My eyes, they bleed

Vavume.8065

I think the forum selection part is nice and clean.

Yet I also think the thread lists is a huge fuzzy mess. Namely : there's no clear separation between "sticky" and "normal" threads, and all those "New" "ANet" "Announcement" "Whatever" bubbles are making it all a real pain to read.On that matter, the previous forum was far cleaner, and it was far easier, using a specific icon, to see whether it was read or not, whether an ANet member took part or not.

@ardasica.4531 said:While I applaud the attempt to go for the washed out look that seems to be favored right now, there seems to be a lot of dead space not being utilized effectively.Maybe this is to cut down on complaints come the release of PoF...

Or maybe this new forum means they finally seperated the forum from the game server, and therefore wont be down as much.Why not give a change of paint after doing something like that.

@Vavume.8065 said:Really? all those obnoxious profession badges in signature, apparently they show the thumbs up/down, completely overkill... what an absolute mess this forum looks now. Thats my feedback, deal with it.

I believe your post goes against the (new) rules of conduct.

By the way, do you have to reach a certain "level" in order to be allowed to use a signature? Just curious.

Overall I think the forum will just take some getting used to, it is very different to the old one.

I do agree however that the icons showing who agreed/disagreed are too big and distracting. If possible maybe they should only come up if you click/hover to see who clicked each option? (A bit like looking to see who liked a post on Facebook.)

I concur with several others in that I think the new format and such will simply take some time to get used to. Its human nature to dislike change. We don't like the unfamiliar, it makes us naturally uneasy. Essentially a 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' mentality.

That said, there are things I would tweak. But, I have no say in the matter. So..meh.

Report Quote Helpful Thumbs Down Thumbs Upstand out waaay too much.Smaller font than body text on those would be better.Usernames are also too big.In general i feel the whole style distracts from the post body that should be the main thing people actually want to focus on.

Also for my taste too much wasted space between user names/post body/post tools.

I quite dislike the layout. Some things are far too obtrusive, like the " Report Quote Helpful Thumbs Down Thumbs Up " line beneath every post. I don't need to see that 6 times on one page if it has some short posts. I prefer how the old forums squashed all of that discretely in a corner.

I might get used to it, but I don't want to get used to it because it's just not as good as it was.

Archived