I think we are way overdue for new playable races [Merged]

6 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

and Isgarren isn't a Djinn, right?

At this point though the wiki page now says his race is called a Seer. I had wondered if he was a Djinn too during story but couldn't find anything actually saying his race. I'm sure they made him from the Djinn model though.

Edited by Doggie.3184

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

and Isgarren isn't a Djinn, right?

Isgarren disguised himself as a djinn. Like Dagda his appearence is discussed during the story.

Also funnily enough the appearence of the Seers pre-dates the Djinn, since the Ancient Seer was in Prophecies and Djinn weren't introduced until Nightfall, so design-wise if anything the djinn are copying the seers.

There are a couple things that could be interpreted as laying the groundwork for playable tengu in the future.

In EoD, they introduced new tengu models, which I believe (and iirc, someone confirmed this through datamining) are constructed like player character models. Meaning, the models are naked and designed so armor pieces can attach to them, rather than having their armor and clothing baked into the base model, as is usually the case with NPC models.

In SotO, take a look at the Astral Ward NPCs. While there are specific named NPCs of other races, as best as I can tell, the generic, nameless Astral Ward are exclusively the five player races, and tengu.

Definitive proof, it's not. But it is enough that I can't completely dismiss the idea of it happening in the future.

16 hours ago, ragnar.7810 said:
some new breed would be really cool. preferably if the movement when carrying the sword was beautiful like the female also in the males

Breed? I mean.. I guess I wouldn’t mind seeing what a mix of asura and charr would look like. Would be an interesting sight indeed. And terrifying 

I want playable Tengu already! Also Largos or Grawl would be nice. 
Nobody talks about Grawl anymore. I want all of the races further explored. They have a lot of potential as well as the other continents of planet Thyria and the whole Mist thing. 
Maybe GW3 will have this feature. 
Sorry, I just love GW lore. I want to know more about what we already know. 

4 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

🙄... "Isgarren" literally uses the same asset/model as a Djinn.

The original Seer in GW1 has his own unique assets, including a luxurious pair of legs...

Isgarren himself tells you he's a Seer in game if you mention the Seers to him.. On top of that he looks nothing like Djinn.

Spoiler

"I'm curious. Can you tell me about the Seers?

Ah. My fhogos—my kin. I would not be surprised if I was the only one you'll ever meet. Mabon and I were both birthed by stubborn beings. And like the Tyrian mursaat, my kind are all dead."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

I want playable Tengu already! Also Largos or Grawl would be nice. 
Nobody talks about Grawl anymore. I want all of the races further explored. They have a lot of potential as well as the other continents of planet Thyria and the whole Mist thing. 
Maybe GW3 will have this feature. 
Sorry, I just love GW lore. I want to know more about what we already know. 

Why do everyone forget about the Hylek?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 7:06 AM, Etaiver.9781 said:

I was thinking how cool it would be, in some update or future expansion anet to add new races or rescue the old race of dwarves, in the current expansion we have the dagda that is very similar to an orc.

Tengu is probably the most likely candidate.

Dagda is a Jotun, not an orc. And there is no orcs in Guild Wars 2. Closest we got is the Jotun and they're.....not orcs. They're largely dead and primitive, and hostile to just about everyone. Dagda being the only one that isn't due to her immortality and was from a time before they warred on each other and resulting fall. Same with most other 'minor' races. The only ones that really took the world stage is the Tengu, and the Ogre's.

Most other minor races just....don't have anything on them really. Orc's barely have a history. Tengu is really the only logical option and I wish they would just add them.

I keep seeing people stating "it takes time to backport everything previously made for others." And?! You can release those over time in chunks. For the story? You don't have to start in 1325, and if you did it would not be unreasonable to have the player start from the Dominion of Winds in some capacity. Maybe the commander was kicked out and had to make a living for themselves. Maybe we just get a small tidbit of the place. There's so much you can do.

That's my take on it. Granted Anet has a lot of other things they need to focus on too, but in all honesty......there's nothing wrong with adding a 6th playable race.

• Thanks 1