Recommend me an alt

Atoclone.4810

I main ele, raiding d/wh hat, zerging d/d aurashare tempest, roaming/spvp d/d cat.

Dagger dagger is the most fun I've had in a mmo since the old mfing warshade from city of heroes.

I'm looking for an alt in a different armour class that has the same fast paced fun. I'm tempted with s/s willbender but notice only the spvp builds use this setup. 

I'll mostly be using it for open world and if I enjoy it raiding.

Thanks in advance

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

I main ele, raiding d/wh hat, zerging d/d aurashare tempest, roaming/spvp d/d cat.

Dagger dagger is the most fun I've had in a mmo since the old mfing warshade from city of heroes.

I'm looking for an alt in a different armour class that has the same fast paced fun. I'm tempted with s/s willbender but notice only the spvp builds use this setup. 

Thanks in advance

Power revenant. My assumption is you like the gap closers and burst potential and the versatility of attunment swapping. Sword/Sword on revenant has a lot of movement, burst and with Shiro even more gap closers and escape options. Add Greastword into the mix and they get even more burst and gap closing. I don't think any profession is quite like Elementalist, they have some similarities but when I think of dagger and you mentioning will bender I can only assume that's what You're looking for. That quick burst with a lot of movement and explosive strikes. Which Revenant will give you that.

Edited by Lily.1935
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Raarsi.6798 said:

Definitely s/s power revenant, and probably a few flavors of thief too.

Haven't tried willbender though, but that looks pretty fast-paced too.

I'm very tempted with a wb but put of by the lack of dual sword builds. Have hope for dual pistols though

17 minutes ago, Misterbrady.2167 said:

You could start one of each and bring them to the pvp lobby to test them out and see what plays best.

This is where I admit I have 1 of everything plus an extra necro and mesmer but I've not played much of some of them 

As many other have said already: S/S Power Rev - and maybe Daredevil (thief).
Rev can be frustrating to pick up since the energy system is unique and needs its own dedication for micro-management but you will get the hang of it.
Next to thief (my main) I like Herald the best. Once you can properly work with the energy it is extremely rewarding.

Do note tho that ele isn't that squishy tbh. Changing armor class is not nearly as impactful as your actual build, if this is a concern for you.
Necro or Weaver/Cata can be significantly more tanky than any of the heavy armor professions.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 10:34 AM, DoomNexus.5324 said:

As many other have said already: S/S Power Rev - and maybe Daredevil (thief).
Rev can be frustrating to pick up since the energy system is unique and needs its own dedication for micro-management but you will get the hang of it.
Next to thief (my main) I like Herald the best. Once you can properly work with the energy it is extremely rewarding.

Do note tho that ele isn't that squishy tbh. Changing armor class is not nearly as impactful as your actual build, if this is a concern for you.
Necro or Weaver/Cata can be significantly more tanky than any of the heavy armor professions.

I rolled a daredevil as a fresh character when I got back into the game after a many year break. It's fun enough that I did my map completion with it but personally I find it a little simple.

The only reason I was looking at a different armour class was for fashion wars! I do have a fresh reaper I'm going to play around with but I'm nearing the end of making my light legy armour and have a lot of asc boxes on my bank

On 7/3/2023 at 1:59 PM, Atoclone.4810 said:

mostly be using it for open world and if I enjoy it raiding

Thief?

Try to use d/d deadeye ) 

After last patch amazing in solo ow and can be power quick in raiding

Or d/d condy daredevil in raiding

Edited by Terian.8359

On 7/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, Atoclone.4810 said:

In mid armor, both Holosmith and Thief variants are very fast paced. Albeit I'll argue that Thief is usually very single target focused and has some problems facing larger mob grous or in terms of sustain soloing bounties.

In heavy armor, Berserker is the most fast paced Warrior spec, but the weakest in sustain. Bladesworn is extremely strong in both damage and sustain, but the pace is "intermintent": some poking, then a pause, then a huge burst. Is harder to play, not frentic or key intensive, but still very technical.

In Guardian Willbender is the fastest paced; at WvW and PvP works better with power stats, but in OW hybrid builds made around viper/tb/celestial do better. Has excellent mobility and the damage comes from stacking high amounts of burns from fast hitting skills as Whirling Light, Zealot's Defense, Symbol of Punishement or Whirlwind Wrath, but is a bit weak in the re-sustain department. Kills things very fast, tho.

In Rev the strongest solo builds run condi and are slow paced bruisers with incredible sustain; power Vindicator with gs + swords is the most frantic build (and my overall fav), but is not as durable.

• Like 1