Disallow class swap after a match loads

How about the matchmaker just stops matching classes together!?

Ever booted into a game where you were 4 supports and 1 thief?    Swapping classes is necessary sometimes, while i never really understood why the matchmaker tries to give you "mirror matches".  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ever booted into a game where you were 4 supports and 1 thief? 

A scenario that happens 1/100. Even if you have 3 supports, it's easy for two players to switch to a non-support spec.

Class swapping is being abused where you queue with thief and change to cata. Or worse, duoQ with thieves and then change to cata/tempest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ever booted into a game where you were 4 supports and 1 thief?    Swapping classes is necessary sometimes, while i never really understood why the matchmaker tries to give you "mirror matches".  

Use build templates. It's one click. We'd see a lot more diversity for every cases that teams would have to reshuffle the spec, instead they'd need to innovate with what they have.

Again, the ability to change profession after queue is match manipulation whether people like it or not. It's a known fact that tops would queue with a bad profession in the meta to lure those who don't know just to switch last second.

Don't bring me in the excuse of "but what if I'm PvE and need to switch?" Do that before you ready up, Anet wouldn't have an issue surely to increase the timer up for those who need to switch characters that way. Can't be that hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

ppl can still swap builds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Because the matchmaker tries to match classes on both teams. Swapping classes is breaking the matchmaker.

Totally agree. I am advocating for that from 2 years and some community members for much longer. Unfortunately it is still allowed to swap classes.

7 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

A scenario that happens 1/100. Even if you have 3 supports, it's easy for two players to switch to a non-support spec.

Class swapping is being abused where you queue with thief and change to cata. Or worse, duoQ with thieves and then change to cata/tempest.

Couldn't have said it better honestly 👍
Even 1/100 is pretty generous as supports have been nerfed into the ground so hard with all the good healer ammys being removed and healing coefficients going down even harder than power. To see 1 is an uncommon blessing, to see 4 in one match on one team is unheard of. Thousands of games played and never encountered this once.

But you will see top players, particularly DuoQ'd top players abuse class-swapping to get the maximum possible advantage, as if the DuoQ itself wasn't bad enough.

With every class having different specs capable of filling different roles there is 0; and I mean 0, good reason for class-swap to be a thing. Switch up your build as much as you want before a match starts but class-swapping needs to go. More bug than it is a feature.

• Like 2