So what other features would yall have liked, in this expansion?

I would like Anet to refine the group finder so it can become something useable to pickup content. A random fractal queue could be nice too.

It could also be nice to have the ability to customize your UI the way we like (Size, placement of existing elements, hide).

And to be fair, at this point, i think that a new Tier of equipment over ascended gear would be nice now that all slot as been filled, multiple time i some case

• Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Nothing tbh. Can't see more elite specs or new professions working. There is already too much. Trying to make weapon changes (+ new weapons) ... is the best they could do. And with any later expansion - especialyl if they want to bring the next one on 1y again already ... it will get "too much".

I can only see more customization possibilities for the current stuff. (Later maybe giving access to the elite utilty skills independently of the elite chosen and even when playing core. A 4th trait line. Or making the elite skill slot usable for normal utility skills. Stuff like that.)

Other than that I'd really see a mid-sized PvP game mode. PvE is just zerging. Stronghold in PvP was a bad idea. (Annoying PvE elements.) The death matches in mini season are boring and the 5 vs. 5 maps with conquest are enough. Would need (but this would be hard to sell it as "expansion only" - even lower playerbase then) some 10-20 vs 10-20 game mode on a mid sized map (half the size of a WvW map maybe) ... target match duration something like 20-40 mins. Interesting mechanics. Afaik the GW1 had 8 vs 8 and some interesting mechanics in the 2 main things (Fort Aspenwood and Jade thing). Never played it though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

new class

housing

parkour mobility skills

elite specs there was still room for one more for most classes.

jewelry 500

one more mount for hyperspeed and air to air combat

wvw maps and battle map game mode

pvp map at least 3

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Dyeable weapons and / or the ability to select type related weapon SFX like projectile animations independent from the actual weapon skin.

Also, a wardrobe extension for your trinkets like the Draconic Core accessory.

Furthermore: legendary food / infusions.

Guilds overhaul:
- UI rework
- bug-fixes
- purpose/vendor for aetherium
- assembling large quantities
- reducing scribe costs
- better decoration-editor
- decoration-limit
- member-cap extension
- guild-slot extension or guild-guesting system
- pvp-arena with selectable game-mode balance (sPvP or WvW)
- more music themes
- new guildhall
- new features (TP, laurel merchant, fractal-access via the fractal-console decoration, upgrades to the guild-portal for all cities, EoTN & Arborstone)
- EoD ascended food storable in guilds

UI overhaul:
- re-organization of boons
- free positioning of elements
- free size-adjustments of elements
- font/color changes
- script-editor for on-screen-messages for certain effects/skill-cooldowns/timers
- additional inventory bag that is visible in combat, where you can put food, banners and bundles
- pet-UI rework
- mount-UI rework
- special action key rework

Auto-loot fix:
- for all chests
- auto-delivery for dead/waypointed players (= no backtracking)

Salvage kits & gathering tools:
- BL kits stack up to 250 charges
- Gathering tools stack up to 1000 charges
- 2nd glyph slot for unbreakable gathering tools

Fishing:
- add basic fish to all instances and WvW maps
- fishing stacks decaying over time, similar to WvW participation, carry-able through maps

Special Forces Training Area:
- quickly respawning trash-mobs in a corner for kill-stack-sigils
- healer-mode with NPCs where you can enable HP reduction levels and condition-spam pulses

Daily RNG:
- Fractal
- Strike Mission
- Raid
- Dungeon
You pick a category and have to complete, what ever the RNG throws at you. With optional reward.

Newbie Bonus:
- Fractal (1st completion, per fractal level 1-100)
- Strike Mission (first 5 completions, per strike mission)
- Raid (first 5 completions, per raid)
- Dungeon (first 3 completions, per dungeon path)
Your group gets bonus loot if you have new players, who have not done that content yet. Could be tracked with account-achievements that keep record of the paths.

Hardcore Bonus:
- Fractal
- Strike Mission
- Raid
- Dungeon
Your group gets bonus loot for every member less than recommended in your group. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps slightly beyond the scope of the question, but I would have preferred a whole new campaign in an as yet unexplored region, with new characters (and races! and professions!) starting at level 1 and continuing on to max level, with an all-new personal story featuring no bloody Orders, no Pact, and most of all, no (/e Yosemite Sam) Dragons. Ya know, like in the glory days of old.

Alternately, a smaller but no less expansive expansion featuring two new starting areas -- one for tengu, one for, I dunno, largos -- with all-new events/stories that run parallel to the core personal story up until either the introduction of the Orders or better yet, the founding of the Pact, skipping the whole 'you must choose an Order and you can never ever ever leave it for any reason whatsoever even if they never change their socks' nonsense. With an all-new, all-different profession for each race (that could retroactively be applied to existing player races, as per ye olde Revenant). With land spears!

And ponies.

* A new mount or jade-tech vehicle with meaningful movement limitations instead of skyscale, which I was excusing against many criticisms of "breaking the game" because it was a prestige capstone mastery but now can't really defend when SotO obviates all the other mounts.

* No weaponsmastery thing, and weapons that actually make sense to the professions and what their identities/kits want while maintaining profession niches. Most especially, adding much needed offhand access: Rev and Ranger focus, Guardian warhorn, Necro shield.

* At least ONE big overhaul project on one of the following areas of the game: underwater combat, new PvP maps/modes, new WvW maps/features, new raids, dungeon revitalization, EoD spec refinishing and rerelease, IBS mastery overhaul. The point of this model was to free up resources for going back and bringing up other parts of the game, and I still see none of it except this stupid, reckless weapons mastery.

If I had just gotten those three things, I would consider SotO to be solid and the game to be back on track. As it stands it is a desperate trainwreck.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Perhaps slightly beyond the scope of the question, but I would have preferred a whole new campaign in an as yet unexplored region, with new characters (and races! and professions!) starting at level 1 and continuing on to max level, with an all-new personal story featuring no bloody Orders, no Pact, and most of all, no (/e Yosemite Sam) Dragons. Ya know, like in the glory days of old.

Alternately, a smaller but no less expansive expansion featuring two new starting areas -- one for tengu, one for, I dunno, largos -- with all-new events/stories that run parallel to the core personal story up until either the introduction of the Orders or better yet, the founding of the Pact, skipping the whole 'you must choose an Order and you can never ever ever leave it for any reason whatsoever even if they never change their socks' nonsense. With an all-new, all-different profession for each race (that could retroactively be applied to existing player races, as per ye olde Revenant). With land spears!

And ponies.

I believe something like that is more suited for larger expansions. but I guess a smaller expansion for introducing a new race could still work

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Elena.8734 said:

I would like Anet to refine the group finder so it can become something useable to pickup content. A random fractal queue could be nice too.

It could also be nice to have the ability to customize your UI the way we like (Size, placement of existing elements, hide).

And to be fair, at this point, i think that a new Tier of equipment over ascended gear would be nice now that all slot as been filled, multiple time i some case

I was with you for the first 2, but you lost me on that third point.

4 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Reworked transmutation system and the ability to save cosmetic loadouts. 

100%. For a game nicknames Fashionwars, there's remarkably little UI assistance for this sort of thing.

• Like 1

new professions, Dervish, Paragon, & Ritualist... I still think it was a mistake not to include these three professions... and adding these three would keep the armor classes even... Ritualist is Light, Dervish is Medium, & Paragon is Heavy. I refuse to accept Revenant or Guardian as the successor to Ritualist... Paragon is not represented in any class or spec... and Spellbreaker is a HORRIBLE substitution for Dervish...

4th set of elite specs... I whole heartedly disagree with the claim that all all rolls and playstyles have been adequately represented through elite specs for each profession... There is so much untapped potential... also some of the roles supposedly represented through elite specs are not actually there...you can't shoehorn a role into a spec with a couple optional traits that don't actually mesh with the specs abilities...

Playable Tengu... They have built up Tengu lore... added so many character model customization options... gave them distinct male & female models... and they are rigged properly for armor... not to mention there have been two zones right next to lions arch since day one that have been known to be Tengu lands forever which are perfectly sized and placed for a Tengu City & Starter zone...

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

new professions, Dervish, Paragon, & Ritualist... I still think it was a mistake not to include these three professions... and adding these three would keep the armor classes even... Ritualist is Light, Dervish is Medium, & Paragon is Heavy. I refuse to accept Revenant or Guardian as the successor to Ritualist... Paragon is not represented in any class or spec... and Spellbreaker is a HORRIBLE substitution for Dervish...

4th set of elite specs... I whole heartedly disagree with the claim that all all rolls and playstyles have been adequately represented through elite specs for each profession... There is so much untapped potential... also some of the roles supposedly represented through elite specs are not actually there...you can't shoehorn a role into a spec with a couple optional traits that don't actually mesh with the specs abilities...

Playable Tengu... They have built up Tengu lore... added so many character model customization options... gave them distinct male & female models... and they are rigged properly for armor... not to mention there have been two zones right next to lions arch since day one that have been known to be Tengu lands forever which are perfectly sized and placed for a Tengu City & Starter zone...

You meant paragon on the spellbreaker right?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

Your last post literally called me delusional and then I see this. How long have you been playing this game that is clearly not GW1, hoping for it to somehow go back to being GW1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You meant paragon on the spellbreaker right?

No I meant Dervish… the spellbreaker is Dervish inspired, it even uses several dervish skills. The spellbreaker is all about boon removal and turning attacks back on their attacker… Paragon couldn’t do any of that, but Dervish could, and enchantment removal was something Dervish were really good at… I actually even had a Warrior/Dervish built around that concept, coincidentally named Varsh Spellbreaker.

Edited by Panda.1967

59 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

No I meant Dervish… the spellbreaker is Dervish inspired, it even uses several dervish skills. The spellbreaker is all about boon removal and turning attacks back on their attacker… Paragon couldn’t do any of that, but Dervish could, and enchantment removal was something Dervish were really good at… I actually even had a Warrior/Dervish built around that concept, coincidentally named Varsh Spellbreaker.

It is not tho spellbreaker are formed from the Sunspears so I guess we were both wrong.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spellbreaker

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Sunspears

• Confused 1

-All raids scrapped

-Raid bosses reintroduced in strike missions

-Rotating strike format weekly

-Strikes with adaptable instabilities for CM(fractal instabilities 2.0)

-Bosses from story instances reintroduced as strikes (Balthazar, the final boss of HoT etc).

-Bounties slightly reworked to be more approachable and scale in challenge for those who want it

-5 group content with mini games and randomized bosses, sandbox ish

-Fractals completely reworked and refined (especially the old ones) new tier 5 for a few fractals (CM as standard basically)

-More fishing content implemented in an intelligent and holistic way, rather than just press f and loot a fish that you scrap.