wipe the floor with bosses in <5mins by playing particular teamcomps and prebuffing, unlike raid/strike squads where consistency of mechanics is above all else. This is especially because fractals are a daily activity and not weekly capped so a healthy fractal population really relies on players not burning out from hour long runs every single day or every couple days for the crowd which does pre and post reset dailies in one go.

In other words please don't design fractals as if they were 5-player strikes, they are their own thing and should remain so. Short encounters with active mechanics that allow you to express combat prowess by maintaining dps uptime even as they happen is one of the best ways to go, with anything else possible but kept to a minimum instead of taking center stage. Dark Ai and especially Arkk before he was powercrept out of his own mind are the perfect examples, Kanaxai is a 5-player strike period and extremely out of place next to the other CMs, even regardless of its own merits.

All bosses take far less than 5min.
Kanaxai takes a bit over 4min but pugs still have no idea how the boss works and explaining that might get you kicked because it hurts the ego of 40k ap hfb mains. dark ai can be as fast as 1:20. Light ai a 3min.

• Confused 1

On 3/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, Nephalem.8921 said:

All bosses take far less than 5min.
Kanaxai takes a bit over 4min but pugs still have no idea how the boss works and explaining that might get you kicked because it hurts the ego of 40k ap hfb mains. dark ai can be as fast as 1:20. Light ai a 3min.

Problem is almost everybody takes longer on average. Your 100cm runs on wingman take on average 7min. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 3:20 AM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Problem is almost everybody takes longer on average. Your 100cm runs on wingman take on average 7min. 

Because pugs still cc every breakbar and i got kicked by this amazing community for explaining how the mechanic works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1