Anet, do better

Decinomicon.4619

You said you were listening, you got over 300 pages of feedback about the patch, said you implemented the feedback, but actually didn't. I don't understand why you feel the need to lie, nor do I want to know why. I just want you to do better. I don't want this game to die off into obscurity. I hope for the game's sake, the July patch fixes the issues with the one today. Also, implement a public test realm of some kind so the player base can test major patches before they release and give feedback. Its a year away, but I am already dreading next June.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Decinomicon.4619 said:

You said you were listening, you got over 300 pages of feedback about the patch, said you implemented the feedback, but actually didn't. I don't understand why you feel the need to lie, nor do I want to know why. I just want you to do better. I don't want this game to die off into obscurity. I hope for the game's sake, the July patch fixes the issues with the one today. Also, implement a public test realm of some kind so the player base can test major patches before they release and give feedback. Its a year away, but I am already dreading next June.

Wow... I actually think ANet was listening.  After re-reading some of these post, ANet gave what many of their fans and players were asking for. Sadly, you might not side with those fans and players, but you can't ignore that they're out there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 13

It's not even a problem of listening or not anymore: this patch, as most of the patches before, is completely bugged.

Between Herald having near perma invuln, DE that have 300+% of dmg modifiers, Spelllbreaker that can remove all boons at once or get 30s of quickness when full-countering, the level of incompetency is in this company is reaching peaks that rival with the Everest.

Patches after patches it's always the same thing. i can understand if it happen once  but when you do it several times in a row, you deserve to be fired. Period.

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

It's not even a problem of listening or not anymore: this patch, as most of the patches before, is completely bugged.

Between Herald having near perma invuln, DE that have 300+% of dmg modifiers, Spelllbreaker that can remove all boons at once or get 30s of quickness when full-countering, the level of incompetency is in this company is reaching peaks that rival with the Everest.

Patches after patches it's always the same thing. i can understand if it happen once  but when you do it several times in a row, you deserve to be fired. Period.

Just now, 8 of us fought against a  Revenant Profession-Herald, who took 0 damage from our damages. 

We had; 3 Thief Profession players, Warrior Profession player, Elementalist Profession player, 2 Mesmer Profession player and myself; Ranger Profession 

Revenant Profession is not support role Profession, Thief Profession is not a support role Profession. 

Anet is forcing roles into Professions who does not main them and stealing Identities from other Professions to give to Professions, whose Identities that does not belong to them.

Why ask Anet to do better when they Intentionally do not make any effort in fixing core fundamental problems instead.

Anet clearly believes that the Community are Idiots by throwing 'goodies' at us, as if that will resolve anything

Some are falling for it....again

-Anet strategy and remedy of fixing Underlying Problems; Throw "goodies', 'rewards' at the players and using deceptive and misleading marketing slogans, "play as you want"--

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, shib.1369 said:

Do we know why they don't have this?

Because it's cheaper and yields more valuable data just to let players try something for a few days than it is to keep up an additional server isolated and dedicated solely to player testing that would yield more muddled data between many players having many different opinions on how things should and shouldn't be in the game and how many players will only really spend no more than a few days to test individual things (like we're getting this weekend).

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Raarsi.6798 said:

Because it's cheaper and yields more valuable data just to let players try something for a few days than it is to keep up an additional server isolated and dedicated solely to player testing that would yield more muddled data between many players having many different opinions on how things should and shouldn't be in the game and how many players will only really spend no more than a few days to test individual things (like we're getting this weekend).

One of the role of a PTS is to have feedback, but the biggest role is to find out bugs...

It's been now several times in a row that some huge bugs are discovered within hours of the patch hitting live... not days, not weeks, hours... bugs that are so kittened up that they have to disable in emergency skills or traits for some classes.

PTS is part of QA and this company has no QA at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

Wow... I actually think ANet was listening.  After re-reading some of these post, ANet gave what many of their fans and players were asking for. Sadly, you might not side with those fans and players, but you can't ignore that they're out there.

Yeah maybe there was a 300 line discussion in the dev discord saying the 300 pages in the forums were wrong and to just go ahead with the april fools patch.

🤭🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

One of the role of a PTS is to have feedback, but the biggest role is to find out bugs...

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a PTS.  I'm saying why they likely don't have it.

8 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

PTS is part of QA and this company has no QA at all.

Now that I think of it, they could probably look at a game like World of Warcraft, which has a PTS, but not only deals with bugs, but is actually known for their game taking a nosedive after gutting I think it was 98% of their QA team likely because they have a PTS.

You wanted less button smashing, you do the opposite
You wanted some classes to be more viable as support - you did the opposite

Then on the same day this mess comes out you expect us to prepurchase the next expansion

No, fix your mess before you get money. 

Sounds only fair to me.

My story character is my Scourge. Current state means for me unplayable for the next expac, therefor I will not buy next expac untill that is fixed.

What makes me litterly mad, is the fact that in the final notes you admit problems with Scourge and other classes and offer fix the 17th... Untill then, you are laughed at when you say "I play Scourge" Thank you (NOT) for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1