From bad to worse! boons!

xXMapcoXx.9614

Wow!

Now what I'm talking about is how the two main boons you need to clear content in this game get applied. First it was, spam a certain type of utility over and over again. No one like this and it locked players into playing their classes one way if you wanna be support. But now its even worse! now you got to spam a certain skill that was never intended to be used to be spam if you wanna provide that boon. For warrior you got to spam burst skill, for thief you got to spam skills in shadow shroud, druid got to spam skill in their avatar form. this still encourages spamming but for skills that will now only be used to do boon uptime which were never intended to be used that way.

Example, now the druid's avatar skill wont be used to heal people or clear conditions they will only be used to upkeep alacrity.

This in no way fix the spam meta play style that we been trying to get away from. At this point anet would be better off just giving each profession a single utility skill that spams the necessary boon needed for support builds. Like giving druids a spirit that pulses out alacrity or warriors a banner that pulses quickness, or necro a fart cloud that shits alacrity because as it sands right now this change is god awful 😐

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

This in no way fix the spam meta play style that we been trying to get away from. 

Who are we? Anet has never tried to get away from it, they started with HoT and has doubled down for every expansion/patch since, all in the name of PvEers that just wanted more and more and more dps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I usually don't post on forums, but this time I feel it's needed. This balance patch is a slaughter to existing balance, ripping of the fun of a too high number of spec and playstyle. I understand the purpose of a less spamy gameplay but this is horribly implemented.

I hope Anet revert some of the decision and/or fix what they have done. With the expansion announced I would love nothing more than dive in the game preparing, but right now I don't enjoy the classes I used to play and thus don't stay online more than a minute. Please Anet, I love your game, make me stay.

• Like 7

Anet NEEDS to grow a pair of balls and nuke quickness and alacrity from the game and buff base attack speed and cds for all classes to compensate (somewhat). It has to be done. Alac and quick make building comps frustrating and complicated and they can't get their application right. It's the only way. Please please please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Seems like this is the way they deal with "powerful" ranger traits now... make it unnecessarily difficult to perform and sustain.  See "Let Loose" for another example.  I can just imagine the rage some druids are going to see for not playing with alacrity as a priority.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DuskBreak.9806 said:

Anet NEEDS to grow a pair of balls and nuke quickness and alacrity from the game and buff base attack speed and cds for all classes to compensate (somewhat). It has to be done. Alac and quick make building comps frustrating and complicated and they can't get their application right. It's the only way. Please please please.

I'd prefer they kept attack speed the same and just reduced the health of fractal/raid/world bosses by 30% or so.  The game with quickness already moves too fast IMO.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1