Elementalist crisis

I heard many people say that elementalists got buffed. And over the past few days, even in fractals, there have been groups of 4 eles and 1 me several times. Yesterday I watched a video by Caffeinated Dad, who mains ele, and he confirmed that they got a considerable buff. Apparently, this is "someone's" favorite class. 

So I agree with you, and I bet that one (so far, the only) very confused person is an elementalist 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

I heard many people say that elementalists got buffed. And over the past few days, even in fractals, there have been groups of 4 eles and 1 me several times. Yesterday I watched a video by Caffeinated Dad, who mains ele, and he confirmed that they got a considerable buff. Apparently, this is "someone's" favorite class. 

So I agree with you, and I bet that one (so far, the only) very confused person is an elementalist 🤣

The Balance Team buffing their favorite classes and do dumb changes to the classes they never played? In GW2? 

Never. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Antrix.4512 said:

In PvP I think there is an argument to be made that ele is a problem.  In PvE, however, while power weaver is a top tier DPS build, it is appropriate and not particularly overtuned for a boon-dependent melee build that brings nothing else to the table.  Several other builds deal similar benchmarks currently.  Wingman stats also show elementalist builds in general in the 5-8% range across all group PvE content.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Definitely.

I probably should have said "definitely".  I think that is the case with regard to PvP.  I was more making the point that ele is not a problem in PvE currently.  If anything, they should probably look at addressing all of the other ele builds that aren't power sword as almost all of them are either problematic mechanically (support builds) or undertuned (DPS builds).

On 7/10/2023 at 5:12 AM, Antrix.4512 said:

during beta sword cata had 52k dps
in comparison sec highest is 46k, and average for dps sits somewhere in the 40k range.
:D

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

In PvP I think there is an argument to be made that ele is a problem.  In PvE, however, while power weaver is a top tier DPS build, it is appropriate and not particularly overtuned for a boon-dependent melee build that brings nothing else to the table.  Several other builds deal similar benchmarks currently.  Wingman stats also show elementalist builds in general in the 5-8% range across all group PvE content.

Man that reminds me of WOW raiders. They use to moan none stop about marginal dps % between classes.. in a mode where they are all litterally on the same team. I guess team players are hard to find even in pve.

1 hour ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

I'm just tired of it. Why won't they announce something? Why won't they reach out?

there is only one dev responsible for the complete (un)balance in pvp. And it seems neither anet nor ncsoft care about this aspect of the game so that dev can do whatever he wants. And if he wants a specific class to be strong for a extended amount of time then this is what everyone who has not abandoned pvp has to put up with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The way I perceive it is it’s similar to policy writing in politics. The balance team needs permission from stakeholders (their boss, design team, etc) to make changes. The only thing anet cares about is pve. So imagine cmc and Roy (pvp and wvw players) being told to only care about PvE. 90% of their time is spent looking at pve balance. It makes it quite easy to slip in last minute pvp changes without any real testing or thought behind it.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:36 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

Man that reminds me of WOW raiders. They use to moan none stop about marginal dps % between classes.. in a mode where they are all litterally on the same team. I guess team players are hard to find even in pve.

It might surprise you but players want to play different builds. When one build does a role better (especially much better) than other builds, chances are everyone will want you to be on that build, or you wont get the raid slot for that role. So there goes wanting to play something else.

On 7/11/2023 at 10:26 AM, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

If nerfed in sPvP please do not forget WvW.

This.

I'm a roamer (don't sPvP at all). I'm fighting the same 3 things without end: catalyst, condi mechanist, and condi mirage. 

Of the 3 the condi mechanist is probably the easiest to kill, the thing is they hide behind groups and all it takes is one activation of superconducting signet to completely kill you. The catalyst is just block/evade spam while outputting tons of damage, and the mirage spams you with damage while remaining invul almost as long as the catalyst. I normally don't have issues solo roaming against roaming groups, but this trio of builds has been unbreakable on my own.